Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Would you rather have Turk or Marion?

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Well I respect all of your opinions but in the last year, I havent seen anything in Marions game that makes me giddy about him over Turk, and ive been on the trade Turk bandwagon.

The guy was traded for two out of their prime centers and theres a reason he hasnt fit with any other team.

And I stand by the Battie comparison, its what ive seen in the past year. Hes younger but his defense has not been stellar and his jumper has been very inconsistant. If were gonna go big, then I want big, not another undersized 4

K.

Marion is...

• Far better rebounder

• Far more athletic

• Far better defender

• Was once a fantasy stud

• Can hit the 3

• Has a ugly shot that still looks better then Battie's

• Can run

• Is a good basketball player

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

definitely on the all time top 10 list of worst comparisons ever...

This.

Also, no ma'am, how was spring break? Did you drink lots of pop?

it was a completely insane drunken time and i still haven't quite recovered. Tons of boobs, booze and bitc...girls.

quote:

quote:

Well I respect all of your opinions but in the last year, I havent seen anything in Marions game that makes me giddy about him over Turk, and ive been on the trade Turk bandwagon.

The guy was traded for two out of their prime centers and theres a reason he hasnt fit with any other team.

And I stand by the Battie comparison, its what ive seen in the past year. Hes younger but his defense has not been stellar and his jumper has been very inconsistant. If were gonna go big, then I want big, not another undersized 4

K.

Marion is...

• Far better rebounder

• Far more athletic

• Far better defender

• Can hit the 3

• Can run

LOL I like how you get to the point Jareth.

He WAS fantasy stud, hes not now

He hasnt hit the 3 consistantly all year

He IS a better rebounder and I said that earlier but in our system, he may not have the space needed to achieve that with us

I dont agree with what ive seen this year that hes leaps above in the defensive catagory

He is younger and can run.

Look, im not saying hes not a good player, I just dont think he is what he was and I wouldnt trade Turk for him. If we can resign Turk to the 4 yr 30-36 mil range, then we keep Turk.

quote:

quote:

K.

Marion is...

• Far better rebounder

• Far more athletic

• Far better defender

• Can hit the 3

• Can run

First I would keep Hedo.

Second I keep on hearing that years ago Marion was a stud. The Magic don't need another over the hill former stud we have been down that road before plus his contract is too much.

Take a young new stud trained by the best as in Ewing, Gortat and Dwight and you have what the Magic need.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

K.

Marion is...

• Far better rebounder

• Far more athletic

• Far better defender

• Can hit the 3

• Can run

First I would keep Hedo.

Second I keep on hearing that years ago Marion was a stud. The Magic don't need another over the hill former stud we have been down that road before plus his contract is too much.

Take a young new stud trained by the best as in Ewing, Gortat and Dwight and you have what the Magic need.

Ohh ill agree with most on here that a few years ago, Marion was a great player, but ill also agree that he was a product of a system. Similar to what I believe Hedo is in our system.

And he may still be the great player, but I just havent seen it lately, and would also keep Turk ONLY if the salary is right. 10 mil a year is too much for Hedo IMO

I forgot about Odom. I guess since it seems LA wants to keep him there, didn't think to bring him up.

A frontcourt of Shard, Odom, and Dwight looks sexy. Plus, Odom brings some toughness to this team.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

K.

Marion is...

• Far better rebounder

• Far more athletic

• Far better defender

• Can hit the 3

• Can run

First I would keep Hedo.

Ohh ill agree with most on here that a few years ago, Marion was a great player, but ill also agree that he was a product of a system. Similar to what I believe Hedo is in our system.

And he may still be the great player, but I just havent seen it lately, and would also keep Turk ONLY if the salary is right. 10 mil a year is too much for Hedo IMO

Because of many factors including the economy I don't see Hedo getting 10 million a year. In fact I see a lot of FA's getting a whole lot less them two years ago because of everything and that works in the Magic's favor.

Hedo 8 days a week. Marion sulking around because he's not getting enough shots or respect is the last thing we need.

I really want to see Otis call Hedo's bluff this summer. The way things are going in the league, there's no way Hedo gets big money to go somewhere else. And if he can get big money, we'll have to go with plan B.

I think Marion would be great here. I agree he was a product of the system in Phoenix, but we have a similar system where we run and shoot a lot of threes. I think he'd fit in great unless he thought we were going to be as lazy on defense as Phoenix.

He's definitely not the playmaker Hedo is, but I think he'd hustle and be a great slasher and defender. Yeah, he hasn't been any more of a stud than the 2x4 you'd find in your wall the last few years, but Miami sucked without Wade and it's the Wade show with Wade, and Toronto just blows (I don't know what we did to them last post season, but that team is destroyed).

I think I'd prefer Hedo, but if Hedo wants to leave than I'd agree with getting Marion for him.

I think I read this on ESPN but could be wrong but they basically said 3 teams look to be willing to spend money this summer. Detroit, Memphis, and OKC.

If that is true none of those teams are going to pay Turk big bucks when they have Prince, Gay, and Durant at the 3.

The only team I see coming within Turk's range is maybe the Kings but I do not know their cap situation.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

The only team I see coming within Turk's range is maybe the Kings but I do not know their cap situation.

I think the Kings' cap space matters less than the fact that they're completely broke.