Sign in to follow this  
AcuWill

I feel like I lost something special

Dunno about you guys, but I feel like I lost something special with Jameer's injury. We were all talk about championships and the like, I really truely believed we had as good of a chance as any other team.

Now?? The absolute best that I can think of is getting to ECF, but I think that is a stretch tbh.

Dunno about you guys, but I feel like I lost something special with Jameer's injury. We were all talk about championships and the like, I really truely believed we had as good of a chance as any other team.

Now?? The absolute best that I can think of is getting to ECF, but I think that is a stretch tbh.

I do kind of feel like the wind has been taken out of our sails a bit, but I'm still holding out for a possible comeback or the rest of the team stepping up.

I have the same feeling, without Jameer they are just a good team. With him they are an elite team that can be anyone in the league.I think it's just going to be a stuggle once we hit the playoffs and we may have to play the Cavs or the Celtics. I think it would be a huge accomplishment for this team if it somehow made the Eastern Conference Finals.

Magic---sig.png

yeah - its definitely a different feeling. No longer that "dream season" we were having. I know people will say you're less than a fan if you don't display faux-confidence right now, but that was a huge blow to our chances at anything.

I guess I can admit it as well lol but I am heartbroken by this injury, depressed as any Magic fan out there. Its so sad because of the year he was having, the all-star weekend, and the Orlando Magic. I was at the game he got injured and nobody really seemed to noticed how it happened we just all saw him run holding his arm and shoulder down straight to the locker room. I though we'd lose him for a month or so but not the rest of the season...well there is always next year but I'm not giving up this year and neither should Magic Nation.

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-

You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

"No, Jameer's just going to rehab, and he'll be back in a few weeks!"

2. PAIN & GUILT-

As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

"Something bad happens every time I go to a game!" "The Magic deserve this for treating fans bad at the Animal Kingdom event!"

3. ANGER & BARGAINING-

Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just bring him back")

"What the hell is Otis doing? He's got to get us a PG! What a dope!"

4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-

Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

"The season's over...what do we care?"

5. THE UPWARD TURN-

As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.

"Wait, AJ just had 25 and we won big. Maybe this is going to be ok!"

6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-

As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

"Oh, man. Well I guess there was really no magic deal for Otis to make. Ok, maybe there's a way to make this work."

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-

During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

"You know what...it is what it is. We were maybe 15% to win the title, now we're 5%. It's ok, maybe we can groom CLee to be a backup PG and win a round or maybe 2 in the playoffs. Life goes on, and we've still got 3-5 years of being a solid contender to come.

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-

You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

"No, Jameer's just going to rehab, and he'll be back in a few weeks!"

2. PAIN & GUILT-

As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

"Something bad happens every time I go to a game!" "The Magic deserve this for treating fans bad at the Animal Kingdom event!"

3. ANGER & BARGAINING-

Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just bring him back")

"What the hell is Otis doing? He's got to get us a PG! What a dope!"

4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-

Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

"The season's over...what do we care?"

5. THE UPWARD TURN-

As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.

"Wait, AJ just had 25 and we won big. Maybe this is going to be ok!"

6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-

As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

"Oh, man. Well I guess there was really no magic deal for Otis to make. Ok, maybe there's a way to make this work."

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-

During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

"You know what...it is what it is. We were maybe 15% to win the title, now we're 5%. It's ok, maybe we can groom CLee to be a backup PG and win a round or maybe 2 in the playoffs. Life goes on, and we've still got 3-5 years of being a solid contender to come.

I really like these essay type posts..Nice one..