Nessloch

1st Round Opponent - 2 possibilities - 1 day

1. chicago

2. philly

3. miami

4. super AIDS

5. Detroit

chicago- probably a sweep

philly- probably a sweep, but philly may sink a few jumpers and take a game. btw, if you've watched miller this year, you would see a big dropoff from what he did last year. He's old.

miami- we're the better team, if all things are even, this will be a sweep. Stern and his army of morons will try everything possible to get wade to the next round. I still think we win, but it will be tougher than it should be.

super AIDS- they have made a lot of progress in treatments and helping people live with AIDS, but i'm confident we have a better chance of curing AIDS in a 7 game series than beating detroit

detroit- they will dominate us, beat us, bully us and make us look foolish. They will draw blood at least 2-3 times a quarter w/ out getting a foul called. I think we lose the series 4-2.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

1. chicago

2. philly

3. miami

4. super AIDS

5. Detroit

chicago- probably a sweep

philly- probably a sweep, but philly may sink a few jumpers and take a game. btw, if you've watched miller this year, you would see a big dropoff from what he did last year. He's old.

miami- we're the better team, if all things are even, this will be a sweep. Stern and his army of morons will try everything possible to get wade to the next round. I still think we win, but it will be tougher than it should be.

super AIDS- they have made a lot of progress in treatments and helping people live with AIDS, but i'm confident we have a better chance of curing AIDS in a 7 game series than beating detroit

detroit- they will dominate us, beat us, bully us and make us look foolish. They will draw blood at least 2-3 times a quarter w/ out getting a foul called. I think we lose the series 4-2.

i hear magic johnson is down to 1 aid.

quote:

btw, if you've watched miller this year, you would see a big dropoff from what he did last year. He's old.

I'd like to believe that, but looking at his statistics, he looks at least as strong as last season. His numbers are nearly identical. Where is the drop-off, in your opinion?

I have a nagging suspicion that Wade will turn it up in the playoffs and we all know how the Detroit has such a huge psychological hold on our team.

Sixers or Chicago. We could probably play our cheerleaders and still win those games.

quote:
Originally posted by Nessloch:

quote:

btw, if you've watched miller this year, you would see a big dropoff from what he did last year. He's old.

I'd like to believe that, but looking at his statistics, he looks at least as strong as last season. His numbers are nearly identical. Where is the drop-off, in your opinion?

3 double doubles in his last 5 games would also prove that miller isnt declining right now.

if we play detroit and pull it off, kickin the monkey off our back would send us on a HUGE wave towards the ECFs. BUT...

thats a slippery slope...

so the VERY CLEAR next best senario would be Chicago, who we would crush(weve destroyed chicago, i cant c how theres much debate). we win 4-1 at most (even more likely sweep), get some good prep/rest before Celtics Rd 2.

quote:

Miami Heat 41-37 (26-22 conference) (2-2 vs. PHI) (3-1 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/10 @ Boston

4/12 New York

4/14 @ Atlanta

4/15 Detroit

Philadelphia 76ers 40-37 (24-23 conference) (2-2 vs. MIA) (2-1 vs. CHI) (2-1 vs. DET)

4/9 @ Chicago

4/10 Cleveland

4/12 @ Toronto

4/14 Boston

4/15 @ Cleveland

Chicago Bulls 38-40 (21-27 conference) (2-1 vs. DET) (1-2 vs. PHI) (1-3 vs. MIA)

4/9 Philadelphia

4/11 Charlotte

4/13 @ Detroit

4/15 Toronto

Detroit Pistons 38-40 (25-23 conference) (1-2 vs. CHI) (1-2 vs. PHI) (1-2 vs. MIA)

4/8 @ New York (W)

4/10 New Jersey

4/11 @ Indiana

4/13 Chicago

4/15 @ Miami

Tonight's game:

Philadelphia @ Chicago

If you're afraid of Detroit and Miami, it's pretty easy to know who to root for in this one.

Good news if the Bulls win: keeps DET at 8, strengthens MIA at 5.

Good news if 76ers win: all but guarantees that DET cannot climb to the 6th seed (DET would have to win last 4, PHI would have to lose last 4).

Philly is the best match up for us. They are the worst three pt shooting team in the league.

They have to get into the paint to be successful but we have the likely defensive MVP patroling the paint to block and alter shots. Teams that have shooters at most positions are the ones that give us problems.

Detroit and Chicago (post trade) are teams that can do that to us.

My order of preference-

1)Philly

2)Miami

3)Chicago

4)Detroit

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Philly is the best match up for us. They are the worst three pt shooting team in the league.

They have to get into the paint to be successful but we have the likely defensive MVP patroling the paint to block and alter shots. Teams that have shooters at most positions are the ones that give us problems.

Detroit and Chicago (post trade) are teams that can do that to us.

My order of preference-

1)Philly

2)Miami

3)Chicago

4)Detroit

Interesting that you'd rather play Miami than Chicago. But I think I understand your reasoning. I disagree based on Dwayne Wade alone. I just don't want to see him in the 1st round. He's capable of winning games on his own, just from the FT line.

A couple days ago I would have rather played Chicago than Philly, but I'm starting to second guess that now. Philly's weaknesses play to our strengths and even their strengths play to our strengths (if I'm making sense here).

Right now, I would say:

1. Philly

2. Chicago

3. Miami/Detroit

4. Detroit/Miami

I think I would be equally scared of Detroit and Miami. Part of me would rather play Detroit because there would be no lack of focus. Win or lose, we'd be ready.

1. Philly

2. Chicago

3. Miami

4. Detroit

Philly - We're like their Detroit in terms of match-ups. Most likely Sweep.

Chicago - I missed that game where they shot 50-60% against us, so it doesn't count. I'm used to them shooting low 40s against us, so that's how I'll measure the series, which means Sweep.

Miami - To anyone who fears Wade will turn it on in the playoffs, how much better can he REALLY play against us? I mean honestly? I'm pretty sure we've seen it all from him and his 40 ppg average against the Magic.

Detroit - No

quote:
Originally posted by Magicalfan4ever:

Is Thadus Young out for the playoffs? If so wouldn't Philly be the best opponent because who would guard Howard?

No, he was injured about 9 days ago and given a 2-3 week recovery time. EDIT: I just did a little news search on him and it said he's doing light jogging, shooting.

He'll almost surely be back for the playoffs, it's all but guaranteed. He may not be 100%, however. Especially if he doesn't play any regular season games the rest of the way.