Originally posted by Weezyana:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

That shot was out of Davis' comfort zone. Everybody arguing otherwise is wrong

Your the only one saying it is. He hit that shot like 4 times tonight and all season long. He hit that shot 3 or 4 times a night against the Bulls. He is a good jumpshooter.

While we may differ in our opinions, statistically speaking, he makes that shot less than 42% of the time. You factor in his youth and the playoff atmosphere on the road, you can probably assume that that 42% is bloated. Not a stretch to claim, that in the circumstances, that is about a 30% look.

i cant stand these mathematician sports fans, it was a wide open shot by a professional jump shooter...which means it was defended badly

I am not a stats guy but they can be useful for evidence. He wasn't wide open and it wasn't defended poorly. We made a young player take a shot that he isn't comfortable taking with a 6'10 player closing out and about a second left on the clock. Given the circumstances, it is tough to ask for very much better

Wide open for a good jumpshooter is 60% easy, he shoots 43% and im sure wide open he shoots much better. The fact your even arguing this is crazy. That is a shoot around. Yeah not comfortable well he looked comortable the play before he made it and all game, how about when he beat us during the regular season on the last shot? Pierce would have had to take a contested fadeaway jumper.

First off, Rashard contested the shot. More importantly, the shot looked bad, serious lack of arc. Most importantly without the show, Pierce gets into the paint and I'd say that more than half the time that happens, he gets to the line.

I am soooo pssed off.. This game is a great example how officiating can win you a game.. 2 goaltending plus tripping was the worst. I felt like Hedo stop driving to the paint not getting calls even though he is getting abused...

Magic never built a momentum... 9-2 is our best stretch of the game.. speechless.. don't give me that great celtic D bullsht. they always got away with things...

quote:
Originally posted by 7th Seal:

Pierce saying Turk does little things to make the refs call fouls and then ADMITTED he does the same things. Do you hear that refs??? He admitted it, now stop calling every time he goes to the hole.

Thats why pierce is a star, he can get his own shot and wants it. Something this team is seriously missing. In close games I do not trust this team.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

Pierce saying Turk does little things to make the refs call fouls and then ADMITTED he does the same things. Do you hear that refs??? He admitted it, now stop calling every time he goes to the hole.

Thats why pierce is a star, he can get his own shot and wants it. Something this team is seriously missing. In close games I do not trust this team.

I understand what your saying, but what does that have to do with him basically admitting he flops and cries for a whistle?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Burgundy:

i do not see us winning in boston. they have the killer instinct and we will get beaten badly if we shoot again like we did tonight

I've already said it once, but I'll say it again: this series has proved that momentum does NOT carry over from game to game.

Another win in Boston is definitely NOT out of the question. And with the way we've played at home, they will NOT close us out in Orlando. So, we either win in 6, or it goes to 7 and we have a 50/50 shot...

Turk is the guy who gets abused every game with a minimum amount of calls. Pierce is a sneaky btch who flops to get calls. Just watch the game closely and you will see.

quote:

quote:
I've already said it once, but I'll say it again: this series has proved that momentum does NOT carry over from game to game.

Has nothing to do with momentum, its pretty much an elimination game at there place and they will not miss the opportunity

There is no way a team can give up 52% shooting and win. As hard as it was to watch those last 11 seconds, the Magic did not deserve to win. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. That being said, Big Baby belongs on a short bus. He hit a relatively open shot, but he is pretty much horrible. If we would have won with that bad offense, it would have been uncanny. We should take that loss with a grain of salt and move on.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Burgundy:

quote:

Has nothing to do with momentum, its pretty much an elimination game at there place and they will not miss the opportunity

It's pretty much an elimination game at their place and we will not miss the oppurtunity. See what I did there?