Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Last-Second Loss Spoils Spectacular Comeback

Why did the coaches not keep doing what they did in the 3rd quarter "Spectacular comeback"?

I didn't see Philly really adjust anything on defense. Our penetration was killing them in the 3rd, and we stop doing it in the 4th.

Really mind boggling???

Good read. This has been a really disapointing series. I still think we will end up winning but comon... Hopefully we are just pulling a Boston from last year.

And another thing, next year, Shard needs to restructer if he gives 2 ishes about this team. He does not deserve max deal money and watchin his one dementional play hurts my Magic.

Yea that's true Boston almost got eliminated by the Hawks and then wound up winning the championship! Philly had Detroit in elimination last season and failed to close the deal so there's hope for Magic nation! As long as Orlando plays the 48 minute game like Dwight said in the last contests we will be fine. But if we slack it will be one of the most disappointing things I've ever experienced as a Magic fan.

quote:
Why did the coaches not keep doing what they did in the 3rd quarter "Spectacular comeback"?

You mean, "Why did Hedo come back in the game, when clearly nobody on the team nor fans of the organization want him touching the ball, let alone handling it every possession"

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

quote:

You mean, "Why did Hedo come back in the game, when clearly nobody on the team nor fans of the organization want him touching the ball, let alone handling it every possession"

Exactly....

disappointing.

quote:
Originally posted by ChevyBallinHot:

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

quote:

Exactly....

disappointing.

Truly disappointing .... but hang in there guys I still have hope ... I just hope Stan watches film on this game and keeps doing what we did on that 3rd quarter.

quote:
Originally posted by InsideoutO:

Good read. This has been a really disapointing series. I still think we will end up winning but comon... Hopefully we are just pulling a Boston from last year.

And another thing, next year, Shard needs to restructer if he gives 2 ishes about this team. He does not deserve max deal money and watchin his one dementional play hurts my Magic.

NBA players do not and cannot restructure deals. It doesn't and can't happen. This isn't the NFL. A player can take less at contract time but once its signed, it is what it is.

Shard and Hedo are very inconsistent and the defense of the Magic depends on Dwight with little effort from 2 finesse forwards and guards that don't shut other guards down. The Magic look like there are free give aways at the other end of the court after they miss.

The main reason we are weak in team rebounding is the fact that nobody besides Dwight rebounds. Dwight thanked the forwards because if they would rebound he would of not won the title.

I hoped Otis learned a lesson for last year when Chancey schooled Jameer and Orlando can't defend big guards.

The Magic are driving Stan nuts and he is driving the players nuts. If the Magic fail to beat Philly and I still think that we can still win is the chance we need to let Hedo go and restructure Lewis's deal.

In the fourth quarter nobody steps up. Shard is paid more than D Wade and most others in the NBA. The Magic should of learned from G Hill but signing Shard at a top three player in the league salary and he should be the leader. Otis missed this one.

During television shot of Shard speaking with a Philly player he was laughing and smiling when we were getting our butts beat. I get tired of Hedo throwing the ball away and just laughing about it.

To be in the league of a elite team we need to get tough.

quote:
Originally posted by cincinnati kid:

Shard and Hedo are very inconsistent and the defense of the Magic depends on Dwight with little effort from 2 finesse forwards and guards that don't shut other guards down. The Magic look like there are free give aways at the other end of the court after they miss.

What's frustrating for me is reading everyone lumping Rashard's defense in with Hedo. Rashard has been playing fine defense the past two games - in game 3, besides the last play Thaddeus was very ineffective and Rashard was also our only effective double-teamer, as evidenced by his steals and many near steals.

I'm not going to defend his energy level on offense, nor his contract, but it's not his fault AI and Andre Miller are having monster games on us.