Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Gamethread March 21st: Knicks @ Magic (7PM ET)

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers,Guns.and Money:

Courtney Lee played 10 seconds shy of 42 minutes without a turnover. Ya gotta love this rookie.

I like him more more more than rashard. Courtney big suprise and big rookie. He has a braveheart and he is powerfull. like milsap at Utah (when he was rokie)

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Blueheart. Intel.

I gave Hedo the second highest Stock Up! Get off my back!!

Jimminy Christmas.

LOL, I'm not criticizing you! I was just saying what I think Hedo should do. I think he is not using the mid range jumper as much as he should. Either he step backs for a 3 or does a crazy layup. I want to see him shoot more midrangers because he can make them at a good percentage. It had nothing to do with your stock up's, I love those.

It was mostly meant towards Blue, but I included you because you said:

quote:

And I disagree with you Sky, not saying you're opinion is wrong but I think Turk didn't stop the ball movement at all and lack of team play... And for all those one-on-one chucks, he only took 13 shots, and in a game with no D12, he should take at least 16 shots.

Yes he did have a good passing game, especially in the first quarter. However that dried up in the 4th quarter. My point was he dribbled the shot clock down too much and took bad shots. However no one (except DOM and myself, apparently) are gonna be upset at him for that because the shots went in. But this is also how he's had 2 outta 15 shooting nights, too. It's my job to keep in mind how good every Magic player can be, and how bad every Magic player can be.

The short of my Stock and explanation for Hedo was that I gave him an "A minus." I just get flabbergasted when I get taken to task for the "minus." I gave him an A too, LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Yes he did have a good passing game, especially in the first quarter. However that dried up in the 4th quarter. My point was he dribbled the shot clock down too much and took bad shots. However no one (except DOM, myself, and all the members of a certain Club foundated a few weeks ago, apparently) are gonna be upset at him for that because the shots went in. But this is also how he's had 2 outta 15 shooting nights, too. It's my job to keep in mind how good every Magic player can be, and how bad every Magic player can be.

Corrected.

LOL I think everyone is still missing my point. The base of my argument is this: I rather have Hedo take midrange jumpers off the dribble with someone who can't guard him (anyone in the Knicks) rather than drive to the hole without even looking at the basket. If my argument applied to Rashard, it would come out like: I believe Shard should drive to the basket because that will make his shooting even more deadly, and he hits most of his layups.

quote:

LOL I think everyone is still missing my point. The base of my argument is this: I rather have Hedo take midrange jumpers off the dribble with someone who can't guard him (anyone in the Knicks) rather than drive to the hole without even looking at the basket.

No one's confused by what your point is: If option A and option b are the only two options available and option A is superior to option B, then choosing option A is a success.

We're pointing out that other options exist that are infinitely superior to both options A and B, making choosing either one a failure.

ESPN

Turkoglu has flirted with a triple-double in three straight games, with averages of 16.7 points, 8.3 assists, and 7.7 boards over that stretch.

i know "some people" having hard time when hedo plays better but i think they need to swallow it.. even his defense was way better than early season.. and sometimes if option A or B works you dont have to look other options to make you feel pretty or right

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

ESPN

Turkoglu has flirted with a triple-double in three straight games, with averages of 16.7 points, 8.3 assists, and 7.7 boards over that stretch.

i know "some people" having hard time when hedo plays better but i think they need to swallow it.. even his defense was way better than early season.. and sometimes if option A or B works you dont have to look other options to make you feel pretty or right

I dont think the question is "does Hedo have talent." We all know hes a talented basketball player.

I think most on here wish he was a bit more consistant with his game and sometimes make better decisions with the ball. Even your quote has it at THREE games.

He has improved from the start of the season no doubt, but he still can come on like a bull in a one or two game stretch, and then turn around and go 2-14 or 3-15 the next game.

I would like more consistancy than he shows, and I believe if he wouldnt try to take on so much in the offense and limit some of the jack up type of shots, Hedo would be truly great.

And to me this isnt about Rashard against Hedo, to me its just about Hedo. If he wants the contract that many in here thinks he deserves, hes got to take what the game gives him instead of trying to force things.

Id love to keep him here in Orlando, provided he became more consistant with his game. And IMO his game right now isnt worth 10 mil a year.

And before someone yells "Lewis isnt worth his contract either", your right, we paid too much. But it doesnt mean that we have to make another mistake by overpaying another player.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

I dont think the question is "does Hedo have talent." We all know hes a talented basketball player.

I think most on here wish he was a bit more consistant with his game and sometimes make better decisions with the ball. Even your quote has it at THREE games.

He has improved from the start of the season no doubt, but he still can come on like a bull in a one or two game stretch, and then turn around and go 2-14 or 3-15 the next game.

I would like more consistancy than he shows, and I believe if he wouldnt try to take on so much in the offense and limit some of the jack up type of shots, Hedo would be truly great.

And to me this isnt about Rashard against Hedo, to me its just about Hedo. If he wants the contract that many in here thinks he deserves, hes got to take what the game gives him instead of trying to force things.

Id love to keep him here in Orlando, provided he became more consistant with his game. And IMO his game right now isnt worth 10 mil a year.

And before someone yells "Lewis isnt worth his contract either", your right, we paid too much. But it doesnt mean that we have to make another mistake by overpaying another player.

+ ?

quote:

quote:

ESPN

Then my question would be, who do you think the Magic can sign for 10M a year, that would bring more to the table than Turk? Please don't take this post as dissing you, because I'm not. Just tell me who we can get in that price range that is better than Turk.

quote:

quote:

quote:

ESPN

Then my question would be, who do you think the Magic can sign for 10M a year, that would bring more to the table than Turk? Please don't take this post as dissing you, because I'm not. Just tell me who we can get in that price range that is better than Turk.

I dont take it that way at all. Its a legitimate question. If you want to stay with the small ball lineup (meaning keeping Rashard at the 4) you could go with either Artest or Odom. I think you could get either of them at 10 mil or slightly less. They both bring similar games but maybe not the greatest lockeroom guys. But can be done.

If you want to go to a more traditional lineup (meaning moving Lewis back to the 3) you could probably pick up Rasheed Wallace at a cheaper price. Some like Shawn Marions game at the 4 also. I would probably think that Marion could command at least 7-9 mil a year, im not so sure but some on here like him. Theres also players like Brandon Bass from Dallas or even Paul Milsap or Carlos Boozer that we could make a play for. Now with this type of lineup, you may lose some playmaking ability but I think we have playmakers on this team with Jameer and Rafer, and I think Courtney can grow into that a bit and even JJ shows that he can move the ball effectively.

With all that being said, I would like Hedo to stay with us. I would like him to take less chances and be more consistant, but hes been an intregal part of our success. And hes well liked by his teammates and the fans as well. I think if he was a free agent after last year, he may have cashed in big time. But he wasnt and his game has slipped a bit this year.

Id offer Hedo 4 yrs at 8 mil a year and see what happens. I dont know how many teams are out there that would give more but thats what I would seriously offer him right now.

quote:

I made a list a while back of players better than Turk who make less than 10m a season and aren't on rookie deals. I don't feel like trying to track it down, and I'm not even sure if it was on this board, but I can tell you for fact that Gerald Wallace, Caron Butler, and David West all make under 10m a season, and as long as they passed a physical, I'd take any one of them over Hedo in half a heartbeat.

Hell, Danny Granger signed an extension so his new deal starts next year, and his new deal starts below 10m(9.93m to be precise). Is there anyone on this board who actually believes Hedo is a better player than Granger?