Sign in to follow this  
PEC

HoopsWorld's Answer for the Magic to Beat Philly

I'm not a Hedo defender (I think someone like T. Prince would be an awesome fit), but I don't dislike the guy, either: he's helped us win more games than he's lost.

I seriously don't get where the animosity for him comes from.

For the first three games (and most of the fourth), he was playing like a guy who had recently injured his ankle and still wasn't 100% confident in it.

'Shard was/is playing like a guy with a sick newborn at home and knee tendonitis.

Weird.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

I'm not a Hedo defender (I think someone like T. Prince would be an awesome fit), but I don't dislike the guy, either: he's helped us win more games than he's lost.

I seriously don't get where the animosity for him comes from.

For the first three games (and most of the fourth), he was playing like a guy who had recently injured his ankle and still wasn't 100% confident in it.

'Shard was/is playing like a guy with a sick newborn at home and knee tendonitis.

Weird.

Oooh oooh lemme play.

JJ's playing like he's on maternity leave.

now that would be something.

If JJ could still shoot, I'd play him. He played harder in his five minutes than anyone else on the floor. That's always an asset in the playoffs, however, he just can't make open shots. If he was shooting around 45% from three like I thought he would once he got significant minutes, he'd be a huge weapon on offense.

As far as offensive strategy, I

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

If JJ could still shoot, I'd play him. He played harder in his five minutes than anyone else on the floor. That's always an asset in the playoffs, however, he just can't make open shots. If he was shooting around 45% from three like I thought he would once he got significant minutes, he'd be a huge weapon on offense.

The WHOLE TEAM needs to get that inside-outside mentality. I've seen way too many of our players just standing around outside the three-point line waiting for the ball.

DRIVE IT TO THE HOLE. When the defender has to sit back to protect against the drive, THAT'S when you get those wide-open looks.

Sheesh.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd buy that - just having one more guy in there to rebound would be nice. Unfortunately, that would probably fall to Courtney or Alston.

quote:

quote:

quote:

As DoM pointed out, the 76ers are not doubling Dwight, which has played out to be a extremely good strategy, the only reason being that Philly's forwards are propably the most athletic starters in the league. I think this series is tough because of that, but if and hopefully we do get to the second round, anyone who tries this strategy will get blown out, for the simple fact that our forwards, are probably the best combo in the league because of the mismatches they create.

When we move on, and we play Boston/Chicago, they are gonna go back to doubling Dwight, if they don't it's a loss, and when they do, everyone else will open up and our forwards will produce like they had been the whole season.

The only reason this series is tough, is because Philly matches up so great with us. Miller destroys the PG position, Young and AI are too atheltic for us. The only advantage we have is the SG and C positions, and we need to use that advantage.

I like what I saw in Game 4, in terms of giving Hedo more of a scoring role rather than "create for others" which was not working. As you guys prolly saw, CLee was running a number of pick and rolls getting our forwards open, hopefully we'll see that more.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

quote: