Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

FANS Game Thread: Orlando Magic at Houston Rockets 4/7/09, 8:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

wow...GREAT d by redick there. NO seriously...that was just amazing lol. He should be calling wafer "daddy"

Lets see Redick wasn't the only one out their not playing tonight it was a team effort or were you watching a different game. I guess you were watching a different game and you saw someone else to hate.

That's got to be it. I wonder who that is??

von wafer owned reddick pretty badly, if someone owned peitrus or lee that badly i'd be the first to say it, don't worry we won't tell the fan club if you admit it.

I missed the game, why didn't AJ play? Is it something I can count on for the rest of the season?

I'm guessing from the box score that Battie was his normal dreadful self? Why no Gortat? Why no twin towers? Perfect game for that imo. Yao is like 1 of 3 players in the league that remind you Dwight is really only 6'9...he's never played well against him, at least that I recall.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I had something I had to do after the Magic game.. other than hang out in the chat room.. so SU/SD'll be done no later than 1 am. Local time.

Sky, you might want to skip tonight. ;-)

SU- Sweet Lew, Rafer

SD-Everyone else

Stock w*tf?- Tony Battie

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

Games like this make me want to fall into the 3rd spot. We can not play this style of game. If we fall to 3 then no way we see Detoit.

With that kind of thinking you might as well give up all the way and just forget the playoffs and everything.

A real fan would just say that was just one game not the whole season.

I'm getting really tired of you using the term "real fan" and calling people out.

yeah pec, why did you leave us tonight in the chatroom, were the jazz playing or something?

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I missed the game, why didn't AJ play? Is it something I can count on for the rest of the season?

I'm guessing from the box score that Battie was his normal dreadful self? Why no Gortat? Why no twin towers? Perfect game for that imo. Yao is like 1 of 3 players in the league that remind you Dwight is really only 6'9...he's never played well against him, at least that I recall.

aj got hurt in shoot around

but you missed the line up of

lue

turk

shard

gortat

howard

lue was playing pretty good but 2 much ball hogging for a pg everyone was just standing around and no one seemed to have much interest in the game .

quote:

aj hurt his eye in shoot arounds, stan didn't know how bad the injury was. gortat played well against yao and dwight/gortat should have been used way more in this game, especially when the came with yao, scola, artest, and we ran jj and lue in the backcourt. we missed shots as well, everyone did, and yao really did bother dwight's strengths, not really physically but he took away dwight's jumping ability vs. him becuase yao's hands are basically up there with dwight's arms when he jumps, i don't think dwight is used to that, i'm happy the rockets are in the western conference after that one.

quote:

This doesnt make sense? is this an exageration?

If you look at dwight when he was talking to patrick ewing during a timout they are almost the same height. Dwight looks way taller then Carl Landry and ron artest.

Stock Up:

Rashard Lewis. (Talk about slim pickin's. For once, the Magic lost a game and it was anything but Shard's fault.

22 points on 8 of 18 shooting, 4 of 11 from Three Land, and he made both of the free throws he shot. 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks, and a turnover. Get this. Tonight, he led the team in scoring, rebounding, tied for the most assists, had the second-most blocks, and had the second least turnovers among the starters. Great sign for Rashard, bad sign for the Magic.)

Turnovers. (Only 9 turnovers tonight for O-town. Woopty. Freggin'. Doo.)

Three Point Shooting. (Believe it or not, the Magic were better from beyond the arc than they were against the Hawks. 10 of 28 from Three Land for 35.7 percent.)

Orlando Magic Chat Room. (Specifically Kberto, ThisIsTheYear, Cunningstunt, Magicfan83, and some other guy.. oh yeah, Jareth Cutestory.. for these little tidbits, among many others. Enjoy. At least there was something about tonight (besides the UConn womens) to enjoy.

ThisIsTheYear: Jareth thought the Truman Show was a real life documentary.

Kberto: Jareth was the kid who struck out in kickball.

cunningstunt: Jareth was the kid who had a funeral for mufassa

Magicfan83: jareth was the kid who said he beat contra without the 30 lives code (inside joke)

All this and way more "magic" in the orlandomagiczone.com chat room, every game day, and every special event (venues being passed, Rafer being traded, etc).)

Stock In The Middle:

Rafer Alston. (He played okay. His perimeter defense could of been better, but a. his guy didn't really punish him for it and b. EVERYONE'S perimeter defense could of been better. At least he shot the three ball well.

