Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

What do other NBA Fans think of their coaches?

Maybe some of you who visit other boards can help. How much do fans of other teams want their coached fired or upgraded? Especially teams like the Sonics, Kings, Bobcats, and Pacers who all let their coaches go. Were the fans as adamant about getting rid of their coach as Magic fans are?

I said I will no longer talk bad about Brian Hill, but I must ask this question. Is their a better coach on the market right now? If the answer is yes, what is stopping the Magic from getting him? There is no salary cap for coaches, see Dan Snyder and the Washington Redskins, they are paying three head coaching salaries (not that it works for them, but you get the point).

Also if the majority of people who support your franchise are against the coach why wouldn't you replace him?

Maybe some of you who visit other boards can help. How much do fans of other teams want their coached fired or upgraded? Especially teams like the Sonics, Kings, Bobcats, and Pacers who all let their coaches go. Were the fans as adamant about getting rid of their coach as Magic fans are?

I said I will no longer talk bad about Brian Hill, but I must ask this question. Is their a better coach on the market right now? If the answer is yes, what is stopping the Magic from getting him? There is no salary cap for coaches, see Dan Snyder and the Washington Redskins, they are paying three head coaching salaries (not that it works for them, but you get the point).

Also if the majority of people who support your franchise are against the coach why wouldn't you replace him?

quote:
Originally posted by Courtskils:

How much do fans of other teams want their coached fired or upgraded? Especially teams like the Sonics, Kings, Bobcats, and Pacers who all let their coaches go. Were the fans as adamant about getting rid of their coach as Magic fans are?

I don't believe the other teams are as unanimous about dumping the coach as the Magic fans, but a huge number of fans supporting numerous teams want a new coach. The Magic situation has gotten worse, worser, BAD!

The Magic stopped caring what our opinions are even though we have most of the pluses.

Honestly, I don't think they care about the fans in the forums anymore. They care about fans who come to games and buy tickets. We've been talking about getting Brian Hill fired since December. Its getting very ugly.

A few months ago, I was just looking at a few teams message board, and I went to go check out the Spurs. They wanted Greg Popovich fired, and I was like wtf. I guess some one posioned their water supply with acid that week. I wish we had POP as a coach.

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

A few months ago, I was just looking at a few teams message board, and I went to go check out the Spurs. They wanted Greg Popovich fired, and I was like wtf. I guess some one posioned their water supply with acid that week. I wish we had POP as a coach.

On many of the sites that I have visited, I could not recall the ammount or the tenor in the post to be what it is here! In Indy or Sac town I don't think it came to this level!!

As TheDarkSide mentioned, the Spurs board wanted Popovich gone. The only reason I know this is because it was right after Dwight hit that ally at the buzzard to win, so I went over to see what everyone was thinking. It sounded virtually the same... except Pop had led the Spurs to multiple rings and hundreds of wins. In other words, people are idiots.