Sign in to follow this  
chrisinboston

Thanks Refs....

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

how do you remember Hickson and refer to AV the flop master as another guy? shame shame shame...

Anderson Varagirl and Womanu Ginobli are an embarrassment. The league needs to quit talking and actually DO something about the flopping this off-season.

yea, ain't happening...with the number of euro players coming over only rising, the art of the flop has firmly ingrained itself into the fabric of NBA basketball...3 years now of discussing the flop and where are we? not even so much as a rumble from the front office this season about it...

i didn't think it was AV, it could have been, i was probably just angry at the call i blacked out... i was at the game at the other end of the floor so all i saw was flop and i started yelling.

quote:

with the number of euro players coming over only rising, the art of the flop has firmly ingrained itself into the fabric of NBA basketball

Why is everyone assuming it's just the european players that flop? I suppose you know that Ginobili is from Argentina and Varejao is from Brazil.... OK, Gasol is from Spain - and he's definitely a flopper. But there's also Chris Bosh, Robert Horry, Raja Bell... and don't forget the flop of all flops by Baron Davis.

I'm not saying flopping is ok - it's NOT! Floppers are ruining the game IMHO. But it's wrong to say that it's just the europeans. Unfortunately it's become a "trend" everywhere.

How can they talk about them not getting calls? LeBron was fouled by Jameer clearly on the floor. However, after a bit of whining and seeing that LeBron is stronger and dragged Jameer down the lane, he got the continuation call and two shots. That was crap. The only thing more confusing was that he made that shot and they didn't give him an And 1 call.

quote:
Originally posted by Sebi:

quote:

with the number of euro players coming over only rising, the art of the flop has firmly ingrained itself into the fabric of NBA basketball

Why is everyone assuming it's just the european players that flop? I suppose you know that Ginobili is from Argentina and Varejao is from Brazil.... OK, Gasol is from Spain - and he's definitely a flopper. But there's also Chris Bosh, Robert Horry, Raja Bell... and don't forget the flop of all flops by Baron Davis.

I'm not saying flopping is ok - it's NOT! Floppers are ruining the game IMHO. But it's wrong to say that it's just the europeans. Unfortunately it's become a "trend" everywhere.

naw, I just assumed every player not born in the US is from Europe...it's a generalization...the Euro's that began to flood the game in the early to mid 90's brought over that style of play slowly, before the flood gates opened, there wasn't near as much flopping in the game and the minute amount wasn't given near the attention it is now, you know when basketball was more physical...

either way, there are a lot of players from all over that have adapted to this style of play...it's the nature of any game now, it's called evolution...the flop is evolved and very much a part of the game today, sadly...

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew:

How can they talk about them not getting calls? LeBron was fouled by Jameer clearly on the floor. However, after a bit of whining and seeing that LeBron is stronger and dragged Jameer down the lane, he got the continuation call and two shots. That was crap. The only thing more confusing was that he made that shot and they didn't give him an And 1 call.

wasn't really confusing at all...Jameer fouled him on a shot attempt, after the contact LeBron traveled on the continuation negating any shot attempt.

The day that refs are making calls benefitting us instead of Lebron on a nationally televised game on purpose is the day that we should all repent because the end of the world is near. I saw just as many karate chops on Dwight as there was contact against Lebron.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

The day that refs are making calls benefitting us instead of Lebron on a nationally televised game on purpose is the day that we should all repent because the end of the world is near. I saw just as many karate chops on Dwight as there was contact against Lebron.

karate chops? mike brown would like a word with you.

mikebrown5.jpg

I loved that bit on the Daily Dime about the complaining. Way too much of that going on.

Also, didn't at all care for just how far Mike Brown was allowed to wander onto the court the entire game. He was easily three feet onto the court when the teams were on his end of the court!

Matthew....I love the sig photo of the Warlock doing some training with freakin bears!

Also, I have to say that Bauncey Chillips is one of the better user names I've seen in a while.

If Mike Brown was a player, he would have gotten ejected. There was no reason for him to be that far out on the court.