15 points on 4 of 11 shooting, 3 of 6 from downtown, and 4 of 4 from the line (yay!). 6 boards, 3 assists against 3 turnovers, and a block. I don't know where the block happened, but Yahoo! says it did, so I guess it did.)

Stock Down:

Dwight Howard. (Well! This may certainly be a first. Yeah he had a a double-double. Yeah, he had 3 blocks. But his defensive intensity on the weak side wasn't that good, he couldn't hit a free throw to save his life, he didn't pass out of double-teams as well as he had been recently, and he didn't really stop Yao Ming from doing much of anything individually.

13 points on 5 of 11 shooting and 3 of 9 from the charity stripe, 10 boards, 3 blocks, a steal, an assist, and 3 turnover.)

Hedo Turkoglu. (Yeah, um.. yeah. 2 points in the 4th quarter. Moving right along..!

12 points on 4 of 10 shooting, 0 for 3 from downtown, and 4 of 6 from the foul line. 3 boards, 4 assists, and 2 turnovers. He also fouled out.)

J.J. Redick. (I'm not sure if Redick could of been worse if he tried. Now, he's come out cold before and warmed up as he's gotten more minutes. But strangely enough, the longer the game went on, the worse he played! His "defense" in the second half against Von Wafer was particularly sad.

5 points on only 2 of 7 shooting and 1 of 3 from deep. He also had 3 boards in 16 and a half minutes.)

Free Throw Shooting. (So much for "seventy-percent-ville." The Magic shot 13 of 21 for 61.9 percent from the charity stripe. Of course the Magic should of gone to the stripe about 720 more times!!! But that's okay. Serenity now. In the words of the head coach, "Whatever.")

Team Assists. (Orlando only had a measly 14 assists tonight.)

Team Rebounding. (Orlando 45. Houston 52, with 12 offensive boards.)

Courtney Lee. (I need a milk carton, because I gotta put our rookie's face on there. I thought he and his defense were sitting in a suit next to Air France and A.J.

5 points on 2 of 9 shooting and 1 of 3 from Three Land. 4 boards and 1 assist.)

Marcin Gortat. ("He sees Pistons out there!" Only 1 rebound in over 11 minutes played.)

Three Point Defense. (Houston shot 6 of 13 from downtown for 46.2 percent. Ouch at that efficiency. A bit.)

Tyronn Lue. (Do I care that Lue actually stood up off the bench to get 9 points on 4 of 7 shooting and 1 of 1 from downtown, 1 board, and 1 assist. Hell to the no. Why? Because Lue was anti-Rafer out there. No push or tempo, and no defense to speak of either. So he made a few shots. Big deal.)

Tony Battie. (Why isn't Battie much higher on this list? Because his stock doesn't have much farther down to GO, that's why. Although he still single-handedly killed a Magic run late in the third quarter, so that's why he doesn't get a mercy SITM or something. 2 points on only 1 of 5 shooting and 5 boards in 18 minutes... and don't get me started on his individual defense.

Why oh WHY can't his contract expire THIS summer instead of the next one? Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll retire or something.)

I'm tired. Leave me alone. The short version is the referees let Houston hack and hack away, and Orlando couldn't make a shot to save their lives. Ball game. At least Anthony Johnson didn't get a Stock Down. Oh wait. He didn't play. That explains that.

Your Southeast Division Champion Orlando Magic are 57-20 and need to finish at least 3-2 to get 60 wins. For the record, I predicted a 61-21 season at the end of February (56-26 preseason). Boston is now one game ahead of Orlando for second in the Loss column.

Until tomorrow night, "Walking In Memphis"....

Good night and good luck.

quote:

You'd think twin towers would be appropriate when Scola and Yao are on the floor, however Stan thought it would be nice to try it with Landry and Mutombo out there. Lasted about 3 minutes, ended as soon as Landry sped by Gortat and got an easy dunk.

The highlight of the game concerning JJ was when he found himself mismatched against Yao. Talk about size challenged! Yao had to be laughing to himself until he missed the shot. At least JJ didn't back off and stood his ground. But on the other hand, JJ did get Wafer'd the rest of the night.

Can't for the life of me figure out why SVG had them keep going inside to Dwight when he was getting mugged all night long. That was adding salt to the wound...as painful as it could possible get!

Most of us believed that this game was going to be a loss, and without anybody on the bench helping out, it was lucky that we even had a chance at all.

So now to the winnable games. Let's put this one in the rear view as fast as possible.