Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Your X-Factor for the ECF is...

I'll agree with Courtney Lee and the close second is Pietrus. Pietrus played the best defense on LeBron I've seen out of any player in the entire league this season.

If Lee and Pietrus keep Cleveland's players from shooting open shots and from penetrating the lane with a clean release, the Magic should take this series in 5.

Courtney Lee. Mickael Pietrus. Dwight Howard.

Ladies and gentlemen, your LeBron James "containers!" Let's give them a big hand!

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Courtney Lee. Mickael Pietrus. Dwight Howard.

Ladies and gentlemen, your LeBron James "containers!" Let's give them a big hand!

hand.jpg

Lee - He has to be able to defend LeBron at the same level he did during the regular season for Orlando to have a realistic chance.

I would also be nice if SVG cut dead weight Battie & AJ from the rotation finally.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Lee - He has to be able to defend LeBron at the same level he did during the regular season for Orlando to have a realistic chance.

I would also be nice if SVG cut dead weight Battie & AJ from the rotation finally.

Battie, yes. AJ is still semi-valuable to this team as a ball-handler. I emphasize on "semi".

Rashard Lewis. The task of defending Lebron is well documented. We need the counter attack at the other end and I'm placing a lot on the shoulders of Shard in this series. Not only offensively, but defensively.

Defensively, acting as our active 4, his rebounding will be a huge factor.

Big series for Shard.

i think this would be howards series.. he had hard time against bostons bigs untill he did woke up last couple games...

im thinking that clevelands bigs should be easier match than bostons. so im expecting from him to get big numbers...

also on defensive end we need solid play from pietrus and c.lee.

hedo and lewis will have good games 18-22 ppg

watch for double on hedo like philly did..

I'm gonna go with Redick as the Y-Factor (I can do that since him and I are from Generation Y).

I think he's not as important to our success as Turk or Shard (they are my X-Factors), but I think with him coming off the bench against the Crabs' second unit, he could provide an injection of offense in case we start to go stagnant.

I obviously don't want him in for an extended period of time however, for fear of him being matched up against LeBron on a pick and switch... but against their other wing players, with the way he was running around like a madman following Allen? I think he'll do just fine.

And if he's knocking down shots? Forget about it. Insta-offense.

Alston and Turk. I think Turk knows what he has to do to be successful, but I hope he remembers it. No more fadeaway 3's, keep driving all game long and set up your teammates.

According to Cav's fans, he likes to light up the Q, so hopefully he'll keep that up. We are going to need some more scoring from him, but not more shots.

GORTAT! He has shown over and over that he can give us great minutes. We need to have D12 and Gortat on the floor at the same time for spurts totally taking away drives to the hoop and everybody else playing tight perimeter D. Gortat and D12 will own the boards and Rafer can race down the court and figure out who gets to dunk. All the other guys need simply to play with their same intensity as game 7 and we are on to the finals in 4.

RAFER

LEE

TURK

SHARD

D12

THEN

AJ

LEE

MP

SHARD

GORTAT

THEN

Rafer

JJ

TURK

Gortat

D12

THEN

LEE

MP

TURK

SHARD

D12

THEN

RAFER

LEE or JJ if he's hot

MP

TURK

SHARD

for just a few minutes with no center

Then close with

RAFER OR LEE if Rafer is off

TURK

SHARD

GORTAT

D12

for us: Hedo

We are near unbeatable when hedo is playing up to his capabilities. Last night was a terrific example of this trend. If hedo can manage to string together 4 nice games out of his next 7, we win this series with no problem. We can win when hedo isn't himself, but it makes it much tougher

for Cleveland: Big Z

He's old and frankenstein-esque, but he is still a big part of what cleveland does. If he can pull howard away from the basket, that will really open things up for lebron. He is also the master of the tip in and has a knack for being in the right position to get an offensive board. Z is tall and lanky, and has the potential to give howard trouble if howard forgets how quick he is.

another x factor: The Refs

If they treat lebron with kid gloves and fall for all of cleveland's flops, it's going to be a long series for the magic.