Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poll: $178 Million in Two SFs?

This is tough. Turk makes this team go as currently constructed. Still I voted no b/c Turk will be 30 in a month and we already have so much locked into the SF position.

I guess the question is who else can we get for 10-12 million a year that will have a better impact on the Magic? Given Jameer's injury, I'd like to see Otis move Turk for a sure thing (someone proven and already locked up past this summer) or for young prospects. If we lose Turk this summer for nothing, I will be an upset fan.

This poll should at least include the fact that we will not be paying Hedo 60 million dollars. I doubt we will even be paying him 50 million dollars. This is Hedo's asking price, and the high end of that asking price to boot!

Also, in fairness, you should lop off the first two years of Lewis's contract with the Magic.

In all honesty, I can't even imagine Rashard playing SF anymore. He's nowhere near as athletic as he appears and is a far better defender at PF than he ever was at SF. About the only area he gets exploited in at PF is on the glass.

I wouldn't pay Hedo 40m at this point. He's oscillated this year between putrid and slightly above average on offense and always a liability on defense, and there's nothing about someone who's 30 and slightly above average on one side of the ball and useless on the other that screams 10M A SEASON to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

This poll should at least include the fact that we will not be paying Hedo 60 million dollars. I doubt we will even be paying him 50 million dollars. This is Hedo's asking price, and the high end of that asking price to boot!

Also, in fairness, you should lop off the first two years of Lewis's contract with the Magic.

Good second point. To the first point, I disagree and believe Turk will secure a 50+ million contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

Good second point. To the first point, I disagree and believe Turk will secure a 50+ million contract.

I seriously doubt that Otis will negotiate against himself again. I think that Hedo will give the hometown discount under duress. Otis would rather let Turk walk than to overpay him, especially after what happened with Lewis.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

In all honesty, I can't even imagine Rashard playing SF anymore. He's nowhere near as athletic as he appears and is a far better defender at PF than he ever was at SF. About the only area he gets exploited in at PF is on the glass.

+1

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

I seriously doubt that Otis will negotiate against himself again. I think that Hedo will give the hometown discount under duress. Otis would rather let Turk walk than to overpay him, especially after what happened with Lewis.

I meant I think he will get 50+ million on the open market this summer

That is somewhat scary, but Turk does so much for this team...

I think like most others, that his Agent is just being an agent. Their job is to get as much as they can for their clients, while also getting a nice bigger cut of that money...He is selling his client high and just starting the conversations on the high end.

The market won't be as hot this year. Many teams are losing money, needing loans, and cutting payroll. Many others are getting cap room for 2010.

If the team is thinking of high 50 mill, and the agent is saying 60 mill...what's the difference in there? 3 or 4 million dollars, in a span of 5 years or so? that's not a big difference. In reality, both the team and Hedo are around the same amount.

I think Hedo is an essential part of this team. His versatility is rare and works perfect with our lineup. I want to keep him, but I also don't want to spend too much. But if it means another season lilke this year(before Meer)then it might be worth it.

I guess I sit here wondering whether a team like Portland would offer us Fernandez and Outlaw (and a piece) for Turk. In the short term, this trade would hurt us (adding to our hurts) and help them. In the long term, as these two develop, we could have a really deep, young team.