Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

FINALLY...NO SMILES!!!!!!!

It was a tough loss lastnight but I am very happy that for once the Magic actually looked like they were pissed off that they were the losers. No smiles, no joking, no hugs with the other squad. I think these guys are starting to get serious.

On a side note I think Rafer brings a toughness that we really needed. He plays with attitude and I like it.

It was a tough loss lastnight but I am very happy that for once the Magic actually looked like they were pissed off that they were the losers. No smiles, no joking, no hugs with the other squad. I think these guys are starting to get serious.

On a side note I think Rafer brings a toughness that we really needed. He plays with attitude and I like it.

I know this season isn't over, and i'm very excited to get the post season started, but I am absolutely foaming at the mouth for next season. Jameer & Skip as our PG combo?!?!?! WHOA.

As far as last night, it was the 4th quarter and Mo Williams was just playing agressive D on AJ. When Rafer came in, whooooo, he got into Mo Williams. Just straight attacked him; bumped him; matched his intensity and agressiveness. I love that about Skip.

Also, did anyone read his comments about Dwight in a recent hoopsworld article?

quote:
"Dwight needs to work on a few more moves in the post, and he has to understand that he needs to be a sure pass out of the double-team. He can't turn the ball over when they double-team; he has to be able to pass out. He also needs to work on understanding situations within games, like the time and the score, and also understanding how the game is being officiated and adjusting his game accordingly."

I love that we have a veteran PG, that knows the game, and can teach our young guys how to play and understand basketball. Hopefully, that knowledge and fire will rub off, and i can't wait to see it next year.

i honestly don't care if they laugh...you can't let stuff get to you. A team laughing together shows me that they all get along and don't blame each other for a loss.

As far as shaking hands and hugging other players, that's just stupid to complain about. Do you really want a team of shaqs that pout and run to the locker room after a tough loss? Personally, i prefer to root for guys that exhibit good sportsmanship.

Sportsmanship doesn't win championships.

It's good when they get pissed off, they need it to wake them up. We're a month away from the postseason, I think they're ready.

It's like when I'm watching them on defense, and the other team will get two or three offensive boards on the SAME possession. I honestly hope the team scores then, and if they do I say, "See that guys, you deserve that. Grab the ****ing ball!".

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Sportsmanship doesn't win championships.

lol...how profound. It doesn't lose them either now does it? This is just another thing for fans that watch too much espn to ***** about after a loss. It really doesn't matter, but whatever i'm not going to argue about something this stupid.

I wouldn't expect that from Rafer on a nightly basis, for some reason that guy just owns us. You guys just so happened to acquire 2 cavs killers in him and Lue. Yes, Tyronne Lue is a cavs killer, it is sad I know.

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

I wouldn't expect that from Rafer on a nightly basis, for some reason that guy just owns us. You guys just so happened to acquire 2 cavs killers in him and Lue. Yes, Tyronne Lue is a cavs killer, it is sad I know.

and jameer

Yeah, I definitely agree. Last night wasn't an angry loss like our losses against Detroit or Chicago last month. But just a sad loss because we were so close.

They will remember this game. And take it to The Cleveland James' when they come to Orlando next month

Dwight has been all business lately. It might be a combination of him getting serious and the officials taking the fun out of the game. Whatever it is i like it and he is really focused defensively. If Lebron sealed the deal for MVP last night, then Dwight sealed the Defensive Player of the Year as well.

Don't get playing with focus and intensity confused with being a bad sport. Shaq talking trash about Dwight is bad sportsmanship. Shaq playing a game focused to the point where he doesn't want to high five and joke around with his openents or teamates in my opinion is the type of intensity I would like to see Dwight have (Not always ofcourse but in a conference rival its a must) It was nice to see a physical game with players actually looking like they are trying to give a little extra to win the game. Disapointing loss for sure but it was one of my favorite games to watch this season.