Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Game 3 Playoffs: Magic @ 76ers 04/24 8PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

{X-Factors}

When it comes to the Magic v. the Sixers now that we're three games in, I've come to expect a few things. Because of Philly's defensive philosophy in this series, I expect Courtney Lee to do well. I also expect Turk Hedo to suck, thanks to Iggy, his ankle, and his stunningly bad decision-making. The one that there's still hope for is Rashard Lewis. He hasn't made shots in Games 1 or 2, however Rashard started doing everything but make shots from long range in Game 2. Interior defense, rebounding on both ends, offensive putbacks, penetrating and kicking out for big assists (usually to Lee). If he does the same things and also makes 3-4 threes in Game 3, we'll be calling it a "great performance."

A close second though, is Rafer Alston. You'd have to think if Tony Dileo has a smidge of a brain in his head he would at least start playing C-Lee honest and only sag off the point guards. Rafer needs to make the timely shots he made in the second half of the regular season, as well as contain better defensively. So that way he can stay on the floor, because his pushing-of-the-ball and passing is terribly needed. The ball movement has been stagnant as hell in the first two games, it needs to improve. That'll be hard to accomplish without Skip involved.

The Sixers X-Factor, clearly, is Lou Williams. In Philly's victory in Game 1, Williams had 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting, he made all three of his three point shots, and had 1 turnover. In Philly's loss in Game 2, Williams only had 4 points on 2 of 10 shooting, missed both his three point shots, and had 3 turnovers. Clearly, Lou swings the difference. Philly playing both Lou Williams and Andre Miller in the backcourt at the same time can present O-town with problems... but not if Lou isn't effective out there.

Coming into the series, I had bad feelings about Games 1 & 3. I felt like the Magic would be rusty in Game 1, and they were rusty AND flat, to boot. Much like against Toronto last playoffs, I think Philly will try to buzzsaw us in their first playoff home game, and even though the series is tied they'll feel like their backs are against the wall. I believe one way or another, this is Philly's last chance to win a game in this series.

Magic win Games 2, 4, 5, and 6. Philly wins Games 1 and... 3.

Orlando 95

Philadelphia 99

dawson_crying.gif

crybaby_.gif

quote:

{X-Factors}

**** good X-factors, Sky. I agree with all of them.

I'm definitely seeing Rashard Lewis doing everything but get the ball to fall from outside. That's not such a bad problem to have really, IMO.

I liked his overall performance/effort in Game 2, particularly defensively- - whenever I focused on him, at least. I agree, as soon as those shots are falling, Rashard instantly becomes a hero without having to change anything else. His skills without the basketball are truly underrated. Sometimes he can be fairly erratic with his ball-handling, but it's still nice to see him get aggressive EARLY. Because when he gets it going, usually those mental mistakes go away.

On your second point about Alston, I have to agree. Dileo is probably just thinking that the veterans will knock 'em down. And really, they have been (Alston, Johnson) to a degree.. so he's stayed with the belief that it's better to gamble with a rookie. It'll be interesting to see his strategy tonight. I've been surprised with Alston's effectiveness from the outside and disappointed with his D, I didn't expect that.

---

I think we get it going tonight. Philly comes out strong, but we counter early and often. Our jumpshots will be falling, and Philly will simply run out of answers.

ORL 109

PHI 99

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

{X-Factors}

When it comes to the Magic v. the Sixers now that we're three games in, I've come to expect a few things. Because of Philly's defensive philosophy in this series, I expect Courtney Lee to do well. I also expect Turk Hedo to suck, thanks to Iggy, his ankle, and his stunningly bad decision-making. The one that there's still hope for is Rashard Lewis. He hasn't made shots in Games 1 or 2, however Rashard started doing everything but make shots from long range in Game 2. Interior defense, rebounding on both ends, offensive putbacks, penetrating and kicking out for big assists (usually to Lee). If he does the same things and also makes 3-4 threes in Game 3, we'll be calling it a "great performance."

A close second though, is Rafer Alston. You'd have to think if Tony Dileo has a smidge of a brain in his head he would at least start playing C-Lee honest and only sag off the point guards. Rafer needs to make the timely shots he made in the second half of the regular season, as well as contain better defensively. So that way he can stay on the floor, because his pushing-of-the-ball and passing is terribly needed. The ball movement has been stagnant as hell in the first two games, it needs to improve. That'll be hard to accomplish without Skip involved.

The Sixers X-Factor, clearly, is Lou Williams. In Philly's victory in Game 1, Williams had 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting, he made all three of his three point shots, and had 1 turnover. In Philly's loss in Game 2, Williams only had 4 points on 2 of 10 shooting, missed both his three point shots, and had 3 turnovers. Clearly, Lou swings the difference. Philly playing both Lou Williams and Andre Miller in the backcourt at the same time can present O-town with problems... but not if Lou isn't effective out there.

Coming into the series, I had bad feelings about Games 1 & 3. I felt like the Magic would be rusty in Game 1, and they were rusty AND flat, to boot. Much like against Toronto last playoffs, I think Philly will try to buzzsaw us in their first playoff home game, and even though the series is tied they'll feel like their backs are against the wall. I believe one way or another, this is Philly's last chance to win a game in this series.

Magic win Games 2, 4, 5, and 6. Philly wins Games 1 and... 3.

Orlando 95

Philadelphia 99

dawson_crying.gif

crybaby_.gif

ANTMSharauncryC11fourfour.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Animorphfan:

We win 107-85. Courtney Lee gets 29.

Btw, coming up next on sportscenter, how would lebron do in the nfl draft?

I saw that too. I laughed to keep from crying.

"Coming up on Sportscenter: How would Lebron do on Iron Chef?"

we will loss on matches

igauodala vs.Hedo

miller vs skip

But we have to win

Dalembert vs D12

Young vs lewis

Green/lue vs Lee matches.

Lewis is sucking right now and we are strugling.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

What the Philadelphia Inquirer columnist has to say about the 76ers...they have no confidence in them.

http://www.philly.com/philly/s...at.html?nlid=2338672

Well, he's no confidence in us either...

quote:
So the Sixers will win the thing, right, getting just their second playoff series victory since the 2001 Finals?

No, probably not, but it will be fun to watch them make the Magic sweat before Orlando then collides with a quick and painful second-round dismissal.

quote:
For his part, Howard seemed willing to give up the ball when hassled - befitting a 60 percent free-throw shooter - and then it was a matter of finding someone willing to take a difficult shot. On a team on which everyone else treated the ball like a hand grenade, Lee was that person.

Interesting article anyway.

We win, not by a landslide, but comfortable.

Magic - 95

Sixers - 87

<-----Me hoping THIS will be Hedo's rebound game, I can't stand seeing him struggle any longer...