Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

2006-2007 PLAY-OFF GAME THREAD***Pistons vs Magic***GAME 3

We Will Win....do or die...We just have to play good D...play Darko, Reddick, Ariza and Arroyo a little bit more...no more Meer for 30 minutes...if D12 is struggling and with 5 TO's, get him out....we can do it...we are playing one of the best teams in the east and what everyone thought would be 15+ blowout games have been 7-8. We got this! UP!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:18 pm Post subject: BRIAN HILL STAYING WITH STATUS QUO FOR GAME 3

The Orlando Magic have nothing to lose in a series nobody expects them to win, but still they are vowing to stick with the status quo for Thursday

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

Its very simple, we go out Thrusday and play with the intent to destroy the Pistons.

Not only should be beat them, but we must blow them the hell out.

We have to send a strong message to these guys, that we are not going away anytime soon.

Jack Daniels is going to be proud of you.LOL

LOL.... Thanks!

By the way.....

WHO IS GOING TO PULL THE FIRE ALARM ON DETROIT'S HOTEL ????????

LMAO

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyMullen928:

anybody know where DETROIT is staying? id like to see some retaliation.

Hmmmm...... Im sure it isnt too hard to find 15 Detroit players and 10 -15 staff members.

I will even bet that they have alot of Police Officers keeping an eye out at the Hotel they are staying at.

You can also scratch out all the crappy Hotels, so that leaves this question:

What are the best Hotels in Orlando, that has a lot of Orlando Police officers around it ?

quote:
Originally posted by CaseyMullen928:

peabody down on idrive...western grand bohemian....there are some decent ones around.

Hmmmm, so that leaves the only un-answered question.....

Which Hotel has beefed up their security?

Pre-game notes -

By MARK LONG, AP Sports Writer

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The Orlando Magic have used a number of defenders on Detroit's Chauncey Billups, and none of them has been able to slow him down.

Billups has 43 points and 19 assists in two games, taking advantage of mismatches, avoiding double teams and finding open teammates.

He's one of the main reasons the Pistons have a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series. Game 3 is Thursday night in Orlando, and the Magic believe guarding Billups will be key.

"He's a tough matchup for everybody," Orlando guard Jameer Nelson said. "There's not a guy in the league that can say he shut Chauncey Billups down. You just want to try to make it tough for him, try to get him out of his comfort zone and make it tough for him."

Billups averaged 17 points and 7.2 assists this season and shot 88 percent from the free throw line. He's been even more of a scoring factor against the Magic, averaging 24.5 points and 6.8 assists in six games while making 42 of 48 free throws.

Billups has seemingly been able to score at will against Nelson, who is several inches shorter, about a dozen pounds lighter and maybe a step slower than his counterpart.

Knowing Billups creates problems for his team, Magic coach Brian Hill has rotated Nelson, Carlos Arroyo, Keyon Dooling and Grant Hill onto the 6-foot-3, 202-pound point guard.

Hill started off Game 1 guarding Billups, but that left Nelson covering 6-7 shooting guard Richard Hamilton -- another mismatch.

Nelson ended up on Billups for part of that game and eventually fouled out.

"I don't take it as a disrespect to me," Nelson said. "I need help. I've been guarding taller guys my whole life. It's not just the fact he's taller or weighs more. It's not just height. He's been here before."

Some think Brian Hill should change up his starting lineup -- stick Arroyo or Dooling on Billups for Game 3 -- but the coach said that won't happen.

"I don't think you shake up your lineup at this time in the season," Hill said. "You go with the guys that have brought you to where you are. It wasn't like we lost two 20-point games up in Detroit. We had ourselves in position late in the games to have an opportunity to win. We just have to play a little bit harder and a little bit better."

Will that be enough?

Maybe not. The Magic have dropped all six meetings with Detroit this season, losing by an average of nearly nine points.

They hope to reverse the trend Thursday, but the Pistons were better on the road than they were at home during the regular season.

"To win on the road, you can't beat yourself, and we don't turn the ball over," Detroit coach Flip Saunders said. "That's the biggest factor."

One thing Orlando has in its favor: the Pistons haven't swept a playoff series since 1990. They also have lost six of their last seven Game 3s.

