Sign in to follow this  
John the Jerk

Marcin Gortat

This is not a bash Marcin thread but lets talk about our PF/C Project.

I've noticed Marcin is a good defensive rebounder.

It looks like he bobbles alot of offensive rebounds. He is successful at just tapping the ball back out to the top of the key, However sometimes when he looks like he's got a clean offensive rebound I'd just like to see him Rip it down.

We've seen he has the Athletic ability to sky but most of his blocks are just well timed and we really haven't seen any KONG Blocks out of him. I know a block is a block but I wanna see some of those ups.

I feel much more confident with Marcin comming off the bench than Battie, not sure why we traded for him for Drew Gooden?

This is not a bash Marcin thread but lets talk about our PF/C Project.

I've noticed Marcin is a good defensive rebounder.

It looks like he bobbles alot of offensive rebounds. He is successful at just tapping the ball back out to the top of the key, However sometimes when he looks like he's got a clean offensive rebound I'd just like to see him Rip it down.

We've seen he has the Athletic ability to sky but most of his blocks are just well timed and we really haven't seen any KONG Blocks out of him. I know a block is a block but I wanna see some of those ups.

I feel much more confident with Marcin comming off the bench than Battie, not sure why we traded for him for Drew Gooden?

I have to agree with the "bobbles alot of offensive boards" comment. I've seen him crash the boards and have the rebound right in his hand, only to for whatever reason send it to the backcourt or bobble it in the air a few times. He needs to just grab it and bring it down with him, which could possibly draw a few fouls as well with guys taking swipes at the ball.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

what's the point of sending the ball out of bounds on a block? I actually wish dwight would do that less.

Sorry I guess I worded that wrong. I meant Really going up for a block when the ball is already out of the players hand (ALA Dwight on Weakside Help). He seems to get most of his blocks in 1 on 1 situations. I Guess I want more Agression with the weakside help.

quote:
Originally posted by John the Jerk:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

what's the point of sending the ball out of bounds on a block? I actually wish dwight would do that less.

Sorry I guess I worded that wrong. I meant Really going up for a block when the ball is already out of the players hand (ALA Dwight on Weakside Help). He seems to get most of his blocks in 1 on 1 situations. I Guess I want more Agression with the weakside help.

i see...it's hard to get the timing right on those. Very few players can block shots the way dwight does.

quote:

As much as its boring to watch, thats what you actually call a good block. Swatting it away to the outside of the court doesn't give you the opportunity to run.