Sign in to follow this  
Nessloch

1st Round Opponent - 2 possibilities - 1 day

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

it's times like this when my frustrations with Dwight take over...I love the guy to death, and I feel so blessed that he's on my team and hes the face of this franchise...but it burns me to no end how even with 5 seasons under his belt he's still such a child sometimes...his complaining has gotten somewhat better from last season, but his mentality, and maturity levels have not reached the competitive area where I think they should already be at with 5 years in the league...

SVG shouldn't have to call out "the guy"...

I know I probably shouldn't feel this way, because it might be a bit of an over reaction...but I do...I just wish he would hurry up and take that leap already...

i used to hate this myself at first, but howard seems like a moody player, if he's happy and joking around you see a better effort from him. and apparently if you get turk to argue with a ref then he'll turn into the turkish jordan.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

it's times like this when my frustrations with Dwight take over...I love the guy to death, and I feel so blessed that he's on my team and hes the face of this franchise...but it burns me to no end how even with 5 seasons under his belt he's still such a child sometimes...his complaining has gotten somewhat better from last season, but his mentality, and maturity levels have not reached the competitive area where I think they should already be at with 5 years in the league...

SVG shouldn't have to call out "the guy"...

I know I probably shouldn't feel this way, because it might be a bit of an over reaction...but I do...I just wish he would hurry up and take that leap already...

i used to hate this myself at first, but howard seems like a moody player, if he's happy and joking around you see a better effort from him. and apparently if you get turk to argue with a ref then he'll turn into the turkish jordan.

8feeecce469ecfca42214c17b07a5d37-getty-83010114jg008_magic_nets.jpg

like here, when we were being stomped on by the Nets...

personally, the joking and everything is not what I am referring to, I dont really care about that at all, although, the laughing when we're losing is always kind of irking to me, I'm talking about on the court, his game...The player in him has not matured very much yet...

Think about this guys...

IF we face off against Detroit in Round One, wouldn't it be HUGE for our Boys in Blue to defeat them? Imagine what it would do to their confidence! The monkey would be off their back, and anything would be possible!

If we play Detroit, I think our odds of winning are really quite high...probably 75-80%. I think we would win in no more than 6 games. Seriously.

That would be such a morale boost for this team, who is kinda unsure about themselves right now.

Call me crazy, but I say, BRING ON DETROIT. (if we can't beat them, the we have no right to play the C's or Cavs anyway. It's that simple).

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Think about this guys...

IF we face off against Detroit in Round One, wouldn't it be HUGE for our Boys in Blue to defeat them? Imagine what it would do to their confidence! The monkey would be off their back, and anything would be possible!

If we play Detroit, I think our odds of winning are really quite high...probably 75-80%. I think we would win in no more than 6 games. Seriously.

That would be such a morale boost for this team, who is kinda unsure about themselves right now.

Call me crazy, but I say, BRING ON DETROIT. (if we can't beat them, the we have no right to play the C's or Cavs anyway. It's that simple).

It WOULD be fantastic to beat the Pistons in the playoffs, and our confidence would soar, though it is highly unlikely that we do so.

The NBA is a matchup game, one team doesn't necessarily have to be better than the other to win. Every game would likely come down to the wire, and it'd end in a similar fashion to how we always lose to the Pistons, rebounding opportunities in the critical minutes.

Our largest advantage, Dwight, would have a sub-par series, somewhere along the lines of 17/14. We rely even more on the outside jumper since our typical mismatches with Turk/Rashard would be lessened because of Prince's versatility.

I really really really really really really would prefer Chicago or Philly. I mean, really.

quote:

Ryan in Tampa, Fla.:

Miami won and is now locked into the 5th seed. Which means the Magic will face either the Bulls, 76'ers or the Pistons. Who do you hope we get? Who do you think we'll get? I think it'll be the Pistons. I'm glad. Gotta get over the hump!

Bill Ingram:

While there is something to be said for slaying old demons, I'd rather see Philly. That's a team that's ripe for the taking. Then again, the Magic might not get "up" for the Sixers . . .and wind up losing. Maybe Detroit is the best one after all, as the Magic wouldn't underestimate them!

I agree with you, YFP...I've changed my opinion...I want the Pistons too...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Ryan in Tampa, Fla.:

Miami won and is now locked into the 5th seed. Which means the Magic will face either the Bulls, 76'ers or the Pistons. Who do you hope we get? Who do you think we'll get? I think it'll be the Pistons. I'm glad. Gotta get over the hump!

Bill Ingram:

While there is something to be said for slaying old demons, I'd rather see Philly. That's a team that's ripe for the taking. Then again, the Magic might not get "up" for the Sixers . . .and wind up losing. Maybe Detroit is the best one after all, as the Magic wouldn't underestimate them!

I agree with you, YFP...I've changed my opinion...I want the Pistons too...

Im with ya, bring on the Pistons.

Not only do I want the Magic to play the Pistons but I want them to play the 1989-1990 Pistons and shatter their ability to beat tough teams once and for all.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Not only do I want the Magic to play the Pistons but I want them to play the 1989-1990 Pistons and shatter their ability to beat tough teams once and for all.

Yeah Drain-O!!!...My only hope is that the Magic players share your bravado(and mine).

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Think about this guys...

+1