Sign in to follow this  
Mr Charisma

Open Letter to Magic Media

Dear Homers,

I understand that your job is based on positive reporting of the team, as much as is reasonably possible. So "homerism", in my mind, is not a sin.

"Stupidity", however, is unforgivable (don't argue with me; it comes straight from the Gospels According to DoM and Smack). When a halftime takes 43 minutes, I'll be the 1st to admit that it went way overboard and, even though Zo deserved the recognition, I was ready for a closing prayer about 1/3 of the way through his speech. But to start discussing the time delay immediately following as though the Magic had been disadvantaged by this, and creating excuses for them to go ahead and lose the game if they wanted to was completely and utterly retarded. Yeah, I'm talking to you Mr. Steele. Even Mr. Goukas wouldn't lower himself to such depths.

And then in the post-game interview with Stan, here came the same ignorant questions.

Note to imbeciles: both teams had to sit for 43 minutes; it was not an advantage to either team. The only thing it COULD be was an excuse for whatever team lost, but both of those teams have enough class that they would not DARE to use that as such.

You should be ashamed and embarrassed.

That is all.

Dear Homers,

I understand that your job is based on positive reporting of the team, as much as is reasonably possible. So "homerism", in my mind, is not a sin.

"Stupidity", however, is unforgivable (don't argue with me; it comes straight from the Gospels According to DoM and Smack). When a halftime takes 43 minutes, I'll be the 1st to admit that it went way overboard and, even though Zo deserved the recognition, I was ready for a closing prayer about 1/3 of the way through his speech. But to start discussing the time delay immediately following as though the Magic had been disadvantaged by this, and creating excuses for them to go ahead and lose the game if they wanted to was completely and utterly retarded. Yeah, I'm talking to you Mr. Steele. Even Mr. Goukas wouldn't lower himself to such depths.

And then in the post-game interview with Stan, here came the same ignorant questions.

Note to imbeciles: both teams had to sit for 43 minutes; it was not an advantage to either team. The only thing it COULD be was an excuse for whatever team lost, but both of those teams have enough class that they would not DARE to use that as such.

You should be ashamed and embarrassed.

That is all.

I didn't think anyone had an advantage from the ridiculously long half time and any talk of an advantage is crazy.

What drove me nuts was that I had class last night, tivo(ed) the game and post game, still missing the end of the game. icon_mad.gif

Did Zo deserve the honor? thats debatable and for another thread, but 42 minutes? really? The nba should come down hard on the heat for this boner. What lasted longer: Zo's career or the retirement ceremony?

On a side note does Georgetown cringe every time Patrick Chewing speaks publicly? I know I did

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

The nba should come down hard on the heat for this boner

agreed...that was ridiculous.

and **** Zo...i never liked him anyway. Screaming after every rebound and blocked shot like he just won the championship then flexing his muscles.

All the props in the world for 'Zo, he deserved it.

But seriously... the Miami Heat as an organization should be reprimanded. They applied to the league for a 24 minute haltime for the ceremony, and then took almost double that amount of time to actually finish.

Again, not taking anything away from Alonzo, I was happy for him, and even had the chills watching the banner being raised as the tears streamed down his face.

Maybe the Heat should have considered having the ceremony POST game.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

The nba should come down hard on the heat for this boner

agreed...that was ridiculous.

and **** Zo...i never liked him anyway. Screaming after every rebound and blocked shot like he just won the championship then flexing his muscles.

Yeah, Mouring to me will forever be a grade A ******bag.

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

Speaking of Alonzo freaking out about rebounds, dunks, or blocked shots...how about all the times he's been posterized by Vince Carter? They should put a Carter jersey in the stands for all the wonderful dunks he let the Miami Heat see. Vince > Alonzo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7hhxkh4oOs

maybe they should just put vince's nuts on the chest of the jersey

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

But to start discussing the time delay immediately following as though the Magic had been disadvantaged by this, and creating excuses for them to go ahead and lose the game if they wanted to was completely and utterly retarded. Yeah, I'm talking to you Mr. Steele. Even Mr. Goukas wouldn't lower himself to such depths.

I thought Steele just asked the obligatory straight man question and Matty quickly said it would affect both teams equally.

Nothing really that obscene.