Sign in to follow this  
MagicMan83

Dear Detroit fans

I agree, It is disappointing we did not win 2, 3 times, but I still cherish that one year we did and when i think about it, I forget about all the other seasons.

if you magic fans where in the same situation, I think you would know it doesn't matter as much to us as you think it does.

This could end up being one of the most idiotic posts on any message board ever. First of all, Darko was by no means our best prospect. That would be Amir Johnson. Secondly, Joe D. is running the show. He has proven time and again, that he knows what he's doing. Plus, he will have your pick to play with this year. Enjoy mediocrity, because you seem well accustomed to it.

brianhill1_200x250.jpg

Actually, I'd say the Pistons best prospect was Tayshaun Prince. Are you kidding me? I can't imagine any team that wouldn't want that guy.

As far as supporting the Magic goes: I'm all in. I like other teams, but the Magic are MY team. Below them, I've like the Suns since they got Chuck and KJ, but I always root for the Magic when the two play.

Being a Magic fan has been real frustrating, but it will be all worth it when they become a dynasty.

...provided they can hold on to Dwight, Darko, and JJ.

quote:
But we can hope to have a shot at wining a title ever year.

Okay SmellyDfan now you are just being delusional. Pistons have no shot. ZERO of winning it all this year. this happens every other year. A number one or two seed beats up on a clearly inferior 7th or 8th and then starts getting delusions of grandeur. Stop already. Your window to win another championship ended last year. You have no shot of beating anybody in the west and I doubt you will even get the chance to try.

Wow this is a sad topic. I am a magic Fan but how the hell can anyone downplay what Detroit has done? They are an awesome team. I agree that their window with this current squad is closing but as long as we have these clowns running this irganization, having some young talent like we do guarantees nothing. I'd take being in Detroits position over ours any day.

quote:
Originally posted by Pistons:

I'll take being in the hunt for a championship every year and only winning one, than being in the lottery for 4 years in a row, and then getting swept out of the first round any day.

How did the Magic do when they had Shaq and actually were in the hunt for a title? They didn't win. You act like winning 50+ games and losing in the ECF and Finals and only winning 1 Finals is a negative.

The Magic and Cleveland fans are the same, just saying the future will be good for them. Only losing franchises say how good they WILL be, not how good they are. The Pistons will not be in the lottery with Joe Dumars running the ship, he isn't Isaiah Thomas.

**Gong Crashes**

I heard you mention my name "Pistons!!"

Where is the love man? I remember back in the day you used to have a stuffed Isiah edition my buddy doll and slept in Isiah pajamas. Now, I'm no Joe D? I was the ALPHA baby! I was the king! Joe D was Robin, I was Batman! I will bring the Knicks back from the ashes and crush the Pistons. Starting with this trade, let me know what you think...

We will give you Eddy Curry, David Lee and Channing Fry. You send us Lake Michigan, 100 Ford Fusions, and Robocop. I will convert him to a pass first PG and we will mow down the rest of the NBA faster than you can say Ed-209! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMan83:

Dear Pistons Fans,

How does it feel to have one of the best teams in the league? I mean it must feel pretty good right? Last year you guys really tore the NBA apart, you had the best record.Then you went to the Playoffs and you beat the Bucks,wow! Then the Cavs came and you beat them in 7 games! What a series that was! Then you lost to Miami in the ECF that's too bad.

Then the previous year you made it all the way to the NBA finals! But you lost. In fact you have been to the ECF 4 times in a row,The last 2 teams to make it to the conference finals in 3 or more consecutive seasons (Lakers,Bulls) each have 3 championships. Detroit has one, but that's ok.

You guys even had two 50 win season's before you won that championship! While you do have a very experienced team, what do you have for the future? You traded your best prospect to Orlando last season.

So while we all sit back and watch the Pistons dismantle my beloved Orlando Magic know this Pistons fans, In 5 years the Pistons will be lottery regulars while our Magic team is still barley entering it's prime. We will dominate the East for the next 13 or 14 season's.And I guarantee that era will end with more then one Championship.

So while you celebrate a first round victory that anyone could predict, I would like to thank you for helping us grow as a team. We got what we expected out of this playoff series. Have the Pistons lived up to your expectations?

It feels pretty good to have one of the best teams in the league. It stinks when they lose, just like it stinks for fans of other teams when their home team loses. But, just like most fanbases, there are plenty of us who are diehard Pistons fans who went through the losing seasons and the heartache. We know what it's like not to make the playoffs and to have a bad team. While there are band wagon fans with every team, there are plenty of us Pistons fans who cheer for our team win or lose. Last year stunk losing to Miami. And, the year before that stunk losing in game 7 of the NBA Finals. But, it was a lot of fun watching the Pistons get to those points.

