Sign in to follow this  
MagicMan83

Trade Darko To Milwaukee!

I really don't understand trading Darko for a injury prone small forward that is very overrated IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I really don't understand trading Darko for a injury prone small forward that is very overrated IMO.

The reason is we get Charlie V and a top 5 pick in this years draft.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMan83:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

The reason is we get Charlie V and a top 5 pick in this years draft.

I have 2 huge problems with this plan.

First, Milwaukee wouldn't even consider that trade until after the lottery, and wouldn't consider it period if they landed Top 2. And no one outside the top 2 is better than Darko right now.

Second, the whole plan falls apart if any single part of it fails. We'd have traded young and healthy for midsize and injury prone, which simply isn't a good idea.

First, Milwaukee wouldn't even consider that trade until after the lottery, and wouldn't consider it period if they landed Top 2. And no one outside the top 2 is better than Darko right now.

Second, the whole plan falls apart if any single part of it fails. We'd have traded young and healthy for midsize and injury prone, which simply isn't a good idea.

I know everything depends on the bucks trade thats why it was number 1.You would rather have Darko then Charlie Villanueva and a top 5 pick? I think Villanueva is a better player then darko right now.

quote:
As inconsistent as Nelson has been lately, Carlos has done nothing to make me think that he is the one that should be running this team. Sorry Arroyo fans.

Have you not seen the first two games of this series?

quote:

1.) Sign Darko to an extension and then trade him with Bogans,Garrity and 2 second round picks to Milwaukee for Charlie Villanueva,Bobby Simmons and this years 1st round pick.

2.)Trade Dooling and Arroyo to Memphis for Stoudamire and Swift.

3. Sign Bonzi Wells or Flip Murry

4. Sign Steve Blake

5. Re-Sign Grant Hill

so 2008 roster

PG Nelson/Blake/Stoudamire

SG Wells-Murry/Redick/Simmons

SF Hill/Ariza/Turk

PF Villanueva/Swift/Augustine

C Howard/Battie

I know we are taking on a bad contract with Simmons but if it gets us a high draft pick it's worth it. Villanueva is a big low post scorer who rebounds well.Swift is a shot blocker who can help Dwight block shots in the paint.Stoudamire is an old vet and can be a solid backup point guard but he has the plenty of experience and can start if needed. Wells is a risk but if he plays at a high level he will be the scorer we need.Steve Blake is a pass first point guard and if Nelson does not get his act together Blake can be our PG of the future.

The best part of all is that we have a top 5 pick! GO MAGIC!

Then in 3 years we will have a ton of cap room with Simmons,Battie and Turk all coming off the books. Thats the year when Wade and James are Free Agents.

Ok let me let me get this straight. You want to bring in another 5'10 PG, three players that no one else wants and a couple of them are major head cases and one really bad contract. The good parts a Charlie Villanueva and Steve Blake and a top 5 pick. Then in 3 years we can make a move for Lebron of D Wade.

Why do you want to put us in three more years of mediocrity for the possibility that we might get a pick that ends up a good player and we maybe able to get Lebron or Wade and thats a big maybe.

quote:

I know everything depends on the bucks trade thats why it was number 1.You would rather have Darko then Charlie Villanueva and a top 5 pick? I think Villanueva is a better player then darko right now.

I think Darko fills a much bigger need for the Magic than Villaneuva does.

quote:

who are the 3 players that no one else wants?

None of these players are making any real contributions on there current teams and do you really think that they are going to make us any better.

I would stop being a Magic fan if we trade our best players like Darko. All we need is a new Coaching staff and a PG. Only player I would get rid of is the Jammer, Pat Garrity but nobody is gonna want him because of his salary issue.

You guys forget this team is built for the future...

quote:
carlos in dooling?

i'm sure there is a good explanation but i bet that's not that funny like i've understood it.

Wow, that could explain why they match up so well in the game. I hope this is not the situation with the Jameer-Howard combo. LOL