Sign in to follow this  
PNuT1423

JJ IS A MONSTER

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

Let's be realistic though, if JJ missed a few of his three pointers in the last three games, you won't hear the end of it from the anti-"JJ slobbers".

They're in shut up mode right now, see how peaceful the message board is?

I'm happy for JJ and the Magic, but let's not act like JJ Redick hitting a few 3 pointers will lead to an early Hall of Fame induction.

The kid has persevered and prospered, exactly what this team needed him to do (either for trade value or roster depth).

Nice to see him attempting shots in rhythm.EVen nicer to see him make them.

Where in my post did I exactly say that or even insinuate it?

If he went 0/3 or 1/3 the two games before last night and if he went around 2/5 last night from three land then it'd be ugly. That's just my point. A good percentage of his shots are three point shots and if he missed even a few of them it won't look good given his limited playing time no matter how you slice it.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I thought it said a lot of Stan's mindset that JJ got all the backup minutes behind Lee until garbage time.

Then he put Bogans in which means the guy is NOT hurt enough to play.

So far I like the Lee/JJ combo at SG. Pietrus might have to settle for backup SF minutes when he returns if they keep playing like this.

lol did you watch the same games we all watched? peitrus needs to start for this team when he comes back, lee and bogans will come off the bendh when they're all healthy and probably in that order. we definately need peitrus in there, we downed a lethargic hawks team and before that the wizards that are going through their own 'grant hill era' i remember seeing anthony parker and caron butler burn us recently knowing that peitrus, while he would have taken 5 fouls to do it, would have kept both of those guys under 15 points.

Everybody is happy for JJ and the team. I always root for JJ but try to keep grounded when he has a great game. This might be his one or two good games that he always has every season. All the JJ fanatics shouldn't be in "i told you so" mode yet.

Cook did score 18 one time last year too and it really got him into the rotation.

JJ seemed pissed... I wonder it was all that anger kept under his suits that was released last night.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

Everybody is happy for JJ and the team. I always root for JJ but try to keep grounded when he has a great game. This might be his one or two good games that he always has every season. All the JJ fanatics shouldn't be in "i told you so" mode yet.

Cook did score 18 one time last year too and it really got him into the rotation.

Considering how some people dog J.J. like he has no game at all, you better believe it's "I told you so" time.

Defensively, it's been I told you so time all season.

quote:

Paul in Gainesville, Fla.:

Even I(a known hater) was impressed with J.J.'s shooting last night. I even see improvements in his defense(still not good, though). Bogans is struggling now(health?). When Keith and Pietrus get healthy is he still in the rotation with Lee?

Preetom Bhattacharya:

Redick was pretty impressive last night, for sure. Two questions will determine if he can stay in the rotation: 1) can he sustain that kind of shooting? 2) can he play defense at this level? The Magic do not need him to be the shooter her was last night so much as they need him to play defense and shoot as a secondary contribution. There's plenty of scoring on the court for them with Dwight, Shard, Hedo, and Jameer - so JJ's job will be to come in and play tough D while hitting the shots that are open to him. He has to be a value shooter rather than a volume one.

I can see him in the rotation if he can do that. The reason he hasn't been is because he hasn't done those things.

Exactly the things Bogans does except for his shooting slump of late.

Fot the 100th time...Stan, or the Magic don't need scoring from the "2"spot...look at what we already have on the floor...(Dwight, Turk, Lew & Jameer)???!!!

Just hit the open shot when it's there...

Now, I'm perfectly comfortable with trading Bogans if it makes us better...I still say when and or if they trade Bogans when everyone is healthy(Pietrus) J.J. goes back to getting scrub minutes...Lee has been awesome..there is no way he'll lose his spot if no other reason because of his stalwart defense.

If I was a J.J. groupie fan I'd pull for him to get traded if you want him getting more minutes and shots and a bigger role.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=111

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by Eyriq:

This site has so much potential...until the flame wars break out. lol.

Back on subject. JJ is a monster. Great thread Stunning****, if JJ ever learned how to crab dribble, he'd be damm near unguardable.

LOL

Personally, I don't think JJ realizes the full extent of his stardom yet. He could probably run around the floor without dribbling like a running back.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

Let's be realistic though, if JJ missed a few of his three pointers in the last three games, you won't hear the end of it from the anti-"JJ slobbers".

