Sign in to follow this  
Aron-Ingi

Magic Nets talking trade..

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Well, in reality....

Trade rumor = more hits for Hoopsworld

Hopefully this thing actually has some legs though.

Exactly...

They get all there information from ESPN.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I'd jump on the Bogans for Najera deal in a second. The Nets get an expiring contract and Orlando gets a veteran hustle forward who knows how to commit a hard foul.

And here is another plus to all of this Najera's contract is only guaranteed for this season and next the last two years of his contract are not.

Something to sink your teeth into when thinking about trading Bogans for him.

Where do you see that at? I checked hoopshype and they don't show any team or player options for the last 2 yrs. They show 3.4 this year, 3.1 next, 2.8 the following, 2.6 the final year.

quote:

So this was in the "Morning Report"...

The Orlando Magic were said to be talking to New Jersey about Eduardo Najera , again the Magic are not sellers, they are buyers

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

The Orlando Magic were said to be talking to New Jersey about Eduardo Najera , again the Magic are not sellers, they are buyers

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Not sure how many teams are going to call Otis and ask about Bogans or Cook though.

Yeah. We definitely should be sellers of these two, if not Battie, Foyle, and Wilkes as well.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Not sure how many teams are going to call Otis and ask about Bogans or Cook though.

Yeah. We definitely should be sellers of these two, if not Battie, Foyle, and Wilkes as well.

I really don't see a difference other than Otis calling a team to say "is so and so available", rather than calling and saying "we have so and so available".

Six of one, half dozen of another, so to speak.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Goulet:

Dont do it. Najera is on the decline. Who wants to be paying Najera 4 mill a year when he is 35. Save the money, sign hedo, sign a decent back up point, and sign a first round pick whether it be a point guard or even a guy like Tyler Hansbrough who could fall to us and is similar in many ways to Najera but 8 years younger and 2.5 mil cheaper.

Najera's contract is frontloaded meaning the money gets less each year not more. Najera is not going to be earning 4 million his max is this year around 3.5.

Oh thanks, i didnt know that. Well thats interesting. He still will make 12 mil over the 4 years of the contract and I dont think we will commit that much money to him consider the other things we want to get done and try to stay under the luxury tax.

quote:

quote:

I know I'm going to get the 3rd degree on this one but how bout bogans/cook and whatever for williams and simmons? Williams is 6'10 or 6'11 and can match up with KG and Wallace and simmons is a tough defender that can easily guard pierce or whoever. Any thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by Magicjunky:

I know I'm going to get the 3rd degree on this one but how bout bogans/cook and whatever for williams and simmons? Williams is 6'10 or 6'11 and can match up with KG and Wallace and simmons is a tough defender that can easily guard pierce or whoever. Any thoughts?

My only thoughts are that there's a reason why Williams can't get off the bench, and that Simmons makes 10m next season.