Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Is Hedo Accountable to the Team? My sources say no.

Anyone think Hedo's being held accountable by ANYONE on the team right now? After shaking around my Magic 8-Ball, my sources say no...

His shot selection is absolutely horrible right now and his attempts to draw fouls, and then throwing up ill-advised shots regardless of the whistle, may as well be turnovers for our team.

I find it very curious that nobody gets in his face and that his style of play has yet to change in the playoffs. Is the dude untouchable in the locker room? Is even SVG scared to get in his face? Or has Hedo really built that much good will with his penchant for last-second game-winning shots?

The only change I see is SVG calling a LOT more plays for Rashard than he was in the regular season, hence Hedo isn't running quite so many pick 'n rolls. And this isn't so much a vote of non-confidence in Hedo as it is a realization by SVG that Rashard has had massive advantages against his defender in both series thus far.

It's just driving me nuts that all Hedo does is shrug his shoulders and shake his head after some of his terrible plays... and that his teammates give him a free-pass every time this happens. ARGH!!!

Anyone think Hedo's being held accountable by ANYONE on the team right now? After shaking around my Magic 8-Ball, my sources say no...

His shot selection is absolutely horrible right now and his attempts to draw fouls, and then throwing up ill-advised shots regardless of the whistle, may as well be turnovers for our team.

I find it very curious that nobody gets in his face and that his style of play has yet to change in the playoffs. Is the dude untouchable in the locker room? Is even SVG scared to get in his face? Or has Hedo really built that much good will with his penchant for last-second game-winning shots?

The only change I see is SVG calling a LOT more plays for Rashard than he was in the regular season, hence Hedo isn't running quite so many pick 'n rolls. And this isn't so much a vote of non-confidence in Hedo as it is a realization by SVG that Rashard has had massive advantages against his defender in both series thus far.

It's just driving me nuts that all Hedo does is shrug his shoulders and shake his head after some of his terrible plays... and that his teammates give him a free-pass every time this happens. ARGH!!!

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

I can think of at least one member on the forum that is shaking his head and wondering why you included the words in bold.

quote:

I have been calling for this. How can this guy just do whatever he wants? The bigger question I think is anyone on this team held accountable? The question with SVG is the problem. Turk is his favorite player and I believe not only does SVG not have a problem with his shots but encourages them. This is also the reason I believe Turk will be here next year because SVG will convince Otis that he deserves whatever he wants. How come SVG does not call out Turk? I remember him calling out Dwight for much less. I wish we had a leader on this team like KG who would get in Turks grill and make him cry.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

I can think of at least one member on the forum that is shaking his head and wondering why you included the words in bold.

Hah. Good point.

If you're going to pose an argument, at least back it up with some smarts and rational thinking. Everyone makes mistakes, and if you think the losses of the team are all Hedo's fault, you're retarted. How about those ill advised and moronic shots that Dwight forces everytime he gets the ball, the air balls and lack of defense from Rafer, or MP's boneheaded fouls and chucks whenever he gets the ball. Of course the Magic organization doesn't call Turk out, he knows he makes mistakes, but it's easy for people to watch the game and point it out, and much different when you're playing out there.

The only player that should get a free pass from blame is Rashard, because he showed up the most, although Big Baby is scoring around 15+ a game, so he isnt playing that great D.

Why would the Magic organization NOT call a player out? If Turk is really costing the team games, or playing "horridly" as you people say, everyone would get in his face because he's ****ing with the money, fans, and success of the organization.

I think as spectators we think we know so much and how to play the game right, mean while almost everyone here has never even had a chance to play pro ball and have no idea what real official organized ball is like.

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

I think as spectators we think we know so much and how to play the game right, mean while almost everyone here has never even had a chance to play pro ball and have no idea what real official organized ball is like.

So I will assume then that if your house collapsed due to faulty construction, killing everyone amongst your family and friends, you wouldn't be upset with the builders.

After all, you've probably never built a house before, so you really have no idea what goes into it and what real home construction is like.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

I have been calling for this. How can this guy just do whatever he wants? The bigger question I think is anyone on this team held accountable? The question with SVG is the problem. Turk is his favorite player and I believe not only does SVG not have a problem with his shots but encourages them. This is also the reason I believe Turk will be here next year because SVG will convince Otis that he deserves whatever he wants. How come SVG does not call out Turk? I remember him calling out Dwight for much less. I wish we had a leader on this team like KG who would get in Turks grill and make him cry.

Did you mean cry " ala big baby"

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

So I will assume then that if your house collapsed due to faulty construction, killing everyone amongst your family and friends, you wouldn't be upset with the builders.

Constructing of a house and Building of a team aren't in the same league nor on the same level nor are they mutually compatible .

Performance of a house or performance of a basketball team does not really compute nor serve as an allegory in this instance .

Better example would be boating vs basketball .

After all, you've probably never built a house before, so you really have no idea what goes into it and what real home construction is like.

I have built few houses , few teams and a single boat too.

Point is valid , none of the users here are an ex-NBA players.

Therefore , it is difficult to judge the " game " from a player's perpective .

This is NBA for a reason .

Alas , you may deserve this cartoon ;

dre0761l.jpg

quote:

If you're going to pose an argument, at least back it up with some smarts and rational thinking. Everyone makes mistakes, and if you think the losses of the team are all Hedo's fault, you're retarted.

Lol at misspelling retarded.

quote:

Why would the Magic organization NOT call a player out? If Turk is really costing the team games, or playing "horridly" as you people say, everyone would get in his face because he's ****ing with the money, fans, and success of the organization.

The organization is not worried about it because they know they're not scheduled to win the championship this year, the Cavs are. Just like pro-wrestling, the winner is determined before the game is played.