Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

It's official...Magic trade Keith Bogans for Tyronn Lue(pg.15)

idk, there have been a lot of rumors about them moving sessions and CV lately, as far as I know, Sessions has been "available" since late December'ish...Sessions was supposedly having problems with Skiles or vice versa, now with Redd out he's getting a ton of minutes and playing very well...but with Bogut out for possibly the rest of the season along with Redd, they might want to tank it...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Professor Hollinger on Sessions:

quote:

Scouting report: As if it weren't obvious from the assist totals, Sessions has outstanding court vision and is a pass-first guy who likes to drive and dish. He's neither a great athlete nor a great shooter, but he rebounds well for his position and made surprisingly few mistakes for a rookie point guard. Defensively, he appears to have the size to guard the position but may be challenged to stay in front of quicker guards.

2008-09 outlook: Sessions starts the year in a three-way competition with Luke Ridnour and Tyronn Lue for the point guard job; while Ridnour appears to have the upper hand for the opening day assignment, there's no way Sessions won't steal the job if he plays the way he did at the end of last season. At worst, he's a capable backup who can get the ball to the right spots, and the upside is that he might turn out to be much, much more.

Get this...he only makes 722,000 and has a PER of 16.40.

You think the Bucks would trade a guy who is playing that well for them so cheaply?

They certainly need a shooting guard...I would say J.J. might do it but I'm not sure J.J. would fit the Scott Skiles mold...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/hollinger?playerId=3231

The Bucks are looking to move him, because they know that they can't afford him and Charlie V after this season, and it was reported that the Bucks plan on resigning Charlie V over Sessions this summer.

So I think if we trade a player and our 09 1st round draft pick, that we might have a deal.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:

quote:

Scouting report: As if it weren't obvious from the assist totals, Sessions has outstanding court vision and is a pass-first guy who likes to drive and dish. He's neither a great athlete nor a great shooter, but he rebounds well for his position and made surprisingly few mistakes for a rookie point guard. Defensively, he appears to have the size to guard the position but may be challenged to stay in front of quicker guards.

2008-09 outlook: Sessions starts the year in a three-way competition with Luke Ridnour and Tyronn Lue for the point guard job; while Ridnour appears to have the upper hand for the opening day assignment, there's no way Sessions won't steal the job if he plays the way he did at the end of last season. At worst, he's a capable backup who can get the ball to the right spots, and the upside is that he might turn out to be much, much more.

You think the Bucks would trade a guy who is playing that well for them so cheaply?

They certainly need a shooting guard...I would say J.J. might do it but I'm not sure J.J. would fit the Scott Skiles mold...

The Bucks are looking to move him, because they know that they can't afford him and Charlie V after this season, and it was reported that the Bucks plan on resigning Charlie V over Sessions this summer.

So I think if we trade a player and our 09 1st round draft pick , that we might have a deal.

well there goes that idea...

Lets all take notice to what the word indefinately means.....pietrus was listed the same with his fractured wrist ...and hes back playing just as good as before already. Nelson is going to require surgury no doubt about it. With that comes recovery time, I say let nelson get his surgury , continue to rehab and see if we cant get him back by playoff time.

Even if he doest come back , i realy dont think adding another sub par pointguard to the mix will fix or make anything better. Otis is right we do have the pieces to cover down for him. We just got to step our game up. Lee, Reddick, AJ , Turk....to be exact

Dont worry nelson we can get the ball up the court, it just a matter of filling your assist and scoring shoes...i see AJ, and Lee, and JJ are trying and they did a dang good job lastnight...

Wait it out magic fans, DONT CHANGE ANY PERSONELL!

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So I think if we trade a player and our 09 1st round draft pick , that we might have a deal.

Why is that?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why is that?

Otis will not trade 1st round draft picks. You can bank on that.

quote:

we're not moving draft pics...

If Nelson is out for the year, then Otis will have to cough up a draft pick for a good PG. If he plans on competing for a title this year.

The one thing to remember is Otis is quoted as saying "we'll be solving next year's problem this year." As in, he intended to get another PG next year, possibly in the draft. If he can turn that draft pick into a player, that works, right? I envision this to mean 1 of 2 things: either Anthony Johnson is Courtney Lee's placeholder at the back-up 1 spot, just as Foyle was Gortat's fill-in, or he will now look to bring in a young PG with consideration towards the future.

quote:

quote:

we're not moving draft pics...

If Nelson is out for the year, then Otis will have to cough up a draft pick for a good PG. If he plans on competing for a title this year.

i disagree...if we're talking about using Johnson and Lee, and there are rumors of bringing aboard Lue and Atkins, I think we're budget shopping big time...I dont think we will solve our long term backup PG situation this season...

Not that Sessions has alot of impact on any trade (dunno if he does or not), but I'd say that him playing REALLY well on a team with the potential to bring home the hardware would positively affect his paycheck if he's a FA next year.....

Anyone think I'm wrong on this?

He arranges a trade for him and Bogans swapping, he comes here and fills in for Meer (who hopefully could then just get the surgery and come back next year ready to merk everyone), makes it pretty deep in the playoffs (ECF or better, hopefully), and then cashes in come Free Agency.....

He gets the recognition/money he's probably after, we get that servicable PG who can pick up where Jameer left off......Sounds like win/win to him...

And if they want more than Bogans, they can have Cookie too

Our first round pick is not that valuable b/c it is so low ... around pick 27. Meanwhile, Sessions is playing like he's a top 10 pick. So, imo, a first and an expiring doesn't land us Sessions.

My guess is it would take JJ and a first to land Sessions. Something like M. Allen and Sessions for Redick and a first. Now would you guys do that?