Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

2009 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Anyone know if it's ever happened before that 3 out 4 teams lost on their home court the first day of the playoffs? Just shows you how crazy close the West is and how much the Celtics need KG.

Really embarassing LeBron tounge bath by Chris Broussard in the Daily Dime. Seriously...it's almost romantic, including this gem.

quote:
Let's do ourselves a favor and enjoy this.

What we are watching is historic. He is not just a perennial All-Star, not merely the greatest player of his era, not even the next Kobe.

LeBron James is better than all that.

Yeah, I read that. I almost felt dirty afterwards. I felt the drool running down my ears, back and if I was LeBron, I would have felt it in my buttcrack.

Really disturbing.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

Spurs look dead.

Pop's stubborn.........Period

His strategies are busted and he's too proud to correct them.

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

I think his team's age and health is the main problem.

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

I think his team's age and health is the main problem.

Health is a concern, but they can compete better than what they are even w/o Manu. They've managed practically the entire year. Age is also a consideration, but I think it's a little overrated. They do a good job of managing minutes and always have in preparation for the post-season. Timmy/Tony aren't that old, Finley's always been good at taking care of his body and Bowen's played as little as possible this season.

The refusal to bench Bonner for Thomas/Gooden or even Oberto is on Pop. Bonner's been ineffective for a while now. Also, he all but let George Hill know he would not be playing in the playoffs. Even though he trusted him when Tony was injured and for 77 games this season. Looking back at the last game, no backup PG minutes were given. Not even to the vet Vaughn. Instead, he converted Mason which hasn't worked all year and takes him away from what he does best which is spot-up shooting.

So how many upsets do y'all think will happen to day.

The only game I see going as to seeds is Orlando over Philly the rest are open to defeat. That kind of post season.

The C's are having a hard time with the Bulls. Are they even going to make it out of the first round?