Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Gortat's Favorite Nickname

I like Polish Machine more than Polish Hammer.

"Polish Hammer" sounds like a signature move, if you think about it.

But true, he'll always be "Warlock" to us, since that's how he was introduced to us in that one thread to begin with.

I haven't checked the game thread to see if this was mentioned, but during a time out, Paul Kennedy talked about Gortat's nicknames, adding "we LOVE these!" The four that were displayed on the screen were:

The Warlock

Polish Prince

Polish Hammer

Polish Machine.

Kennedy added that the last one was one that he had given himself.

Anyone else think they've been reading the boards and maybe even my post about this? I mean, the four names mentioned were the four that I mentioned!

Pretty cool.

quote:
Originally posted by Quester:

Having so many original nicknames makes him sure, that he will not have nickname MG13. That would be horrible...

lol so true

or worse, MGor

great article, and i also thought the same thing as someone else said, about how no one here would nickname someone "The American Hammer"

The announcers have been calling him the Prince of Poland, which has a nice rhythm, unlike the Polish Prince. The Polish Hammer is more fitting and sounds good. The Warlock is just an inside joke. The Polish Machine is awful IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I haven't checked the game thread to see if this was mentioned, but during a time out, Paul Kennedy talked about Gortat's nicknames, adding "we LOVE these!" The four that were displayed on the screen were:

The Warlock

Polish Prince

Polish Hammer

Polish Machine.

Kennedy added that the last one was one that he had given himself.

Anyone else think they've been reading the boards and maybe even my post about this? I mean, the four names mentioned were the four that I mentioned!

Pretty cool.

Probably not they probably got that information of of Wikipedia.. Which i had put ther with those nicknames in that order....lol