Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

Michael Curry On Hot Seat In Detroit?

quote:
The Pistons are still struggling, and many are beginning to wonder how long coach Michael Curry will last in Detroit.

"This is a tough time," Curry said.

His team is 27-27, after dropping eight of their last ten games.

"The first time they're experiencing tough times in the regular season," Curry said. "But whenever you get to that point and it gets really, really tough, you've got to work that much harder and trust each other that much more."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...hot_seat_in_detroit/

I never really thought he was the right guy for that job anyway.

quote:
The Pistons are still struggling, and many are beginning to wonder how long coach Michael Curry will last in Detroit.

"This is a tough time," Curry said.

His team is 27-27, after dropping eight of their last ten games.

"The first time they're experiencing tough times in the regular season," Curry said. "But whenever you get to that point and it gets really, really tough, you've got to work that much harder and trust each other that much more."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...hot_seat_in_detroit/

I never really thought he was the right guy for that job anyway.

I hope that Flip Saunders is laughing his face off somewhere right now. He may not have gotten them to the Finals, but he did get them to the ECF, which is much further than they are getting this year!

I still think the Chauncey Billups trade is a huge factor, and that isn't Curry's fault. But seriously, Dumars jumped the gun on those two moves.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I hope that Flip Saunders is laughing his face off somewhere right now. He may not have gotten them to the Finals, but he did get them to the ECF, which is much further than they are getting this year!

I still think the Chauncey Billups trade is a huge factor, and that isn't Curry's fault. But seriously, Dumars jumped the gun on those two moves.

I am not a big Flip Sanders fan, but Billups trade was an awful one if they wanted to still compete. He might as well traded Wallace and Hamilton as well and gone into full rebuild mode around Stuckey and Prince.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

I am not a big Flip Sanders fan, but Billups trade was an awful one if they wanted to still compete. He might as well traded Wallace and Hamilton as well and gone into full rebuild mode around Stuckey and Prince.

Allowing Stuckey the room to grow was the likely reason behind the Billups trade, not to mention saving money in acquiring Iverson for a shorter period of time. But Flip was a much better coach that he is given credit for, and he is certainly better than Curry.

The thing was that if he was gonna trade Billups he should have kept Flip, who could figure out how to make it work or pick a veteran coach. Flip was gonna be fired either way, the veterans (not only Sheed) didn't respect nor like him, and the young guys did not connected with him. Curry was hired because he wasn't gonna trade Billups so the system was already in place, he was only gonna be the coach that motivated them and push them.

The trade was a good decision, but with that sort of trade, that alters the system of a team so much, you need a veteran coach who knows what he is doing.

Oh and if you go for a newbie coach, it is best if he is not a complete and total idiot.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

Oh and if you go for a newbie coach, it is best if he is not a complete and total idiot.

This seems to happen an awful lot, doesn't it!?

Yes, but most teams learn their lesson from doing it once. We lucky enough to get a sequel to a bad hire.

Firing Flip Saunders for only making the ECF is the dumbest thing ever. The man proved that he could coach. Look what he did in Minnesota.

Then on top of it, to trade for Iverson is great for next year, but anyone could see a mile away that the trade was one sided for Denver for this year.