Sign in to follow this  
COLOMBIANO

What if we win the next 2 games?

If we win the next 2 games this team will carry a lot of "momentum" and will be motivated after all the media talk and the hate of the fans.

The question is...can we beat the Cavs? They demolished Detroit and Atlanta. I know Detroit was playing bad already, but I was surprised that Atlanta didn't even put up a fight.

We match up great against the Cavs, but after seeing them play I don't think we have a chance. How bad can they make us look?

What do you all think?

If we win the next 2 games this team will carry a lot of "momentum" and will be motivated after all the media talk and the hate of the fans.

The question is...can we beat the Cavs? They demolished Detroit and Atlanta. I know Detroit was playing bad already, but I was surprised that Atlanta didn't even put up a fight.

We match up great against the Cavs, but after seeing them play I don't think we have a chance. How bad can they make us look?

What do you all think?

I know a lot of people on ESPN and TNT try to say that magical fairy dust falls down on teams when the playoffs start, but here's some things that fairy dust can't fix:

1A: LeBron can't take it to the rack against Howard and is forced to taking jump shots, which leads to...

1B: LeBron isn't that great of a jump shooter.

2: Ilgauskas can't guard Howard.

3: Varejao can't guard Lewis.

If we beat Boston, we should beat Cleveland in six. The only thing that could stop us against Cleveland is Stern.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I know a lot of people on ESPN and TNT try to say that magical fairy dust falls down on teams when the playoffs start, but here's some things that fairy dust can't fix:

1A: LeBron can't take it to the rack against Howard and is forced to taking jump shots, which leads to...

If we beat Boston, we should beat Cleveland in six. The only thing that could stop us against Cleveland is Stern.

I don't know man, LebRon has been knocking down his jumpers with consistency. And Howard can't guard Ilgouskus cuz he can step out and hit jumpers all day. The varejao thing is true though.

If we win the next 2 games:

1)we go to the conference finals(don't you hate when people do that)

2)we will give the cavs more problems than they have faced so far in the playoffs.

3)lebron is good and you really dont shut him down but he would not be as dominant against us with dwight in the middle.

4)we could very likely win that series due to them being carried by lebron. dude nearly had half of the team's points the other night. we are a better team. and i swear it would not even be close if we had nelson. jeez.

5)i will lose voice and sleep over the next few weeks!

6)i might cry from excitement?

7)everyone who said trade dwight/fire stan/blow team up should go play in traffic.

7)ok thats enough.....GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Please refer to ChevyBallinHot's Sig for examples.. to 1A

"What if we win the next 2 games?"

well, I will run around the homestead like a maniac. The Cavs can F themselves-

Seriously, if we win the next 2 games - we're golden. The bumps in the road only help you once you get back to a clean slate. Now,

LET'S DO THIS!!

SHOW SOME PRIDE TONIGHT, BABY!!!

::clears throat::o.K. back to work-

;-)

quote:

The Cavs are a good match up for us but lets not get crazy. Rondo has been finishing fine at the rim and I would expect Lebron to do the same, and he will be guarded by Turk. Yes they should not be able to guard Dwight and Shard but neither should Perkins,Baby and Scal. They also have this guy named Ben Wallace.

Illgauskas did not play I think against Orlando for 2 of the times we played them. He is a tough matchup and forces Dwight to play him away from the basket. You didn't mention Mo Williams who is a stud and would probably do serious damage to Skip. The one major thing you left out was the Home Court where they don't lose and the fact that their team is on fire. I think we could win but it would be in 7 not 6 because I doubt we can win 2 games in Cleveland. We would have to play great basketball though and we haven't been doing that.

If we win the next two, we will grow as a team by leaps and bounds. Not just from the composure that will be needed, but by actually playing in a game 7 on the road and winning? It would be epic.

And then we get to face Lebron. I think we give that team some problems, so who knows what can happen.

We won't win. What if?.... we won't.

What if what if we won? Well, I would be very excited and come here to eat my fair share of crow. But I would be glad and not disappointed.

That would happen.