Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Jameer Has Torn Labrum, Timetable Uncertain

I now wish Clee had played more PG at WKU.....He can definitely handle the ball just not sure he can in the NBA as a PG for long stretches.....Its going to take CLee and other guys stepping up to replace Nelson...

I believe that Jameer should shut it down. We have him for a good many more years and I would hate that this would effect next season or his career.

I also think that if he guts it out at less than 100%, hes really not gonna be a factor for us this year and surgery could affect his timetable for next year.

Im all for getting one of those D-Leaguers that are hungry and can help us. Start AJ and then bring in one of them for 15-20 minutes. He may take time to learn the system, but a true PG knows how to feed the big guy and the others and I still think we can flourish.

My best to Jameer and a wish to be completely healthy for next season

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

SURGERYYYYYYYY. AHHHHHH,

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-nelson-injury-update,0,3257565.story

I am really upset about this - for the Magic to take it all they needed Jameer to really step up and he was starting to do it. This just sucks! That takes us out of contention. The Magic are still good, but we needed Jameer to compete with the elite.

Disappointing. Does mean Otis has to make a move - should be interesting, but Jameer is our guy and without him we just can't get past some of these teams like LA, Boston, etc.

Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I go to the games - I know that if we are in trouble that Jameer can always go off like he has many times and just turn a game around. And, I loved when he would just go off and take over a game. We don't have that weapon anymore. Hedo, Lewis, and Dwight are great players, but they don't have that same thing Nelson had in being able to take over a game.

Howard can dominate a game and you could say take over, but it isn't the same thing as Jameer taking over. Hedo and Lewis can be very good, but only Jameer really has the potential of being a one man wrecking crew and when he takes over he sets everyone else up and the Magic can really dominate.

It is going to be tough to watch the Magic knowing you no longer have a guy who can take over at will. We have some good players in Hedo, Lewis, Howard, Lee, Pietrus and some decent backups ... I am just disappointed.

I applaud you all with the photos and comments - I think you captured how I and many feel with this major blow.

quote:
Originally posted by Bauncey Chillups:

In the meantime, Hedo's gonna have to step things up tenfold as point forward. Hell, I hope everyone on the team takes this to heart and plays out of their minds for the rest of the year.

Hedo's numbers have been down this year because he's had to differ to Nelson's emergence as an all-star. If Hedo does a great job and averages more points he will drive up his asking price this summer. This sucks from every angle magic faithful.

I like how the article says "Magic's Jameer Nelson to have shoulder surgery, likely out for season" but when you go to comment it goes to "Nelson injury reveals a torn right labrum, now weighing surgery", way to deceive me into a small bout of depression Orlando Sentinel. I guess I should expect this level(of lack there of) of journalism from the OS by now.

Yes he needs surgery eventually, but that doesn't mean he's done for the season.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jameer will decide to rehab and try to come back for the playoffs..

I can't see him having the surgery if it is even remotely possible for him to return.

quote:
Originally posted by dullalive:

Man this sucks.

It's funny though, people lose their minds and want to trade for a big name PG.

Like Jameer isn't coming back for the end of the season (wishfull thinking) or the next one.

We definately need a pg for 20 minutes a game.

That's a back up PG. A trade including Cook, JJ and Foyle(is he still on the roster?) should do it.

I don't see a D-league player or a free agent helping us on a side note.

The idea of Johnson starting at the point sounds bad, so I say start Pietrus at the point (for now). Yes, no Lee but Pietrus.

I expect to see the point forward Hedo more next games. (resulting in funny games)

Without Jameer this team is almost as good as last season. A decent PG should lead this team to at least the second round.

Man this sucks!

Wow talking about losing one's mind Pietrus at Point the guy has a problem dribbling the ball and you want to put him at Point.

Ok another problem Foyle's contract you can't trade him without his approval some veterans do have that right and he does. Cook no real value. Redick has improved his value, but Otis keeps saying he isn't trading him and then you have Bogans expiring contract the only real value on the team you forgot to mention that.

But all things considered IMO Otis signs a FA if he does anything. If playing Hedo and Lee besides AJ works then everything changes.

I haven't said this yet, but Steve Kyler and the Orlando Sentinel seriously both need proverbial kicks in the shins. He may have surgery and may be out for the rest of the season. Or he could be back in a month, month and a half. The only thing that's confirmed is that Jameer will need surgery at some point.

Way to dump the uncertain truth for a certainly dramatic headline, boys.