Sign in to follow this  
Nessloch

1st Round Opponent - 2 possibilities - 1 day

quote:
Originally posted by XaviInThe407:

For some reason, I think we are just going to go against The Pistons the first round..I think it's fate.

It certainly would feel like fate.

Besides, if the Pistons do indeed climb to 6th, we deserve that fate.

Perhaps the Basketball Gods are saying to the Magic, "STOP! Thou shall not go further until thou hath proven thyself!"

I'm hoping we get Philly in the first round. It would be the only playoff series I would be able to travel to since I live in Rochester, NY.

I went to the Magic/Raptors series last year in the first round too!

I'm going to L M A O if we draw the Pistons in the first round. That's what they get for taking the last week and a half of the season off. And then, after we get bounced by the Pistons in the first round, my laughter will quickly turn to sadness leaving me in a state of depression where I'll eat an entire package of individually wrapped packages of cheese and watch the Golden Girls marathon on Lifetime to escape the reality of what just happened.

Philly gets Boston at Philly after Boston got killed by Cleveland. I can't see Philly winning that one.

Then, they go to Cleveland where Cleveland is trying to tie the record for wins at home. Don't tell me that they're going to lay down for that game.

Chicago and Detroit play tonight in Detroit. Chicago is pathetic on the road. Detroit then plays Miami in Miami. Chicago plays Toronto at home.

So our best hope is for Chicago to win at Detroit and then beat Toronto.

This isn't looking good.

Anybody want a "Brain Teaser" this early in the morning???...My blood isn't flowing sufficiently to my brain yet, ha-ha...and I'm to lazy to try and figure it out.

Question...

If the Bulls, Pistons and Sixers all finish the season with identical records, all with 41-41...who would be the 6th seed?...who would be the 7th seed?...Who would be the 8th seed?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Question...

If the Bulls, Pistons and Sixers all finish the season with identical records, all with 41-41...who would be the 6th seed?...who would be the 7th seed?...Who would be the 8th seed?

In order for that to happen:

Detroit will have to win out, beating Chicago tonight, and Miami on Wednesday.

Chicago will have to lose tonight to Detroit, and defeat Toronto on Wednesday.

Philadelphia would have to go 1-1 against the Celtics and Cavs (likely possibility).

So with all of the above happening, according to my calculations posted on page 4...

#6 Sixers (own head to head tiebreaker over Pistons 2-1). Would ALSO own the tiebreaker with Chicago (head to head is knotted at 2-2, but conference record would be 25-27 compared to Chicago's 24-28)

#7 Pistons (if the above scenarios play out, they will have beaten Chicago and tied the H2H at 2-2. Then goes to conference, which Detroit would have blasted the Bulls, going 28-24, compared to Chicago's 24-28)

#8 Bulls

There ya go Junkie. Like I said before, let's just root for Philly. They win out, and they're our opponent. It's that simple!

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Question...

In order for that to happen:

Detroit will have to win out, beating Chicago tonight, and Miami on Wednesday.

Chicago will have to lose tonight to Detroit, and defeat Toronto on Wednesday.

Philadelphia would have to go 1-1 against the Celtics and Cavs (likely possibility).

So with all of the above happening, according to my calculations posted on page 4...

#6 Sixers (own head to head tiebreaker over Pistons 2-1). Would ALSO own the tiebreaker with Chicago (head to head is knotted at 2-2, but conference record would be 25-27 compared to Chicago's 24-28)

#7 Pistons (if the above scenarios play out, they will have beaten Chicago and tied the H2H at 2-2. Then goes to conference, which Detroit would have blasted the Bulls, going 28-24, compared to Chicago's 24-28)

#8 Bulls

There ya go Junkie. Like I said before, let's just root for Philly. They win out, and they're our opponent. It's that simple!

Thanks Pat! Good stuff...you were the perfect guy to respond since you did all that extra studying of the situation last night.

Appreciate it, man...

serves us right to play the Pistons in the first round...look at some of the games we've dropped, not only this last 2 weeks, but over the course of the season...we dont quite have what it takes just yet, regardless of what Hollinger's math says...

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

serves us right to play the Pistons in the first round...look at some of the games we've dropped, not only this last 2 weeks, but over the course of the season...we dont quite have what it takes just yet, regardless of what Hollinger's math says...

I sort of feel the same way I think - heck, my mind keeps going back and forth between who I want to play in round 1 - but the bottom line is: we may still wind up with 60 wins. That's a great accomplishment no matter how we do it. I still have hope we'll do it, shorthanded or not. And if we do, I don't think I'll complain too much - regardless of who we draw.

My bitterness with our play the last week or so will subside if we simply pick it up and play the way we're capable of playing. Even without Hedo and Rashard we can still win these last two games and get our heads straight for the playoffs.

My order of preference for round 1 is officially scatter-brained and pointless. At this point I don't care. Or maybe it's that I don't want to care. At any rate, whoever it may be - let's wipe 'em out..

it's times like this when my frustrations with Dwight take over...I love the guy to death, and I feel so blessed that he's on my team and hes the face of this franchise...but it burns me to no end how even with 5 seasons under his belt he's still such a child sometimes...his complaining has gotten somewhat better from last season, but his mentality, and maturity levels have not reached the competitive area where I think they should already be at with 5 years in the league...

SVG shouldn't have to call out "the guy"...

I know I probably shouldn't feel this way, because it might be a bit of an over reaction...but I do...I just wish he would hurry up and take that leap already...