Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

Jameer wins NBA Player of the Week Award AGAIN! (link)

quote:
Originally posted by OnlyIntelPosts:

I don't think Jameer Nelson is going to be an all-star this year. If Hedo didnt get selected last year, with all his game winners, and late 4th quarter heroics, not to mention his almost 20 5 5 stats, what makes you guys think jameer or rashard is gonna go?

Hedo had to compete with LeBron James, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, etc. to compete with. This year Jameer has....................... There really isnt many other people to take his place. Devin Harris is good, but hard to put ahead of one of the best team in the NBAs starting PG and floor leader. Rondo would be a joke to put ahead of Jameer...

I really expect to see Jameer out there sporting the Utah Jazz looking All Star jersey!

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:

I don't think Jameer Nelson is going to be an all-star this year. If Hedo didnt get selected last year, with all his game winners, and late 4th quarter heroics, not to mention his almost 20 5 5 stats, what makes you guys think jameer or rashard is gonna go?

Exactly..

Hedo had to compete with LeBron James, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, etc. to compete with. This year Jameer has....................... There really isnt many other people to take his place. Devin Harris is good, but hard to put ahead of one of the best team in the NBAs starting PG and floor leader. Rondo would be a joke to put ahead of Jameer...

I really expect to see Jameer out there sporting the Utah Jazz looking All Star jersey!

Jameer Nelson is going against guards, not just point guards. And since there are only 4 guard spots, i think im not sure though, i can name four locked positions, Allen Iverson, Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, and Devin Harris. That means Jameer has to get a wild card selection, which means he probably wont get it. I wish he would, but they should give him a chance at something, like the 3 pt contest, or the skills challenge.

quote:

i think im not sure though, i can name four locked positions, Allen Iverson, Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, and Devin Harris.

How in the ever-loving snowballs do you give the nod to Devin Harris over Nelson?

Nelson has contributed SIGNIFICANTLY to the success of our team, he's an ALL-STAR. Harris has played great on a crappy team. That's not being an All-Star, that's just having individual stats.

The bench is not chosen based on popularity like the starters, they're chosen based on performance and results.

Hence: Nelson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harris

If they play it the way they have been for years, then Harris will get "snubbed" in favor of Nelson because the coaches have a huge boner for teams at the top of the standings.

Geez guys, let's not get homer-ific.

Before two weeks ago, Devin Harris was CLEARLY ahead of every Eastern point or combo guard in production. Head and shoulders above Iverson, Rondo, or Jameer. Jameer and Rondo were pretty much neck and neck. That's why I was more sure Rashard would make the team over Jameer, because Iverson's stealing a guard spot he doesn't even deserve based off of this season, and I thought Iverson and Harris were likely to be the "point" guards.

But after the past two weeks, things have changed dramatically. The Magic have won 7 in a row, including 3 division leaders on the road, Jameer's been the #1 Magic hero for most of it, and at the same time Harris has been "ehh" coming back from injury and even got benched along with Vince Carter in the entire second half of a game recently!

If Jameer's a horse, then he's hard charging down the stretch, he's left Rondo in the dust, and is now neck-and-neck with Harris, which seemed impossible just about a month ago.

The Magic's outstanding record and the hard-charging performances of Rashard and Jameer are very likely to get them both in, as well as Danny Granger. Harris might be getting himself on the outside looking in.

But don't say Jameer's had Harris beat this whole year, that's just silly.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Holy crap Sky, great sig!

Holy crap great sig is right. I am stealing it if you don't make me a sig. I am too noobish to do something like that. Pleeeease?

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

If they play it the way they have been for years, then Harris will get "snubbed" in favor of Nelson because the coaches have a huge boner for teams at the top of the standings.

How do you know they have huge boners?