"We know we can beat these guys," Orlando's All-Star center Dwight Howard said. "Nobody else believes in us. We know what we've got and what we can do."

The Magic have decided they need to be more physical with the Pistons. They want Howard, who missed eight free throws in the series opener and was sick in Game 2, to assert himself in the post. They want Hill and Hedo Turkoglu to drive to the basket more frequently.

And they want to play tighter defense on Billups and Rasheed Wallace, who was 6-of-11 from 3-point range in the first two games and helped the Pistons build early leads.

"That's one of the things coach talked about -- trying to be a little bit more physical, trying to hit them first as opposed to them hitting us first," Hill said.

It starts with Billups.

But the Magic also realize they can't foul him because he's made 16 of 18 free throws in the series.

"We've got to be smart, play every possession," Grant Hill said. "We know what we need to do in terms of trying to stop them. It's a little easier said than done. But we've got to go out there and do the best we can."

Team Comparison

Team Record Standings PF PA Road/Home Streak L10

Detroit 53-29 1st Central / 1st East 96.0 91.8 Road 27-14 Won 2 7-3

Orlando 40-42 3rd Southeast / 8th East 94.8 94.0 Home 25-16 Won 4 7-3

Detroit Notes

Apr 24 Despite being up 2-0 in their first-round series, the Pistons aren't celebrating anything. "That's focus," said F Chris Webber, who had 10 points and nine rebounds. "You win two games and say that means nothing and then win game 3 and say that's nothing, that is focus. Focus is not enjoying the win. Focus is getting the win and then saying, that means nothing, we've got more to go." ... Once again, G Richard Hamilton was knocked to the ground when Orlando G Jameer Nelson was called for a flagrant foul. "I'm sick and tired of getting hit hard out there, I'll tell you that," Hamilton said. "But it's a part of the game. I know that's what people are trying to do. Like the Energizer Bunny, I'm going to take a licking and keep on ticking. It's going to be a dogfight. It's the playoffs."

st 04-24-07 0:51 et

Orlando Notes

Apr 21 The Magic set a franchise playoff record by shooting 58 percent. The old mark was 57.8 against Atlanta in 1996. ... C Dwight Howard ended the regular season with eight straight double-doubles and had 13 points and 19 rebounds in his first playoff game. ... F Trevor Ariza and G Jameer Nelson also made their first playoff appearances. ... The last time the Magic were in the playoffs they lost to the Pistons in the first round in 2003.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2007042619

quote:
Apr 24 Despite being up 2-0 in their first-round series, the Pistons aren't celebrating anything. "That's focus," said F Chris Webber, who had 10 points and nine rebounds. "You win two games and say that means nothing and then win game 3 and say that's nothing, that is focus. Focus is not enjoying the win. Focus is getting the win and then saying, that means nothing, we've got more to go." ... Once again, G Richard Hamilton was knocked to the ground when Orlando G Jameer Nelson was called for a flagrant foul. "I'm sick and tired of getting hit hard out there, I'll tell you that," Hamilton said. "But it's a part of the game. I know that's what people are trying to do. Like the Energizer Bunny, I'm going to take a licking and keep on ticking. It's going to be a dogfight. It's the playoffs."

Rip ur a piece of work, if u wouldnt run into people u wouldnt get hit hard,, u little *****, maybe if u take tha tridiculous mask off, u could see better dumbasss..

Im tired of gettign hit hard as I roll on the floor as if Meer had stabbed when he barely grazed u..

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:

Rip ur a piece of work, if u wouldnt run into people u wouldnt get hit hard,, u little *****, maybe if u take tha tridiculous mask off, u could see better dumbasss..

Im tired of gettign hit hard as I roll on the floor as if Meer had stabbed when he barely grazed u..

Just so you know rich, if RIP breaks his nose one more time, its done for. Then he'll look like this guy, only blacker..... mj2002.jpg

Man.....he should have stopped on surgery number 1.

Guys, I've just insured our victory. Today I threw a quarter, not a nickel, dime. or a penny, but a QUARTER into a wishing well that the Magic will win tonight..........yep, I'm determined to break out the wallet on some occasions.