Sign in to follow this  
EnFuego

The Magic are better with Skip than Jameer

Look out next year because with thoes 2 teams will find it hard to play us because we can switch styles of play and will also not have a drop off of play when Jameer takes a rest.

Look's good when we're making every open three we take.

When our perimeter players went cold, Jameer always found away to carry us offensively by carving through the paint.

I'd like to see how Skip handles that kind of situation when it surfaces.

the scary part is that both can alter the intensity and energy of the game, and it was proven tonight. both have their own way of doing it- Alston with his flashy passes and Jameer with his jumpshot. regardless, we're a **** good team with both. the team lookde really fired up tonight and even the game plan was different, with Turk not touching the ball as much, making him more effective spotting up. this was a brilliant move by otis to bring him in. even AJ looked fired up; he made a dunk in the game that he couldn't make during warm ups. we're still a force to be reckoned with in the East.

I think it's too early to tell, which you've already admitted, but I think it's a pretty legit argument. The team I saw go into overtime with the Bobcats and the team that I saw get destroyed by the Hornets was night and day different not only from the Magic with Jameer, but also the Magic with Alston.

Alston isn't the scorer that Jameer is, but his passes and ability to get into the middle (I know that Jameer gets into the paint as well as anyone) have completely changed this team around and made us a contender again. Since I consider us a contender with both PGs I think you can say that maybe Rafer does have a case for being what we need, but I don't think we can really make the call until the playoffs and we see if our team is successful or not. I'm sure Rafer will do amazing in the playoffs, but I bet at times we're going to say, "man, I wish we had Jameer right now."

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Skip has played quite well. It isn't very surprising that a 33 year-old veteren sees the court and is able to control the pace and game more effectively than Jameer but I don't think were better off with Skip. I think were better off next season with both

umm hes 32..

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

I'll say it's definitely too early to tell, but that there is one thing for sure: We are going to be better than either combination next year and a favorite to win it all. Can you imagine a heavy scoring unit with Jameer, followed by--not a dearth of offense and Anthony Johnson--but, Rafer Alston with JJ, Pietrus, Battie and Gortat? That unit has passing, scoring, slashing, rebounding and defense. And you don't need to even comment about our starting 5 all with a year more time playing together. I can't wait to see Courtney after some playoff seasoning.

*salivates*

Alston is exactly what this roster has been begging for...a set up man and he does it without taking shot away from our primary scorers. Bogans and JJ played terribly in the starting lineup, but the offense was great because they didn't take shots away from our primary scorers and move the basketball. Alston does the same thing while actually creating good shot opportunities for his teammates.

I wouldn't say were better with Alston, but he certainly gives this team something it's lacked for a very long time.

The flip side is that with Orlando he's free to do what he does best as well. In Houston, T-Mac demands the ball, they didn't run as much pick n roll, and they don't have the shooters we do.

great thread knew it would be created sooner or later all i kno is next year itll be fun watchinng them both and im still optimistic about makin a run at the title this year

this thread was inevitable.

i dont think Alston makes us better per say. he does make us relevant this year and way better next. we might could on certain occasions play Nelson at the two next year alongside Alston.

either way if we lose turk in free agency, im not so worried

quote:
per say.

Is there a point to that phrase? Or is it just like "I think".

Not trying to be a dick but I am.