Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Could Dwight put up a 50/20 night?

Can you imagine a 32/38 game. It would be so much more impressive now because of pace as well.

What is Dwight's high by the way. 26 comes to mind for some reason like 28/26 or something like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Not really.

Not likely tonight, or ever? He's been pretty close already, so I'll assume you meant tonight.

I actually did mean ever. Dwight has had 30 games with at least 20 rebounds in his career out of 399 games, which means he does it about 13% of the time. He's never topped 39 pts in a regulation game, and only topped it in an overtime game once. So he'd have to obliterate what is, for Dwight, a typically "very good" scoring night at the same time he was also having a rebounding night that is in the top 13% of his games in his career.

i think it's actually 7.5% of his games, but you're correct. Possible, not probable

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not likely tonight, or ever? He's been pretty close already, so I'll assume you meant tonight.

I actually did mean ever. Dwight has had 30 games with at least 20 rebounds in his career out of 399 games, which means he does it about 13% of the time. He's never topped 39 pts in a regulation game, and only topped it in an overtime game once. So he'd have to obliterate what is, for Dwight, a typically "very good" scoring night at the same time he was also having a rebounding night that is in the top 13% of his games in his career.

i think it's actually 7.5% of his games, but you're correct. Possible, not probable

Good call. 7.5%. I was doing the division backwards. Dwight gets 20 rebounds on average once every 13.3 games.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good call. 7.5%. I was doing the division backwards. Dwight gets 20 rebounds on average once every 13.3 games.

I'm under the impression that Dwight will continue to refine his offensive skills and become a complete player with a nice repertoire of moves. With more skills he'll get additional touches and score more points.

Sure when you work the numbers the %'s are low, but those are his numbers now without projecting what his future stats will be. Of course that kind of game is never likely or expected, but it's not hard to imagine Dwight blowing up and going crazy at least once, especially considering how good we all think he'll be.

It was mentioned earlier that he's already had a 45/19 game in his career which mainly consisted of dunks and free throws. What happens when his free throw % goes up and he can consistenly beat defenders with a finesse game? I think he'll do it.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm under the impression that Dwight will continue to refine his offensive skills and become a complete player with a nice repertoire of moves. With more skills he'll get additional touches and score more points.

Sure when you work the numbers the %'s are low, but those are his numbers now without projecting what his future stats will be. Of course that kind of game is never likely or expected, but it's not hard to imagine Dwight blowing up and going crazy at least once, especially considering how good we all think he'll be.

It was mentioned earlier that he's already had a 45/19 game in his career which mainly consisted of dunks and free throws. What happens when his free throw % goes up and he can consistenly beat defenders with a finesse game? I think he'll do it.

Did you just challenge me to a "Dwight is awesome"-off? Because you'll lose.

Anyways, I fully expect Dwight to be at least a 24/14/2.5/3/1 player for a decade if he stays healthy starting next year. My point wasn't that it isn't possible, in the same way I won't say Dwight isn't capable of a quadruple-double. What I will say is that it is very unlikely, because Dwight would have to have multiple very uncommon occurrences happen in the same game, particularly in the case of the quad.

He would have to do it on a night where he goes against a soft center...which reminds me...we play Cleveland this week. He could do a 30/30 on Z, the guy is softer than jello.