Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Game 3 Playoffs: Magic @ 76ers 04/24 8PM

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I'm simply waiting for the law of averages to settle in. Basically, we hit our outside shots, they miss theirs.

It's bound to arrive sooner or later.

that's my thinking...but at the same time, I have this little panicky Orlando fan inside of me saying "this is how the Magic have always been, we're gonna lose unless we do something"...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:

I say we try and switch it up a little bit tonight and run Hedo or Shard off the bench, start with maybe Alston/Lee/Shard/Battie/Howard and bring Hedo in to try and get some production off the bench. Philly has played Shard and Hedo so well, this might disrupt their focus, and now that they will be targeting Lee, the other guys should find themselves with a little more breathing room than they have had...maybe not much, but enough...

I think bringing Hedo off the bench would be a brilliant idea...

I think starting Battie would be an awful idea. If fact, I think playing Battie is an awful idea.

it's just one heck of a conundrum, Hedo off the bench, start....MP/Battie/Gortat...

the only other idea I worked on was let MP guard Thad, but then the idea of Lewis sticking AI2 bothered me, and MP on AI2 has also been a frustration fest...what to do...

I'm at a complete loss as to where this perception comes from.

Pietrus has played just over 30 mins in this series, Iguadala has been on the floor that entire time, & he's been matched up with Iggy almost almost exclusively...

In which Iggy has gone 2-9, 7 pts., 2 Assists, & 4 TO's.

On top of that, I'm almost certain 5 of those points occured in a time span when Pietrus was at SG & Hedo was matched up with him.

In addition, Pietrus has the best +/- stat of any Magic player along with Gortat I believe. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought him shutting Iguadala down while he was in the game probably had something to do with that???

Orlando will be fine defensively. This Philly team is not a good offensive team and if you keep them in front of you we will be fine. The problem is the offense. I thought this was just a cold steak for some players but I'm starting to wonder. Shard has been aweful since the all-star break and am starting to wonder if he is in more pain than he's saying. Rafer just does not shoot well, Hedo is not shooting well this whole year, Mp has been horrible I think offensively and defensively. He looks lost in this offense and I don't think SVG or his teamates have much confidence in his game. The only one who is shooting well is Lee and even AJ. Not just these two games but this has been going on for a while.

{X-Factors}

When it comes to the Magic v. the Sixers now that we're three games in, I've come to expect a few things. Because of Philly's defensive philosophy in this series, I expect Courtney Lee to do well. I also expect Turk Hedo to suck, thanks to Iggy, his ankle, and his stunningly bad decision-making. The one that there's still hope for is Rashard Lewis. He hasn't made shots in Games 1 or 2, however Rashard started doing everything but make shots from long range in Game 2. Interior defense, rebounding on both ends, offensive putbacks, penetrating and kicking out for big assists (usually to Lee). If he does the same things and also makes 3-4 threes in Game 3, we'll be calling it a "great performance."

A close second though, is Rafer Alston. You'd have to think if Tony Dileo has a smidge of a brain in his head he would at least start playing C-Lee honest and only sag off the point guards. Rafer needs to make the timely shots he made in the second half of the regular season, as well as contain better defensively. So that way he can stay on the floor, because his pushing-of-the-ball and passing is terribly needed. The ball movement has been stagnant as hell in the first two games, it needs to improve. That'll be hard to accomplish without Skip involved.

The Sixers X-Factor, clearly, is Lou Williams. In Philly's victory in Game 1, Williams had 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting, he made all three of his three point shots, and had 1 turnover. In Philly's loss in Game 2, Williams only had 4 points on 2 of 10 shooting, missed both his three point shots, and had 3 turnovers. Clearly, Lou swings the difference. Philly playing both Lou Williams and Andre Miller in the backcourt at the same time can present O-town with problems... but not if Lou isn't effective out there.

Coming into the series, I had bad feelings about Games 1 & 3. I felt like the Magic would be rusty in Game 1, and they were rusty AND flat, to boot. Much like against Toronto last playoffs, I think Philly will try to buzzsaw us in their first playoff home game, and even though the series is tied they'll feel like their backs are against the wall. I believe one way or another, this is Philly's last chance to win a game in this series.

Magic win Games 2, 4, 5, and 6. Philly wins Games 1 and... 3.

Orlando 95

Philadelphia 99

Dwight won't be in foul trouble two games in row, and contrary to the stupid beliefs of "6ersrule!", the Magic are going to embarrass Philly on their home court twice. Expect a monster game from the Man Child.

We've had enough time to just fool around, but now it's time to unleash that inner beast. Sorry Philly that you have to be the victims.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

Dwight won't be in foul trouble two games in row, and contrary to the stupid beliefs of "6ersrule!", the Magic are going to embarrass Philly on their home court twice. Expect a monster game from the Man Child.