You're right, the Pistons had two 50 win seasons even before winning the championship in 2004. Six consecutive 50+ win seasons. Four consecutive EC Finals appearances. The most playoff games of any franchise over the past five seasons, including more than the Spurs. The best attendance of any franchise over that same period. Under the luxury tax almost every year.

It really stinks.

Why would you criticize the Pistons for having all that success just because they only won 1 NBA title over that period? What would Kevin Garnett and Minnesota fans do for just ONE title? How about the New Jersey Nets fans, who went to the NBA Finals two consecutive years only to not win either time? What about the Sacramento Kings, who during 2000-2003 might have been the best team in the history of the NBA never to win a title. They didn't even get to the Finals. How about the Portland Trailblazers with all their talent a few years ago? Criticize the Pistons for only winning 1 NBA title all you want. There are 24 teams over the last 25 years that wish they could say that much. Only 6 NBA franchises have won NBA championships over the last 25 years. Only SIX NBA TEAMS. Detroit has 3 of those NBA titles.

In five years, the Pistons may very well be lottery regulars. That's what happens when star players get old. The Spurs and Heat will also no longer be elite teams in 5 years. Oh well. That doesn't mean the Orlando Magic will be elite by then. They have some young talent, but what guarantees do you have that Dwight Howard will make the Magic a serious title contender? When Chicago and Cleveland (both young teams) start dominating the Eastern Conference, where will the Magic be? Dwight Howard is a special young talent. But, patronizing what the Pistons have done over the past 5 years with hypotheticals of what the Orlando Magic "MIGHT" do in five years is blatantly sour grapes with no factual merit.

I don't have anything against the Orlando Magic. I haven't talked any smack. I've come to this board over the last two weeks and didn't even decide to register until today. This thread is just so silly, I had to respond.

Good luck in the future. The Magic have a chance to become a very good team in a few years. But, nothing is guaranteed. So, instead of talking down to Pistons fans saying their run is over, just say good series and move on and hope your team gets better.

As for the Pistons living up to expectations? They've gone beyond my expectations over the last five seasons. I didn't expect them to win it all in 2004. And, I didn't expect them to have the type of success they've had over the last few years before it started happening. You're asking whether expectations changed because of the championship, but not really. The Spurs were the better team in 2005 so it was no surprise they won. Of course I wanted the Pistons to win and I thought they had a chance, but it didn't surprise me that they lost to the Spurs. As for last year, I expected the Pistons to return to the NBA Finals, but losing to the Heat didn't surprise me either, the way Dwyane Wade played. They were the better team last year. The Pistons have lived up and gone beyond the expectations I've had of them every year over the last five years.

Have some more sour grapes, bud.

By the way, this Detroit-Orlando series still isn't over. Anything can happen. And, as a sports fan that have seen crazy things happen all the time, just like Yogi, I don't say it's over until it's really over.

quote:
Just because your team is not being successful why do you have to insult another team?

Personally, I respect what the Pistons can do, but then again, you ARE a Pistons fan on the Orlando fan site. Fuel on the fire - what did you expect?

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

quote:
Just because your team is not being successful why do you have to insult another team?

Personally, I respect what the Pistons can do, but then again, you ARE a Pistons fan on the Orlando fan site. Fuel on the fire - what did you expect?

That's my point. This is an Orlando Magic site. All you piston fan come here and instantiate. I was never putting your team down. I just dont feel they have lived up to there full potential now the window is closing. You clearly have the better team. Why do you guys have to come and post on our board about how great your team is. The fact is your window is closing.

You Detroit fans have a four leaf clover. Our coach has Alzheimer's so he forgets whats right and wrong. You Pistons lucked out.

I have never bragged about my team. My life does not revolve around the Pistons and your life should not revolve around the Magic. There are a few arrogant fans on here from Detroit, but in most cases if you say something to disrespect the Pistons then our fans are going to have something to say back. That's just the way it goes. Like I said I have never disrespected the Magics in anyway. I haven't even said anything about a possible sweep of yall or nothing(others have but it doesn't matter to me). I fail to believe that Detroit's window is closing. I mean our guys are getting old, but we do have youth that we are developing. You may not watch enough Piston games to see that. Also, just because your team is younger doesn't automatically make your team a future contender or success. We are not jealous because we let Darko go. We have too much rising talent in Amir Johnson to worry about the past. Whether you like it or not we have younger talent on our team that may or may not keep this team afloat in years to come. DOn't try to downplay what the pistons have done worry about the Magic and their future with Dwight Howard. Its obvious he is gonna be a beast in many years to come. The only reason I am on this board is to talk about the game. I don't want to sling insults at anyone and I don't expect people to sling insults at my team or the city of Detroit.