Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

Gentlemen, it's as simple as this......

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Hey Military do you really think that Brian Hill will make the right adjustments for the next game. If you do then you must think that GW is doing a great job adjusting the war.

That is an awesome comparison!

quote:
BHill will probably make the adjustments but I seriously can't predict of he can get the players to adjust on the court,

Its the soldiers fault not the Generals right, Me thinks you drink too much.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Wow, okay, listen up:

Why didn't Ariza play in the 2nd half? BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DO S H I T IN THE 1st HALF.

Why didn't JJ play to guard Rip? B/C JJ IS A SLOW SHORT WHITE GUY.

I mean, WTF guys the rotations were solid. Hedo was so critical in the game. GHill was playing good to. We kept focus on our wing players and we HAD to give Dwight the ball because he could have won the game for us if he had pulled through a few times. But otherwise we focused on our wings AND FOR GOOD REASON.

It was a good dang game, the Pistons are just a sick team that doesn't miss jump shots. Needless to say, Dwight and Darko aren't going to make a difference on whether or not Rip and TP and Billups are swishing 18 footers!

I hope we play a similar game in game 2. We must tweak to find a way to reduce the t/o's. We also have to tweak to keep Dwight off the foul line - maybe less 1-on-1 and more focus on the pick and roll for Dwight. More than that though, we just have to have faith in Dwight to make some FT's and keep playing our game.

You're right, they were decent.......when he MADE THEM! After we cut the lead to eight going into half time he didn't make a SINGLE substitution until there was 1:26 left on the third quarter clock!

Not to mention that Darko was not in the least bit in foul trouble, yet Battie (who was utterly destroyed by seemingly everyone he was guarding) was in for the majority of the third, even though it was our bench that got us back in the game!

Our coach is the sheer definition of a moron!

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Wow, okay, listen up:

Why didn't Ariza play in the 2nd half? BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DO S H I T IN THE 1st HALF.

I mean, WTF guys the rotations were solid. Hedo was so critical in the game. GHill was playing good to. We kept focus on our wing players and we HAD to give Dwight the ball because he could have won the game for us if he had pulled through a few times. But otherwise we focused on our wings AND FOR GOOD REASON.

It was a good dang game, the Pistons are just a sick team that doesn't miss jump shots. Needless to say, Dwight and Darko aren't going to make a difference on whether or not Rip and TP and Billups are swishing 18 footers!

I hope we play a similar game in game 2. We must tweak to find a way to reduce the t/o's. We also have to tweak to keep Dwight off the foul line - maybe less 1-on-1 and more focus on the pick and roll for Dwight. More than that though, we just have to have faith in Dwight to make some FT's and keep playing our game.

You're right, they were decent.......when he MADE THEM! After we cut the lead to eight going into half time he didn't make a SINGLE substitution until there was 1:26 left on the third quarter clock!

Not to mention that Darko was not in the least bit in foul trouble, yet Battie (who was utterly destroyed by seemingly everyone he was guarding) was in for the majority of the third, even though it was our bench that got us back in the game!

You guys kill me. Every stinking TV analyst on the planet in there post-game comments taked first and foremost about our 1.) Turnovers and 2.) Missed Free Throws

You guys have to have a scapegoat every game we lose and most of the time it's Brian Hill.

Guys we lost by 7 points. We missed 18 free throws and committed 20 something turnovers. It's not rocket science here.

You guys are amazing. You ruin the board with all this constant Brian Hill negativity.

Here's some advice, Brian Hill will be here next year so why don't you guys make a copy of your posts and click paste every time Brian Hill is mentioned cause you guys say the same things over and over and over again.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

quote:

Wow, okay, listen up:

You guys kill me. Every stinking TV analyst on the planet in there post-game comments taked first and foremost about our 1.) Turnovers and 2.) Missed Free Throws

You guys have to have a scapegoat every game we lose and most of the time it's Brian Hill.

Guys we lost by 7 points. We missed 18 free throws and committed 20 something turnovers. It's not rocket science here.

You guys are amazing. You ruin the board with all this constant Brian Hill negativity.

Here's some advice, Brian Hill will be here next year so why don't you guys make a copy of your posts and click paste every time Brian Hill is mentioned cause you guys say the same things over and over and over again.

Come on Junkie, you can't possibly believe that our lineup during the 3rd quarter was getting it done. We actually did not commit many TO's during the 4th.

