Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Round 2 - Game 1: Playoffs Game Thread Magic at Celtics 5/4/09 8:00 P.M.

quote:
Bottom line is we get to go out and play Game two, knowing that a win essentially ends the series. The Celtics have to go out knowing that a loss basically ends the series. I like the chances because, while their not great, they don't need to be.

You beat me to it. Hahaha.

in that first half playing through shard we seem to be our best. hes much better at kicking and hes versatile enough to hit from anywhere on the court. we hit our threes best when were driving to the lane and kicking out not just jacking up shots. i dont understand how we got away from what worked that second half. i didnt see anything boston did to change that. we just panic and start playing like fish out of water. some of those shots by hedo was just uncalled for. he really does need to realize hes not kobe because i truly think he does. for every big shot he makes for us it seems he equals that out with bad decisions. lowest basketball iq on the team imo. none the less ill take the win but we need to learn to finish games out plain and simple or the remainder of the playoffs will be real tough

i do believe in momentum it is huge i think the philly series would of been diffrent if we had of finished the seaon strong

Doc Rivers at postgame:

quote:

It's not about the refs. We weren't attacking on the first half. We weren't allowing the refs to make the foul calls

As if the refs would call a foul in every Boston drive? What kind of crack is Doc smoking.

Magic vs. Celtics Blueprint:

Magic take big lead-----Celtics foul on almost every play----refs don't call any fouls on Celtics, but call touch fouls on Magic sending Celtics to the free throw line----big lead disappears----Magic still win.

Not sure if there is such thing as a bad win but if there is this was one! Great first half, but the 2nd half way to many 3's and turnovers. They should have kept posting shard and howard and keep driving to the basket. I hope the end of this game did not give the c's momentum for the next game.

GO MAGIC!!!!

quote:

Magic take big lead-----Celtics foul on almost every play----refs don't call any fouls on Celtics, but call touch fouls on Magic sending Celtics to the free throw line----big lead disappears----Magic still win.

Yup. Horribly officiated 2nd half.