Sign in to follow this  
Bianchi

Bianchi blog: Why so many Celtics fans at Orlando Magic "home" game?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Have I committed any grievous sin?

Yeah, not showing up for our message board gathering.

You have broken my heart, Mr. Charisma. You have broken my heart.

anchorman.jpg

I was born in Connecticut, and started loving the Magic since 93 (around 3rd or 4th grade).

Then I moved to Florida, and still loved the Magic. And UCONN. And the San Diego Chargers.

I guess I'm not a loyal New Englander, except for my UCONN love.

quote:
Originally posted by Bianchi:

I realize many people in Orlando come from other places, but when you move to a city shouldn't you adopt that city's team?

Well that settles it. Screw the Magic, Braves, and Bucs.

Starting today, I'm a Wizards, Nationals/Orioles, and Redskins/Ravens fan.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

I realize many people in Orlando come from other places, but when you move to a city shouldn't you adopt that city's team?

Well that settles it. Screw the Magic, Braves, and Bucs.

Starting today, I'm a Wizards, Nationals/Orioles, and Redskins/Ravens fan.

Don't forget the Generals.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Have I committed any grievous sin?

Yeah, not showing up for our message board gathering.

You have broken my heart, Mr. Charisma. You have broken my heart.

anchorman.jpg

LOL.

You'll actually be shocked to know it was for a valid reason.

It was not an actual snub, though that would have been fun also.

There shall be others, I'm sure !!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I was born in Connecticut, and started loving the Magic since 93 (around 3rd or 4th grade).

Then I moved to Florida, and still loved the Magic. And UCONN. And the San Diego Chargers.

I guess I'm not a loyal New Englander, except for my UCONN love.

huzzah for Connecticut born people!

I was born in CT, moved with my family to florida when i was 5. Eventually ended up in orlando. Now i go to school up at FSU.

I'm a magic fan, a Giants fan, UCONN fan, and FSU fan. I also give support to UCF since I live right down the street from them.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

no way...i don't care where i move. I will always be a dolphins/magic/braves fan. Just because i move somewhere else doesn't mean my favorite team will change.

Those are my three....if you add UCF and FSU to that mix, then you and I can be pals.

i go to fsu and am from orlando

quote:

when you move to a city shouldn't you adopt that city's team? I think you should.

By that logic, should someone living in Alaska disown professional sports for not having any teams? You see, with out a local team, how could they possibly root for anyone?

In all fairness.. you can adopt the team of your new city without losing your loyalty to your real team. I lived in Charlotte for a little while, I cheered on the Bobcats most nights, but came prepared in full Magic gear when my boys were in town.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

In all fairness.. you can adopt the team of your new city without losing your loyalty to your real team. I lived in Charlotte for a little while, I cheered on the Bobcats most nights, but came prepared in full Magic gear when my boys were in town.

Not sure if the Hornets were in Charlotte while you were there, but what do you do when your team switches cities? Did all the Charlotte fans stick with the New Orleans team, and do they ditch the New Orleans team when the Bobcats are formed?

What's the ruling there?

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Not sure if the Hornets were in Charlotte while you were there, but what do you do when your team switches cities? Did all the Charlotte fans stick with the New Orleans team, and do they ditch the New Orleans team when the Bobcats are formed?

What's the ruling there?

My guess is that many of those Charlotte-based Hornets fans still thought fondly of many of those players. However, in this situation, they absolutely HATED George Shinn and so they were likely quick to toss their Hornet's allegiances (and in this case, it is warranted).

But that whole Charlotte, New Orleans, OK City, Seattle thing is just one big mess if you ask me. At least with OK City and the Hornets, it was because of a natural disaster. Bad NBA franchises are unequivocally un-natural disasters.