Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Magic Searching for Answers

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ClubMed:

however I dont have the right to call your ideas condescending bitter BS.

Why would you not have the right to call his ideas that?

There is this bizarre notion on this board that anyone who doesn't concede to your ever point, than they're being rude or uncivil. A stupid idea is a stupid idea, whether someone calls it that or not. If your idea isn't defensible enough that you can't respond to criticism of it with anything other than indignation and condmenation, your idea most likely sucks and deserves the criticism it's getting.

I am fairly certain DOM has this exact paragraph tattooed on his body somewhere. Rarely do you get to see a handful of sentences that so accurately portray a person's approach to life (at least life so far as it is shown on an internet message board).

As for Mr. Lee's assessment of the team, I'll offer a slightly biased approach (you may have noticed that I'm a fan of paiz pequeno). Lately, opposing shooting guards have been going off like an intoxicated high schooler's fireworks on July 4th. As such, Mr. Van Gundy has called out his own shooting guards for lack of defensive effort, which is ironic because that is the aformentioned Mr. Lee's calling card. Yet, when I have watched games, I do not see a lack of effort from either Mr. Lee nor Mr. Redick, nor even a newly re-introduced Mr. Pietrus. However, I am seeing opposing SG's running wildly around screens and getting open shots (Here's looking at you, Rip). The trouble is, how can one man be expected to guard the most consistent scorer on the opposing team all by his lonesies? You see, Jameer Nelson, while certainly a far cry from Shane Battier, is a tremendous help defender on the perimeter, sometimes to the detrimental effect of leaving his own man sitting in a beach chair at the 3-point line, but that is neither here nor there. Skip to My Lou, the current PG, is so new to the team, he is unfamiliar with defensive rotations. Anthony Johnson is slower than Brian Cook walking uphill on a sand dune, and thus can't be relied upon for any semblance of defensive assistance. And Mr. Hedo Turkoglu gives as much effort on the defensive end as a woman who has been married for 45 years, if you know what I mean. So that leaves our esteemed shooting guards to attempt to single-handedly shut down the likes of Dwyane, Rip, and Krypto-Not. Never good.

In short, Courtney has every right to call out his teammates for slacking and allowing him to take the brunt of Stan's rage.

quote:

quote:

There is this bizarre notion on this board that anyone who doesn't concede to your ever point, than they're being rude or uncivil. A stupid idea is a stupid idea, whether someone calls it that or not. If your idea isn't defensible enough that you can't respond to criticism of it with anything other than indignation and condmenation, your idea most likely sucks and deserves the criticism it's getting.

You are doing it again Dom.

Dont quote just a sentence.

It loses all its meaning.

You know the story about the pope.

It s the same thing.

Dont really care for your approach.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:

quote:

I am fairly certain DOM has this exact paragraph tattooed on his body somewhere. Rarely do you get to see a handful of sentences that so accurately portray a person's approach to life (at least life so far as it is shown on an internet message board).

I actually don't believe in tattoos, but if I did and was going to get that tattooed on my body, I'd first go through proofread it. I used to be able to spell, I swear.

Our problem with the Pistons can be summed up in one match-up. Tayshaun Prince owns Hedo. Every game. Every time. He is quicker than Hedo, and his long arms send Hedo into the fetal position. It happens every time we play the Pistons. Hedo goes from playing basketball to playing hot potato.

Hedo is bigger and stronger than Prince, but since he has no idea how to integrate those attributes into his game, it really does him no good.

You can all say what you want about the inside game, but THIS match up is what kills us every time.

The responsibility is on SVG to recognize this match-up problem, and to quit using Hedo as a ball-handler when Prince is guarding him. He needs to let the PGs and CLee run the offense against the Pistons.

I'm sure you are all very impressed, as always, with my insightful analysis.

quote:

I read it all, it was great up untill the last 2 lines. I am a fan too, I am entitled to make a comment, am I not? however I dont have the right to call your ideas condescending bitter BS. Which I didnt do. If you read it carefully, I said fine ideas, nice comments. There is no need to get ugly. Why are you so offended?

I have so much to say on what you have said, but I am afraid you are gonna start cursing again.

This is basketball not war.

And I wish it were solely my ideas and my condescending bitter BS.

Werent you the ones who went off on Jameer?

I was saying good things about him back then, I still do. I dont sway with the wind, surely not change ideas by All Star pole.

What is gonna happen if he doesnt get picked next year, will you start shopping for a PG?

the beginning of your post reads condescendingly. if that wasn't your intention I apologize for getting carried away. i think it's an issue of being wired to get that kind of response from people in this forum. its a real popular thing around here.

to be more constructive, I really didn't agree with much that you said. In current response, I was a huge supporter of Jameer all this off season on here. I loved how he stepped up in the 4th quarters against Toronto in the playoffs and loved his game and knew that he had plenty room to grow. My usual point of emphasis was statistical (which is sometimes hollow evidence). Jameer puts up near identical numbers of the last 4-5 pg's to win a championship.

either way club, no hard feelings.