Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Name your Worst magic player top 5.

quote:
Originally posted by Garthran:

I agree with most of the names but am surprised DeClerq didn't get some love (or, I guess, hate). That man had hands of stone.

Otherwise known as the "Hammer!"

Pat Garrity in the worst five is tough, if you break down. It's tough because he was pretty darn good around 2003. But from about '04 to '08 he was spectacularly horrible. In that lone stretch he was the worst Magic player ever and it's not even close. I don't think Cook'll be around long enough to rival that stretch of Pat Garrity's career either.

However when you put his good year or two into the equasion of Pat's whole Magic career, I would say he's only borderline for the worst five. That's not saying much about Garrity, but about thee kind of scrubs that have donned a Magic uniform.

I think Jeff Turner deserves more than to even be associated with this list, and at least Greg Kite would come in and knock a mo fo out.

5. Brooks Thompson (I had high hopes for the original great white hope)

4. Stephen Hunter

3. Reece Gaines

2. Brian Williams

1. Fran Vasquez (if he even counts..)

When measured against the expectations for him, you could argue Grant Hill as a clear number one, in a way.

Brian Cook would have an inside track to beat all these guys out going forward, if his contract was longer. Then again with how much he can epically fail this season in very limited minutes in a game, perhaps he can take the all time suckitude title in just a few years in a Magic uniform.

Didnt have the pleasure to see Gaines, Humphreys and the old ones in action, so here goes my list

5- Michael Doleac (in terms of mobility...as far as shooting goes, he was ok)

4- Jacque Vaughn

3- Andrew DeClerq

2- Jeryll Sasser

1- Tyronn Lue

1. Brian Hill

2. Brian Hill

3. Brian Hill

4. Brian Hill

5. Brian Hill

Yeah, and I know I didn't follow the rules.

I also don't / didn't like Shaq after he bolted and trashed us, Garrity, Stevenson, Gaines, Kite, Steven Hunter in Orlando was awful, and many more, but I would have to go look them up.

There is no way that Garrity is on the top 5 list. Its not his fault that he was given a contract that was just ridiculous. Before injuries robbed him of his jumpshot he was a good contributor to the team. He's not in Gaines and Sasser's company.

BTW, I don't give a crap if he has played in a Magic game or not....Franny boy is on my list. He held a Magic jersey so that is close enough.

5. Grant Hill's 3 point ability here, only to improve in Phoenix (everytime i watch that man hes draining threes never attempted them here)

4. Grant Hill's Right Ankle

3. Grant Hill's Left Ankle

2. Grant Hill's Contract

1. i ran out of things to complain about Grant Hill but yea you get the point... he ruined 7 years worth of magic basketball

quote:
There is no way that Garrity is on the top 5 list. Its not his fault that he was given a contract that was just ridiculous. Before injuries robbed him of his jumpshot he was a good contributor to the team. He's not in Gaines and Sasser's company.

Agreed. Don't mess with the Gat.

And it's down right criminal to have The Hammer even mentioned on this list. The man is still living off of his Subway subs.

Can't believe Pat Burke hasn't gotten any attention. Guy was a disaster.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Nothing else, no defense, no athleticism, no assists, no shot blocking, no rebounding, no dribbling, no dunking, shall I go on...ever at any point in his career.

I'm going to have to call you on this one S.A.C:

I really didn't dislike Garrity much until the first game of Van Gundy's tenure when he came off the bench before Trevor Ariza and I had to ask myself *** is Ariza sitting on the bench so much for while Garrity is playing. I have to say that I hated Troy Hudson the most, sure he had some monster games, but I think I just loved TMac too much and Hudson seemed to shoot way more than he should've been, maybe it's just my memory being bad or something.

Main point is, Garrity dunked on the leading shot blocker in the league at the time, and to go along with Osprey's thread about dunks or passes, it definitely got me out of my seat.

Man, I just watched that Garrity dunk on Dalembert 6 times and can't stop laughing. Yes, in his last couple seasons, Pat sucked, but he doesn't belong on the list.

Oh, and Pat Burke > Stephen Hunter (kid was made of glass).