Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Jameer Has Torn Labrum, Timetable Uncertain

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I changed the title because it is scary to just come in here and think that is the official time out...

We have to wait and see

You should change the title to...

It's Official: OMMB Members Fail at Reading Comprehension

Kyler did not say that Jameer would be out 6weeks to three months.

quote:
The normal recovery time for a sever dislocated shoulder can range anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months. Jameer will undergo more testing tomorrow, he is not expected back for the Magic anytime soon.

He doesn't say the injury to Jameer is sever, only that a sever dislocated shoulder can take 6 weeks to 3 months to heal.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

ROFLMAO...Go check the Kyler thread....he changed his stance fro 6 weeks to 3 months to 3 weeks to 12 weeks. Trying to cover his tail now. Just love how this guy jumps the gun then takes a lot of heat then back tracks. Anything can be 3 to 12 weeks. Why not just say anything form a game time decision to out until next season.

No he didn't... again, reading comprehension people.

quote:
Jameer Nelson will have an MRI tomorrow and at that time a course of action will be determined. Jameer had his arm immobilized and said he was not feeling any pain. The best case scenario 3 week to 12 weeks if no surgery is required.

Best case scenario 3 to 12 weeks. Sever injury, 6 weeks to 3 months. Why is this so difficult?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Maybe Jameer will go Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon, and pop it back in tonight.

I hope its just a week. We could go the home stand with out him, but Otis has to be alarmed and he has to make some kind of move to get a 3rd PG. A PG that already knows the system. I know of one....

Carlos Arroyo anyone?

Carlos Arroyo, hmmmm, let me think for a second. How about we bring back Pat Garrity as we could use PF help and Brian Hill could be a good addition - I think that trio would get a lot of people excited. I would rather go with Battie at the starting PG position.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

Talk about a true warrior....

Nelson's quote from ESPN:

"I can still shoot with my other arm," Nelson joked afterward, his arm in a sling. "I don't know what happened. I just got hit to the floor. We don't know how bad it is yet, so we'll wait and see."

Nelson

I would take Nelson over Arroyo with one arm and even one eye. And a shaved head and playing barefoot. I would take Nelson with ankle weights. Sorry, I have always been a Nelson fan knowing he was capable of what he is doing now and he is still capable of more - he has not peaked yet. He is showing up though.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Maybe Jameer will go Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon, and pop it back in tonight.

This was my first thought! Isn't this a simple procedure? You just slam your shoulder against something and get back to kicking tail!

Do you think Stephon Marbery would be a good fit? It would keep him away from Eastern rivals Boston and Miami. He used to play with a big man like Dwight in KG during the Minnesota days. He could be out to prove the critics.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicalfan4ever:

Do you think Stephon Marbery would be a good fit? It would keep him away from Eastern rivals Boston and Miami. He used to play with a big man like Dwight in KG during the Minnesota days. He could be out to prove the critics.

Hang on, here's the rest of this conversation.

"No. Stephon Marbury is a shoot first point guard who has seen teams get better when he leaves"

"But he's better than AJ"

"That doesn't mean bringing in a known locker room cancer is a good idea"

"You really think he can't contribute"

"I think there is a reason why the Knicks are paying him 20 million dollars to not play."

"But he'll probably want to prove his critics wrong"

"By shooting the ball a lot. There is a theme in Stephon's career. He's got a lot of talent, but he's also selfish, with little basketball IQ to speak of."

"I can't believe you're such a hater."

"I can't believe you're such an idiot"

I just saved a bunch of people like 20 posts. You're all welcome.

From what I know about Marbury's game, the system that D'Antoni runs is the absolute perfect system for him.

If Marbury can't get any run in that system, then he shouldn't get run anywhere.

Big surprise coming...it means that the issue with Marbury has nothing to do with what he does on the court.

Steve Francis and Marbury are the same, except I'd take back Francis way before I would want to see Marbury in a Magic uni. And I'd eat glass everyday over seeing Francis return.

Steve Blake recently separated his shoulder running into I believe a Reggie Evans pick. At first they said he'd miss 2-4 weeks. He came back early after about 12 days only to run into a Brian Skinner screen and re-injure the same shoulder. Hopefully meer has a quick recovery and they figure something out other than AJ bringing the ball up the court for the whole game. I hate watching him take 20 seconds just to get down court and then they have to rush up a shot

This is from the comments section at the bottom of Kyler's Morning Report:

quote:

posted by Johnny, 3 February 2009 8:40:46 AM

Steve, if Otis go out and get us a point guard now who or whom do you see getting traded? I feel sorry for Otis. Looks like all the deals he could have consumated to fix this problem already are gonna come back to bite him. Especially in light of the fact he'll have to bargain from a position of weakness instead of strength.

quote:

posted by Steve Kyler, 3 February 2009 8:56:29 AM

Otis was a ghost after the injury, we went looking for him, even requested him from PR but nadda... Stan said he an Otis were on the same page, and cautioned that you have to make the right deal - the group of us last night kicked around the names of guys possible - Eddie Gill was the option prior to Mike Wilks and he's doing well in the D-League, Will Conroy is killing it in the d-league - both are very inexpensive bench options... if jameer is absolutely out for a long period od time the Magic might have to go find a starter - hence Jamaal Tinsley, whihc we all thought was a reach, but injuries create necessity... Earl Watson and even Shaun Livingston might be viable... I think it comes down to cost... I think Brian Cook and JJ could get you an audience with Charlotte for Raymond Felton - your likely giving up a draft pick which Otis says he won't do... I think we'll know more today once a prognosis is out there.

I'll even throw another name ur way...Jason Williams...the Sentinel is touting him this morning even suggesting he lives right here in Orlando.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11421