Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Playoffs Thread:Game 1 76ers @ Magic 04/19 5:30PM

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

I don't get a lot of Magic games because I live in Texas, but every game I ever seen Turk play it always looks like he's trying to give the game away!

No, He just NEVER plays D, everyone always *****es about his D like this is a new problem. He can score, set up plays,so forth, he doesn't play good D. Plain and simple, if we need someone who does play good D, lets get that individual.

Ya well he didn't score or do anything today and he is playing for a contract?

GO MAGIC!!!

I"m disgusted with this loss. This looks like something the Magic would do in the regular season. These players don't need a wake up call. They should have had that last season against Detroit.

Playing intense basketball for as long as possible is the most important thing they should have been doing that game. They've been through this over and over again and yet they still haven't learned so this loss is well deserved.

They better bring it next game.

quote:
Originally posted by ClubMed:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by magicintheuk:

It's one game, we learn, re group and do it in 5, no biggy

I'm with ya mate, I think they just slept on Philly, I have faith and sure as hell BELIEVE, we'll bounce back...rest assured magic nation...

I wish I was as enthusiastic as you Walddo, but it s starting to look very tough.

Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

I'm not enthusiastic, I'm realistic. So philly snuck one by us with our pants down, OH well. They still have to win 3 more, and they BARELY won this one. I'm not saying "All is well, don't worry we're gonna be celebrating a championship after that performance!". I'm saying Philly WILL not win this series. We may lose to Boston(Round 2), but not Philly.

quote:
Originally posted by love#12:

Turk is a joke!

go magic!!!

Oh so it's Turk's fault that he's being used wrong? If if's true he's still not 100% why not rest him more?

Philly kept it close because their coach knows its obvious the Magic can't seal the paint. For all Van Gundy screams about defense he can't teach it. How do you not learn to block the paint having a player like Howard and two 6'10" fowards, Gortat in there too, etc.

This overall game plan by Van Gundy sucks. Webber hates us blah blah blah, nonsense. The TNT announcers were all great players (we're not talking about commentators like John Barry and Tim Legler -who was a sucky player).

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

A big LOL at blaming one single player for this loss, and of course that player is no other than Hedo Turkoglu. Don't you guys watch the game? Philly's main plan was to let everyone BUT Hedo beat them. Obviously no one knows real basketball except for a few of the people on the board, or else no one would make such dumb posts. Everytime Hedo came off the pick and roll he was doubled extremely hard and did what he was supposed to do which is pass the ball and he didn't force the action or take dumb shots. He did what the board wanted him to do all season, and he gets blamed for that too lol.

I agree 100% but I think his injury plays a big part in him not forcing his game

What a collapse! Our defense looked putrid out there after Dwight went out, and even when he came back in we still got beat on basic plays. We've got to play better - we cannot lose game 2.

Was anyone else wondering why Rafer didn't check back in with Dwight in the beginning of the 4th? This was in the middle of the Magic's monumental collapse, and Dwight was long overdue in - but Stan left AJ in there with Dwight for a minute or two before Rafer was put back in, and during that time AJ was beaten off the dribble countless times...

quote:
Originally posted by love#12:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MrWise:

I don't get a lot of Magic games because I live in Texas, but every game I ever seen Turk play it always looks like he's trying to give the game away!

No, He just NEVER plays D, everyone always *****es about his D like this is a new problem. He can score, set up plays,so forth, he doesn't play good D. Plain and simple, if we need someone who does play good D, lets get that individual.

Ya well he didn't score or do anything today and he is playing for a contract?

GO MAGIC!!!

I have not a clue, and I've been out of the loop on his injury, but the 2nd half that I saw, it was just another complacent performance by Turk until about the last 4 minutes, and as we know Ladies and Gentlemen, it was simply not enough.

that has to be THE WORST performance ive ever seen by the magic.....no really i im in shock....im sure we will take series, but.....i definetly think we should neverevereverever play our bench again...all of them were a complete joke!

i'm not one of the orlando magic fans that freak the **** out about and say we are doomed but after watching over 75 games this year including this painful loss in which they BLEW IT... i can't envision them winning the series... you dont just give up an 18 point lead at home in the playoffs and lose the first game and than get your **** together and win the series... i hope they do but im not feeling it