Sign in to follow this  
AmazinAnfernee

You guys think Van Gundy's job is in jeopardy?

I'm not so sure. I don't think he has the respect of his players. You can see in timeouts when he is instructing them, hardly any of the players are paying attention. I think last night was huge for him, if they would have lost 3 in a row and 2 out of 3 at home, it may have been it. But to go game 7 against the defending champs, either way that game goes he is probably ok. But this is the NBA and nothing would shock me.

the great and omnipotent Otis Smith said before last night's game that Stan's job is as secure as they come whether or not we win this series. tirico mentioned it.

ridiculous observation...it's easy to manifest concerns when you see a team 82 times a year and then watch 13 playoff games and follow them so closely...switch over and watch some other teams and you will see a lot of the same with other coaches and players...it has very little to do with them not paying attention to the coach (in most cases, some guys probably hate their coach, I dont think that's the case here)...

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

I'm not so sure. I don't think he has the respect of his players. You can see in timeouts when he is instructing them, hardly any of the players are paying attention. I think last night was huge for him, if they would have lost 3 in a row and 2 out of 3 at home, it may have been it. But to go game 7 against the defending champs, either way that game goes he is probably ok. But this is the NBA and nothing would shock me.

I don't think he is going anywhere, but this post made me wonder about something. What about the level of respect Stan has abroad? If our players don't respect him, maybe other players don't as well. That could have an impact, as far as attracting free agents to play here. We speculate about getting someone like Rasheed or McDyess...anyone think they may not want to play for VanGundy?

Not claiming they would or wouldn't, but i think it is a fair question.

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

I don't think he is going anywhere, but this post made me wonder about something. What about the level of respect Stan has abroad? If our players don't respect him, maybe other players don't as well. That could have an impact, as far as attracting free agents to play here. We speculate about getting someone like Rasheed or McDyess...anyone think they may not want to play for VanGundy?

Not claiming they would or wouldn't, but i think it is a fair question.

I'm confident that Stan will still be her next year, but I think that you brought up an interesting point. Since the Magic are not going to be able to outbid other teams, players are going to have to want to come here. The plus of course is knowing that they will be playing with a contending team that features 3 all stars. I hope that will outweigh their not wanting to play for a coach who is constantly in a panic mode.