Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Game Thread: Magic vs. Celtics 1/22/09

We will lose if:

-Jameer doesn't make an appearance

-Dwight doesn't start focusing on defense

-Rashard doesn't start hitting 3's

-We keep giving easy offensive rebounds

You are free to use "AND" or "OR" between these 4 statements.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Where the hell is our All Star center with 3 million votes? How worthless he can be on offense some nights is just frustrating.

I can't see us overcoming 11 points in the 4th. Celtics are too good, maybe if we played a team thats not a shutdown defensive team...but it's not happening.

on the bench trying to shake Perkins, Davis, Scalabrine and KG out of his head, he's haunted right now...

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Here come the: "This is what the Magic look like when their three's aren't falling. Like I said, pretenders."

Can you argue it though? We've been shut down by the Celtics in both games, should we really expect to beat them in a 7 game series? I still think this team is better moving Lewis to SF, and having a real PF to help Dwight. Hedo can be great on offense some nights, but he's a liability guarding guys like Pierce, Granger, LeBron, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

and to think, if Nelson and Dwight we;re playing even close to this last month's form, we'd probably be up a good 5 points or so...Celtics were totally prepared for this one...Doc Rivers is so lucky Tom Thibodeau has taken over the team as head coach

Agreed.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

and to think, if Nelson and Dwight we;re playing even close to this last month's form, we'd probably be up a good 5 points or so...Celtics were totally prepared for this one...Doc Rivers is so lucky Tom Thibodeau has taken over the team as head coach

Agreed.

pretty much what I meant, every C's game I watch he's up and down the court more than Doc...

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

Here come the: "This is what the Magic look like when their three's aren't falling. Like I said, pretenders."

Can you argue it though? We've been shut down by the Celtics in both games, should we really expect to beat them in a 7 game series? I still think this team is better moving Lewis to SF, and having a real PF to help Dwight. Hedo can be great on offense some nights, but he's a liability guarding guys like Pierce, Granger, LeBron, etc.

Sorry but I don't credit the Celtics defense to making us miss open threes. In a 7 game series, I wouldn't be confident in a win or loss; but I would be shocked if we shot this poorly consistently.

Magic shot 32% in the first half, season low. We are still in the game despite that. But, we won't stay this close too long if we don't turn it up.