Sign in to follow this  
Nike

Rd 2 Game 4: Playoffs Game Thread Magic vs. Celtics 5/10 8:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

ELEVENTH!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The start of a very long series of consecutive counting Im sure...

Well we have our starters back..

and since we can only hold up our big leads when we have a starter or two out, i say we win a close game after having a 15+ point lead..

I believe our guys come out with the same fire as they did in game 3..I think Boston will pay alot better but we will be too tough & go on & take real advantage of this series..GO MAGIC!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

David Stern, the Celtics, and refs will force Hedo to beat the Celtics so please Hedo, bring your 50 pt night because conspiracy will be at Amway.

Totally agree on that.

once alston and lee return to the game and like last night hedo will not be the primary ball handler, he will have time to shoot and penetrate, so he will have his big night.

If he penetrates enough tonight he will make the celtics' best players go into early foul trouble and get his much needed points.

We will have a huge win and will go to boston with a 3-1 advantage. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by jsrtreeson:

46808889.jpg

that is one attractive man

(no homo)

yes photobucket can resize

May be the whole team should don these masks and look this intimidating!

Would be awesome to get a huge lead and play fair so that Joey couldn't make the Celts win.

Wait... ****... Lost cause.

{X-Factors}

Seems pretty clear to me that Rafer Alston is the X-Factor tonight for the Magic. He's struggled some in this series, and now he still needs to pick up his game like the rest of his teammates did in Game 3, especially defensively against Rondo. If Rondo doesn't dribble penetrate tonight, Boston isn't very likely to win.

The one way they could win if Rondo doesn't cause havoc, is if they hit outside shots. Ray Allen has gone from being a main factor, to a mere X-Factor. In Boston's win, he didnt shoot well, but still had 22 points. In Boston's two losses combined, Ray Allen has shot only 5 for 25 from the floor for 17 points.

Boston needs Rondo penetrating and Ray Ray dropping bombs. If they get both, they win. If they get neither, it's a repeat of Game 3. If they get one of the two.. then it's a close game.

Time to put my 9-Game Prediction Streak on the line. So when it comes to predicting the game, I'm having a hard time with the margin. I was expecting a close win in Game 3, and a blowout here in Game 4. We got a blowout in Game 3, instead. So did I get my predictions flipped, and tonight will be close? Or maybe a second straight blowout?

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm pretty confident (still wary, but also confident) that the Magic will win tonight, whether it's by 1 or 21. But for the record, this series is way overdue for a close contest throughout. I think the Magic pull away late from the free throw line.

Bold Prediction: Courtney Lee scores 20+ points in his return to the starting lineup.

Boston 91

Orlando 99

EDIT: Well, Courtney's officially not starting, but I'll stick to the 20+ point part. LOL.