Sign in to follow this  
richnba

Will Brian make adjustments?

I'd like to see them both gone or given a different position in the organization. Jameer can back up the water boy and Hill can become a distributor for Amway. Gotta love Jameer at the beginning of the 3rd quarter driving in from the wing and passing it to a Piston. Way to set the tempo.

They are so pathetic. The sad thing is because we made the playoffs, we are stuck with them next season. 2007-2008 will be just a repeat of this season.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by nate dizzy:

I just don't see the substitution problems that you guys are talking about. The reasons we lost are FT shooting and TO's. Unless Dwight and the boys start to hit FT's and take care of the ball, we will be gone in 4. Get off Brian's jock.

It's like this Nate. Our starters played 10 1/2 minutes together in the first quarter and 10 1/2 minutes together in the 3rd quarter, without a single substitution. Care to guess what the score was of those two quarters combined?

58-40

We were outscored by 18 points in those two quarters and our coach souldn't seem to find a reason to change things up a bit.

Hill is notorious for not making proper substitutions, rotations and adjustments. This game was a key example of how he seems to forget that substitutions can alter the momentum of a game.

I have tired of his two different units on the court. A first unit that plays together during the 1st and 3rd quarters, and a completely different unit comprised of 4-5 different players that will play the majority of the 2nd and 4th quarters (until crunch time). It's ridiculous.

very good post. I agree 100%. I never understand why BHill doesn't like to make substitutions in the 1st and 3rd periods... for some reason, he ALWAYS starts the starters in the 3rd period, and doesn't make any substitutions until the very end of teh quarter. This is just absolutely mind boggling. How could someone not realize that the 5 starters aren't always the right people to play 10.5 minutes of the quarter? I don't get it.

Something else that iritates me are the wasted timeouts. you can be sure that if he calls a timeout in either the 1st or 3rd quarters, it was absolutely a waste because he makes no adjustments whatsoever.. it's always the same guys coming back out on the floor. And surprisingly enough, our team doesn't fare any better after the timeout.

anyways, it'll be interesting to see what happens in this series. detroit hasn't swept an opponent in a few years. Brian hill has never lost a series without getting swept. so, i wonder who's gonna break their record in this series.

Coaching rankings from sportillustrated.com

Guess what...our coach is the last one

16 Brian Hill

As we've talked about in the past, Hill isn't exactly at his best when having to adapt or adjust on the fly. Opposing teams flesh out Hill's schemes by halftime, his teams won't know how to react; and even if a sound game plan is in place, Hill hasn't always been the most proactive of motivators. The trick for the Magic coach this time around is to try to take a game or two before being knocked out of the playoffs -- Hill's three playoff series losses have all been sweeps.

So... the answer to this question is a big no-no.

I say they maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe will put Darko for starter or play him more, nothing else.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by nate dizzy:

I just don't see the substitution problems that you guys are talking about. The reasons we lost are FT shooting and TO's. Unless Dwight and the boys start to hit FT's and take care of the ball, we will be gone in 4. Get off Brian's jock.

It's like this Nate. Our starters played 10 1/2 minutes together in the first quarter and 10 1/2 minutes together in the 3rd quarter, without a single substitution. Care to guess what the score was of those two quarters combined?

58-40

We were outscored by 18 points in those two quarters and our coach souldn't seem to find a reason to change things up a bit.

Hill is notorious for not making proper substitutions, rotations and adjustments. This game was a key example of how he seems to forget that substitutions can alter the momentum of a game.

I have tired of his two different units on the court. A first unit that plays together during the 1st and 3rd quarters, and a completely different unit comprised of 4-5 different players that will play the majority of the 2nd and 4th quarters (until crunch time). It's ridiculous.

Well said, Smack! Well said!!!! We dig ourselves way too many times because of a stagnate offense prompted by our starters! Enough is enough! We looked so much better and more fluid with Dooling and/or Arroyo leading the offense last night! Let us learn from this mistake and actually make a run this year! Nelson has had way too many chances without consequences!!!!! Enough is ****ing enough! Hill, if most of us here can see it, why can't you?????

quote:
Originally posted by serviviente:

my adjustments would be the following:

dooling for nelson

darko for battie

This will give us better defense against chancey and wallace. this also will allow nelson to come into the game to guard hunter who is much smaller and can not keep up with jameer. this are my 2 cents.

I like it. Good suggestions. I would not mind seeing Arroyo and Dooling start. Hill in SF. Hedo off the bench. Hedo and Meer off the bench may do damage with the second unit. Makes them a faster unit. What do you think?

He hasnt made adjustments all year,dont expect any this series or I mean,SWEEP.If Brian Hill comes back as coach next year I will make a pause as a Magic fan,its going to be hard but Its a promise.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Will Darko start

Will meer be benched for a better defender

Or will we use the old Brian tactic, try the same thing we did tonight again and hope for better results?

I bet Meer starts and gets torched, and Battie starts and makes sheed look like a hall of famer.

Will JJ play or will we go to the old lineup of Carlos,Dooling,Ariza(if get gets to play), Darko and Dwight

we all know how good of a shootetr Dooling is and how capable a distributor Arroyo is..

You must be dreaming, or on drugs, THE MORON, is an sttubborn fuc##r. LOL

I agree with starting Dooling and Milicic and play the following starters as many minutes as possible:

STARTERS

!)pt - Dooling - guard Hamilton

2)gd - Hill - guard Billups

3)sf - Turkoglu - guard Prince

4)pf - Milicic - guard Wallace

5)c - Howard - guard Webber

BACKUPS USED AS NEEDED DEPENDING ON

PLAY OF INDIVIDUAL STARTERS:

backcourt- Redick, Arroyo

frontcourt- Ariza, Battie,

BENCH:

Nelson, Outlaw, Bogans

NOT DRESSED:

Diener, Garrity, Augustine

Put Darko or Battie on Chris; I don't think Webber's been more than an inch off the ground since he had his, what? Fiftieth? Knee surgery.

Let Dwight guard Wallace.

Let Hill guard Billups.

Let Ariza guard Mr. Mask Man.

Hmmmm...Prince. Eh - Hedo or something.

30Assists,

I have a problem with Howard guarding Wallace because of Wallace's deep threat pulling Howard away from the basket. Milicic's defense creates problems for Wallace. Good match up.

If Turkoglu isn't in the starting lineup, we have no reliable 3 point threat causing the Detroit defense to sag.

I changed GHill to guard Billups and Dooling to guard Hamilton. I like that better.