Sign in to follow this  
Kaioshen

Game Thread - Magic vs. Spurs (1/11/09)

2nd most entertaining game of the year for us...behind the LAL game.

Sky made a great point. Normally, when playing the Spurs, injuries play a role in victories, cuz it seems like theres always one of their big three out. But tonight, it was straight up, us vs. them. We won...on the road.

Not to mention, what a heck of a game this was! Back and forth the whole way through. Fun stuff, especially since the good guys came out on top!

Unbelievable week ahead. IMO, our toughest back to back of the year is Friday-Saturday (@LAL, @DEN). And don't sleep on those Kings on Tuesday. Kevin Martin, since coming back from injury, is playing absolutely out of his mind.

And yeah, if the Power Rankings are true Power Rankings, we should be #2 tomorrow, behind Cleveland, considering LAL's loss to NO on Tuesday. Add the fact that we just beat The Vets in their gym and that equals a #2 rank.

I seriously cannot wait till the 22nd, and DEFINITELY the 29th. I officially am counting down the days. I feel like a kid and this month is just full of Christmases with all these big games!

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

I like it. Jameer gets angry at the coach when he is told to back off an offensive player. Good to see him want to step up on both sides of the ball

Post game Stan says Jameer was pissed because he told Jameer to play Parker soft on defense when he wanted to attack him.

Jameer rips the Spurs almost every times he plays them, everyone remembers Dwights dunk to win, but Jameer's 31 gave him the chance to make the dunk.

quote:
Originally posted by DaveCorzineLives!:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

eric snow cannot speak in front of a camera

the nba tv crew sucks

He talks in circles. At least the ESPN guys offer an opinion. What happened to Vescey and Rick Camala?

he also says things like Paints in the point and said "you know what i mean" like 5 times in a single question with hedo.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

I like it. Jameer gets angry at the coach when he is told to back off an offensive player. Good to see him want to step up on both sides of the ball

Post game Stan says Jameer was pissed because he told Jameer to play Parker soft on defense when he wanted to attack him.

Jameer rips the Spurs almost every times he plays them, everyone remembers Dwights dunk to win, but Jameer's 31 gave him the chance to make the dunk.

Yeah, it's nice to hear that Jameer wanted to be aggresive.

And I remember Jameer's good game mainly because it's hard to forget an Arroyo-Nelson backcourt outplaying Parker-Ginobili down the stretch.

I was at that game,and I remember Jameer was the best player in our team that day. I remember Grant Hill sucking bad.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

Did anyone else see the Sentinel's headline for this game right now?

"Magic getting key contributions from all 4 shooting guards" Link

Let's see... Lee, JJ, and Bogans. Where's 4? As much as I like MP, what did he do this game? Cheer them on from the bench? Distract TP by pulling a Hedo and showing some skin, causing Mr. Longoria to miss those two layups late in the 4th?

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

Redick step up big time tonight.

alright i'm not reading 19 pages, so i'm just going to start from here, i know i'm not a fan of jj, and i know i was happy for him to make those 3's when we needed them badly, but that across the court rainbow pass and another one down the stretch left me as stock unchanged for this game. i liked that he shot it well, and i think the most important thing we learned about this game from him was that he's willing to yell at a ref when his face gets red, that's actually a minor stock up in my book, the refs seemingly only really listen when they get yelled at.

great game overall, i like the grind it out look we have to this team especially on the road, and in games where it looked like we wouldn't win and we didn't in the past, nowdays it looks like it doesn't bother us to be down by 10 at the begining of the fourth or something, we have that will to just make it happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Nike:

Did anyone else see the Sentinel's headline for this game right now?

"Magic getting key contributions from all 4 shooting guards" Link

Let's see... Lee, JJ, and Bogans. Where's 4? As much as I like MP, what did he do this game? Cheer them on from the bench? Distract TP by pulling a Hedo and showing some skin, causing Mr. Longoria to miss those two layups late in the 4th?

It's written by Brian Schmitz, the all-around clown. What did you expect.

Must've thought Ginobili was a Magic.