1.) While Tony was guarding Rasheed, he went 6-8 from the field. While Darko was guarding him, he went 0-4. Go figure.

2.) We were down by 14 in the first half, but used our bench during the end of the second to cut the lead to 8.

Our fans must face it. Our starting lineup is mediocre at best. We have one consistent outside shooter, a PF that doesn't compliment our star big men in any way, and our official game plan is to basically get it to Dwight and let him work the paint. Do you know who can adjust this? The Coach. Of course he's in love with his veterans far to much to give it any consideration. If we came with a different game plan, we wouldn't cause as many turnovers. Clifford Ray may have helped Dwight develop a free throw shot, just look at Jefferson, but instead we stayed with B. Hills crew.

There was a reason why this man was fired from the organization long ago, and it's because he isn't right for this team. Those in Vancouver and NJ would agree with us when they had him as an assistant coach. The truth is that this organization has never really made the attempt to sign an experienced, and big name coach, but rather Rivers, Jent, Hill, Guokas, etc....

quote:

Wow, okay, listen up:

in my opinion these playoffs are not at all about this year but our future....trevor ariza figures to be one of biggest pieces of the future, he has to play more in these playoff situations...and your god dam right fasn for to long..he was productive, our young guys need to be on the court together gaining experiemce...that was the whole "we have to make the playoffs if only for experience of our young guys sake", this is basically the only reason because everyone knows we aint gonna win this series

very good post ball junkie...you sum EVERYTHING up very well, good job

ball junkie you dont want to blame the coach for another 20 turnover performance. In case you didnt know it that is horrible. That kind of lack of execution wasnt just tonight...its been all year long. Coaches should at one point during the year make changes in the offense if it isnt running well to make it flow more smoothly. A good coach would have...and we wouldnt be one of the worst in the league. The offense is stagnant and Hill doesnt see a need to change it...hence the turnovers. I can assure you we will make no adjustments next game and will have another 20 to performance the next game. But you still wont want to blame the coach.

Down by three and a second left brian would dump it down in the post rather than shoot the three.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

quote:

Wow, okay, listen up:

Since I'm a standup guy(and I'm, honestly, kind of drunk right now) I want to ask Junkie a question. Ignoring everything else in the game, not saying this is the reason we lost, just looking at it completely in its own regard, who had the better game in your opinion: Darko or Tony?

I think anyone watching the game would argue that Darko was challenging the shots more than Tony, and he was certainly more effective on the offensive end. Was this the cause of the loss? No. But as a question based on its own merits, I think it demonstrates a clear answer.

Sorry to have interrupted the arguing.

The Pistons are a better team in every possible way than the Magic could ever dream to be this season. The only reason the game was even close, was because the Pistons got complacent and probably a little bit bored. The Magic and Brian Hill are smoking crack if they really think they have a ghost's shot in hell of winning even one game. Even Otis said that the top priority right now was getting his young core guys -- Dwight, Jameer, Darko, Trevor and JJ -- some playoff experience. So with that said, I don't get why Trevor got hardly any PT and JJ got NONE. To me, it just illustrates what has been happening all season. Brian Hill wants to ride his same old starter mules until the bitter end regardless of the consequences.

The fact that Otis & Co. have given Brian Hill their vote of confidence next season tells me that they don't care about winning. Maybe that's why Dwight doesn't seem to really care either. Who can blame him? He gets paid either way.

Pathetic. All of it.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

ball junkie you dont want to blame the coach for another 20 turnover performance. In case you didnt know it that is horrible. That kind of lack of execution wasnt just tonight...its been all year long. Coaches should at one point during the year make changes in the offense if it isnt running well to make it flow more smoothly. A good coach would have...and we wouldnt be one of the worst in the league. The offense is stagnant and Hill doesnt see a need to change it...hence the turnovers. I can assure you we will make no adjustments next game and will have another 20 to performance the next game. But you still wont want to blame the coach.

Down by three and a second left brian would dump it down in the post rather than shoot the three.

I agree completely. I'm beginning to think that B. Hill wouldn't have been able to win a championship with the same squad that Phil Jackson did.

Good game tonight.

But, I hope you all don't think that Detroit played their best game. I really don't think we are going to see a whole lot of improvement from Orlando. That was a good game they played. The Magic shouldn't expect to shoot 60% from the field. The magic showed us their best game already.