Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 2 Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic at Celtics 5/12 8:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

It really is sad. Orlando is fully capable of winning this series. Hell they should have won it tonight. The should have won game 4 and they should have won tonight to wrap it up.

And you know what. They have the talent to win game 6 and game 7. But guess what? Its not gonna happen. Unless this team suddenly matures over night, this series is most likely over on thursday.

how long does it take to mature? we made the playoffs in 07 and got swept, won a first round series last yr and right now we just can't get over the hump in the 2nd round.

Howard had negative attitude toward teammates and one could read that from his body language. The series not over and he's not to blame anybody. Especially when you let 2 critical defensive rebounds to a stupid fat %^& in the last minute and 0 block shots whole game and 4 turnovers.

book it! Dwight is going to get nowhere with this mentality.

you just don't call yourself dominant after tonight's performance.

you either gotta be blind or too immature or even stupid to say this. especially after this game!

im not gonna say the internal meltdown is happening now. The frustration is just boiling over. The Magic are simply not mentally as tough as the celtics and it is showing now.

I believe they will learn from this and come back next year with their real on court leader (Nelson) that much better. But make no doubt about, this team simply isnt ready to take the step to being an elite team. It kills me to say that, cause i really thought they were, but this series is proving me wrong. They should have won the series tonight and started getting ready for cleveland. Instead they are about to be next up on gone fishing.

They deserve to lose this series. Epic chokers.

I need to go do something else. This team just don't have what it takes, unless it took major choking ability.

Seriously, they're done, and they're to blame. They can't execute in crunch time. If it goes down to the last minute they need the other team to fail.

You kidding me?

quote:

im not gonna say the internal meltdown is happening now. The frustration is just boiling over. The Magic are simply not mentally as tough as the celtics and it is showing now.

I believe they will learn from this and come back next year with their real on court leader (Nelson) that much better. But make no doubt about, this team simply isnt ready to take the step to being an elite team. It kills me to say that, cause i really thought they were, but this series is proving me wrong. They should have won the series tonight and started getting ready for cleveland. Instead they are about to be next up on gone fishing.

What tells you Jameer won't bump into somebody and get injured for months again? This year they got the talent. Unfortunately they'll have to wait because of their mental super black hole.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

quote:

What tells you Jameer won't bump into somebody and get injured for months again? This year they got the talent. Unfortunately they'll have to wait because of their mental super black hole.

hey i got no idea. And im not saying the rest of the team doesnt need to step up. They should win right now and the fact they can take these leads show that.

Mentally they are just not there though.

i only got one answer to my question - probably cuz hardly any saw it since this chat is filling up quickly. but the only answer i got - that Lee was blowing defensive assignments - was contradicted by my roommate who said the announcers were saying "lee is in house's shorts on d".

why only 11 minutes for our true sg starter?

Its weird how quickly you all forget that Dwight is dominant. He is not some scrub just kind of feeling his way in the NBA. This is a much better offense when it runs through him.

I do not care if he is playing like this it is completely unacceptable for him to get so few touches. When Glen Davis is getting more touches in his teams offense than Dwight Howard something is clearly wrong.

Now I will say that he cannot hang his head and sulk when he is not involved and he said that but it is awfully hard for young guys to do that. They all want to be the man.

Even KG, Pierce, and Allen said there is no way they could have played together 5 years ago because they all wanted to be the man on their teams. It is really tough for a guy who knows he is the best player to not be involved. It wears on him.

Also beyond Turk we all have guys who are willing to play second fiddle to Dwight so again there is really no reason to not run the offense through him. Even if he turns the ball over 4 or 5 times it will be outweighed by free throws and open shots for his teammates.

Also when he puts the ball on the floor to dribble the guys need to help him to let him know the guard is coming in for the ball. His teammates do not communicate with him in this regard and I think that is why he rushes alot of shots. He is trying to avoid the turnover which you cannot play to do.

It also would not hurt to have Pietrus and Lee cutting to the basket when Dwight has the ball and help him make the easier pass instead of a cross court pass. Cut or move to the corner for a 3. JJ actually has done this a few times.

Every good player has called out their coach at one point or another. Its part of the give and take of the relationship. They will work it out behind closed doors but it will probably lead to more panic stuff.

Well..let me say this. The Magic have no mentality and no effort to fight for what is right. This is a team that shoots too many threes and that mentality has come back to shoot up their asses.

In all honesty, I expected them to lose the game. Not because they weren't good enough but they lack passion to strike back. To give the opponent blow after blow until they are knocked out.

They just need to learn how to knock the opponent down however I don't think this team or any future Magic team for that matter will do this. We've blown big leads since I became a fan....in the worst season in Magic history (19 game losing streak season).

I actually remember a game where we were up twenty one points to the Lakers and blew the lead the fourth quarter. Of course we lost that game.

The organizations history will always effect the way the Magic plays. Since then, I look at this team and league differently now after learning from of the greater minds of the forum. The Magic fan base oscillates the Magic dynasty reaches it's peak..then crumbles to the ground with a thud.

Till the end, I will love my Magic team even though they blow large margin's continuously and play like nothing can happen to them twice.

GO ORLANDO Magic!!!