Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Would you rather have Turk or Marion?

Me and a buddy were discussing this, and thought I'd get the boards opinion.

If Turk ops out, how would u feel if we did a S&T for Marion (send Turk for Marion)? Yeah, we lose playmaking but we get better on defense & on the glass. We also take a risk on chemistry. IMO, both players would be looking to get the same salary ($7-$9/per)

Meer/Skip/AJ

Lee/Pietrus/JJ

Shard/Pietrus/Richardson

Marion/Shard/Battie

Dwight/Gortat

Me and a buddy were discussing this, and thought I'd get the boards opinion.

If Turk ops out, how would u feel if we did a S&T for Marion (send Turk for Marion)? Yeah, we lose playmaking but we get better on defense & on the glass. We also take a risk on chemistry. IMO, both players would be looking to get the same salary ($7-$9/per)

Meer/Skip/AJ

Lee/Pietrus/JJ

Shard/Pietrus/Richardson

Marion/Shard/Battie

Dwight/Gortat

I like Marion, but dont we have a slightly older version in Battie??

If were gonna go big, I wanna go big, not another undersized PF.

If we could resign Turk for 7-9 mil on a 4 year deal, then I think we stand pat.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Hedo

quote:
I like Marion, but dont we have a slightly older version in Battie??

probably one of the worst comparisons ever...

I dont believe so. I dont think Marions defense is out of the park. I think Tony has as consistant of a jumper as Marions (and not as ugly) I do believe that Marion is a better rebounder but in our system, he probably wouldnt work well with Dwight in the middle.

yeah man that is no comparasion with battie, marion can very much outedge turk, lets say 4 or 5 years ago marion was the top performer in every fantasy league beausehe does the dirty work, and a little bit if everything, think about a thinner, refined, and taller peitrus, his game isn't showing this in the past few years because the suns went away from what they were good at, he didn't fit in with the heat and he's just finding his place with the raptors... he probably knows he'll end up leaving at some pont.

his contract is massive, but i wonder what he'd be able to resign for. he can hit the three, defend 3 positions from sg to some 4's, he is definatley quick, and with a defensive sg/sf core from lee, peitrus, marion, and dwight as the outsider we would be slightly better in my opinion, turk's drive to the rim is a serious plus from a 6'10 guy though, and i know he plays like he's shorter on the defensive end.

i think marion is the most overrated player in the league over the past few years. He was a product of nash and the suns system.

that said...battie/marion is one of the worst comparisons i've ever heard.

Well I respect all of your opinions but in the last year, I havent seen anything in Marions game that makes me giddy about him over Turk, and ive been on the trade Turk bandwagon.

The guy was traded for two out of their prime centers and theres a reason he hasnt fit with any other team.

And I stand by the Battie comparison, its what ive seen in the past year. Hes younger but his defense has not been stellar and his jumper has been very inconsistant. If were gonna go big, then I want big, not another undersized 4