Sign in to follow this  
no_ma'am

A-Rod

Whoever leaked that should be punched in the face. Now one of the best players ever will forever have a tainted legacy. I'm willing to bet that at some point at least 75% of the players in MLB took/take steroids. I can't stand how people and the media lead witch hunts on the games best especially considering how long they ignored it when it was good for baseball. Steroids didn't make A-rod one of the best, not buying it. I never will buy it.

When someone can tell me how taking steroids helps your eye and hand coordination to help hit curveballs and 98 MPH fastballs let me know. I could take steroids and train every day for a year and CC Sebathia would still school me. Do steroids give you more power? Of course, but A-Rod isn't great because he gained some strength.

Unless you're going to discount every single player that played during this era, you can't continue to bash the big names. How can you taint Bonds and A-Rod when you don't know how many other hitters and pitchers were doing it? As I said earlier, I think steroids were pretty common in most club houses, so I just don't give a sht about it.

The funny thing about all of this is the most popular sport in this country, football, has a much bigger steroid problem, but you never hear about it? I wonder why..? Kind of hypocritcal isn't it? If it wasn't for the stupid obession with records in baseball, most people wouldn't even care.

Football and baseball suck and they're all a bunch of pussi.es that shoot up steroids.

Well, this is only one of the MANY reasons that I just do not care for baseball. It is sad that baseball coverage completely monopolizes the Summer sports scene. Plus, isn't it crazy that the more boring of all spectator sports has the most games?

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Well, this is only one of the MANY reasons that I just do not care for baseball. It is sad that baseball coverage completely monopolizes the Summer sports scene. Plus, isn't it crazy that the more boring of all spectator sports has the most games?

soccer, nascar (if you can even consider it a sport), golf and wnba are all more boring than baseball.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Whoever leaked that should be punched in the face. Now one of the best players ever will forever have a tainted legacy. I'm willing to bet that at some point at least 75% of the players in MLB took/take steroids. I can't stand how people and the media lead witch hunts on the games best especially considering how long they ignored it when it was good for baseball. Steroids didn't make A-rod one of the best, not buying it. I never will buy it.

When someone can tell me how taking steroids helps your eye and hand coordination to help hit curveballs and 98 MPH fastballs let me know. I could take steroids and train every day for a year and CC Sebathia would still school me. Do steroids give you more power? Of course, but A-Rod isn't great because he gained some strength.

Unless you're going to discount every single player that played during this era, you can't continue to bash the big names. How can you taint Bonds and A-Rod when you don't know how many other hitters and pitchers were doing it? As I said earlier, I think steroids were pretty common in most club houses, so I just don't give a sht about it.

The funny thing about all of this is the most popular sport in this country, football, has a much bigger steroid problem, but you never hear about it? I wonder why..? Kind of hypocritcal isn't it? If it wasn't for the stupid obession with records in baseball, most people wouldn't even care.

Cheating is ok because everyone does it?

Here is the problem not just with A-Rod but baseball as a whole (which I still really enjoy).

They prop guys like McGwire and Sosa up and we consider them heros when obviously they were on roids. We then 4 or 5 years later are supposed to be outraged that we are just finding this out now. I have no doubts that everyone from top to bottom new about roids including Bud Selig. This whole outrage over it from baseball and the media is a joke.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

soccer, nascar (if you can even consider it a sport), golf and wnba are all more boring than baseball.

Ok, I'll agree with you on soccer, golf, and the WNBA. NASCAR can be very entertaining. Actually the reason I would put NASCAR over baseball is because of the level of access the fans have to NASCAR drivers. Plus, the fan appreciation that NASCAR provides is unparalleled. Meanwhile, most baseball players are divas, brats, jerks, or all three.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok, I'll agree with you on soccer, golf, and the WNBA. NASCAR can be very entertaining. Actually the reason I would put NASCAR over baseball is because of the level of access the fans have to NASCAR drivers. Plus, the fan appreciation that NASCAR provides is unparalleled. Meanwhile, most baseball players are divas, brats, jerks, or all three.

it's hard during regular games, but a lot of the guys are accessible during spring training...there are some dicks, but that's in any sport.

i just can't consider watching people drive cars exciting...no matter how fast they go.

he just admitted it. He's owning what he did and that's the best move imo. Andy Petitte's use of steroids is forgotten...obviously arod is the better player, but it was certainly his best move.

quote:

he just admitted it. He's owning what he did and that's the best move imo. Andy Petitte's use of steroids is forgotten...obviously arod is the better player, but it was certainly his best move.

Wow. Isn't he the first guy since Giambi to actually admit it? I know it doesn't make it right or any more forgivable, but this is still better than seeing Bonds and Clemens play the pitiful "deny" game.