We've had enough time to just fool around, but now it's time to unleash that inner beast. Sorry Philly that you have to be the victims.

I'm not.

Best road team in basketball (not statistically, but I think they are the best. They WOULD have been, if it wasn't for that disappearance/injuries at the end of the season) will step up their game and do what they've done so well for the past two seasons...win on the road.

Magic win Game Three convincingly, AND Game Four in a nail biter...

pg2_a_lebron2_195.jpg

(I had to comply with the new sport internet rules...one LeBron reference per post)

...before winning Game Five at home.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I got a bad feeling about this game.

If by bad feeling you mean, a bad feeling that we will embarass Philly so bad they will ask to cancel this series and we wont get to see the Magic kick some philly behind in two more games, I to have a bad feeling.

I am hyped about this game. Time for Orlando to show some of that road warrior attitude we have showed all year long.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I say we try and switch it up a little bit tonight and run Hedo or Shard off the bench, start with maybe Alston/Lee/Shard/Battie/Howard and bring Hedo in to try and get some production off the bench. Philly has played Shard and Hedo so well, this might disrupt their focus, and now that they will be targeting Lee, the other guys should find themselves with a little more breathing room than they have had...maybe not much, but enough...

I think bringing Hedo off the bench would be a brilliant idea...

I think starting Battie would be an awful idea. If fact, I think playing Battie is an awful idea.

it's just one heck of a conundrum, Hedo off the bench, start....MP/Battie/Gortat...

the only other idea I worked on was let MP guard Thad, but then the idea of Lewis sticking AI2 bothered me, and MP on AI2 has also been a frustration fest...what to do...

I'm at a complete loss as to where this perception comes from.

Pietrus has played just over 30 mins in this series, Iguadala has been on the floor that entire time, & he's been matched up with Iggy almost almost exclusively...

In which Iggy has gone 2-9, 7 pts., 2 Assists, & 4 TO's.

On top of that, I'm almost certain 5 of those points occured in a time span when Pietrus was at SG & Hedo was matched up with him.

In addition, Pietrus has the best +/- stat of any Magic player along with Gortat I believe. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought him shutting Iguadala down while he was in the game probably had something to do with that???

I have been at a loss as to why Stan continues to allow Hedo to guard Iggy late into games. I mean if he was giving us 20 plus on the offensive end alright, but he isnt doing crap out there, Stan needs to take him out of the game and keep Pietrus in for defense at the end of games. Especially toward the end of the 3rd and most of the 4th, Iggy has been the catalyst for all of there runs and that is because Hedo is willing to let him blow by him in the hopes that Dwight will be there to stop him.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

{X-Factors}

When it comes to the Magic v. the Sixers now that we're three games in, I've come to expect a few things. Because of Philly's defensive philosophy in this series, I expect Courtney Lee to do well. I also expect Turk Hedo to suck, thanks to Iggy, his ankle, and his stunningly bad decision-making. The one that there's still hope for is Rashard Lewis. He hasn't made shots in Games 1 or 2, however Rashard started doing everything but make shots from long range in Game 2. Interior defense, rebounding on both ends, offensive putbacks, penetrating and kicking out for big assists (usually to Lee). If he does the same things and also makes 3-4 threes in Game 3, we'll be calling it a "great performance."

A close second though, is Rafer Alston. You'd have to think if Tony Dileo has a smidge of a brain in his head he would at least start playing C-Lee honest and only sag off the point guards. Rafer needs to make the timely shots he made in the second half of the regular season, as well as contain better defensively. So that way he can stay on the floor, because his pushing-of-the-ball and passing is terribly needed. The ball movement has been stagnant as hell in the first two games, it needs to improve. That'll be hard to accomplish without Skip involved.

The Sixers X-Factor, clearly, is Lou Williams. In Philly's victory in Game 1, Williams had 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting, he made all three of his three point shots, and had 1 turnover. In Philly's loss in Game 2, Williams only had 4 points on 2 of 10 shooting, missed both his three point shots, and had 3 turnovers. Clearly, Lou swings the difference. Philly playing both Lou Williams and Andre Miller in the backcourt at the same time can present O-town with problems... but not if Lou isn't effective out there.

Coming into the series, I had bad feelings about Games 1 & 3. I felt like the Magic would be rusty in Game 1, and they were rusty AND flat, to boot. Much like against Toronto last playoffs, I think Philly will try to buzzsaw us in their first playoff home game, and even though the series is tied they'll feel like their backs are against the wall. I believe one way or another, this is Philly's last chance to win a game in this series.

Magic win Games 2, 4, 5, and 6. Philly wins Games 1 and... 3.

Orlando 95

Philadelphia 99

dawson_crying.gif