They're in shut up mode right now, see how peaceful the message board is?

Lol i actually made this post as a giant sarcastic remark, and i thought pec would kill me for laying it on so thick. it's great that jj's shot is falling, but with our sg score healthy he's still 4th string, and with boston running low in the emotions fuel tank we could sneak a pg like pruitt away from them and they get a great shooter.

i still hate the idea of trading to a championship contender let alone one in the eastern conference though, more power to jj maybe he can land himself on a team wher they don't have 3 sg spots already filled and he can play like 30 mins a night. in turn we can fill a gap we need to get filled for a good playoff run this time around, right now the backup pg spot looks thin.

i must give credit to stan for using more than 8 guys to get wins, guys deserves a real pat on the back.

given our salary cap issues for the next couple years, redick is a steal at the salary he is at for next season. 2 mil for a good 2nd/3rd string guard isnt bad considering the production he is capable of. it would make more sense still to move bogans and his more friendly contract while maintaining good backcourt depth.

thats especially important because we will want otis to retain gortat without a doubt. he might cost a little bit of money against the cap. we would have to replace redicks spot if he and bogans both left(bogans is gone) which would take us going even further over the cap to sign a low wage guard to take redicks place. as happy as we are with lee's improvement, you cant run just MP and lee at the 2 all season.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Even I(a known hater) was impressed with J.J.'s shooting last night. I even see improvements in his defense(still not good, though). Bogans is struggling now(health?). When Keith and Pietrus get healthy is he still in the rotation with Lee?

Preetom Bhattacharya:

Redick was pretty impressive last night, for sure. Two questions will determine if he can stay in the rotation: 1) can he sustain that kind of shooting? 2) can he play defense at this level? The Magic do not need him to be the shooter her was last night so much as they need him to play defense and shoot as a secondary contribution. There's plenty of scoring on the court for them with Dwight, Shard, Hedo, and Jameer - so JJ's job will be to come in and play tough D while hitting the shots that are open to him. He has to be a value shooter rather than a volume one.

I can see him in the rotation if he can do that. The reason he hasn't been is because he hasn't done those things.

Fot the 100th time...Stan, or the Magic don't need scoring from the "2"spot...look at what we already have on the floor...(Dwight, Turk, Lew & Jameer)???!!!

Now, I'm perfectly comfortable with trading Bogans if it makes us better...I still say when and or if they trade Bogans when everyone is healthy(Pietrus) J.J. goes back to getting scrub minutes...Lee has been awesome..there is no way he'll lose his spot if no other reason because of his stalwart defense.

If I was a J.J. groupie fan I'd pull for him to get traded if you want him getting more minutes and shots and a bigger role.

sorry balljunkie, but Bogans time has passed and you need to just get over it. And yes I am very pleased with Redick's proformance he is getting better each game when in combo with Lee and yes the real "experts" all say they are impressed with Redick's D unlike the experts you need to dredge up to make your spin work.

During the game quite a few wondered where you were hiding considering Redick's play on the court and not just scoring btw.

payback is such a ***** isn't it!!!!!rofl

and yes cunningstunt I know you started this thread in jest instead it came back and bit you in the *** thanks for starting it lol.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

Preetom Bhattacharya:

sorry balljunkie, but Bogans time has passed and you need to just get over it. And yes I am very pleased with Redick's proformance he is getting better each game when in combo with Lee and yes the real "experts" all say they are impressed with Redick's D unlike the experts you need to dredge up to make your spin work.

During the game quite a few wondered where you were hiding considering Redick's play on the court and not just scoring btw.

payback is such a ***** isn't it!!!!!rofl

and yes cunningstunt I know you started this thread in jest instead it came back and bit you in the *** thanks for starting it lol.

i love your rationale...redick struggles for years in the nba, he has 3 good games in a row and now he's the second coming. Bogans hits a slump that is miniscule compared to JJ's from earlier this year and now he's washed up.

Balljunkie's assessment is absolutly correct.

quote:

quote:

Preetom Bhattacharya:

Man, I could not DISAGREE with Pree and you more regarding JJ's role. Our second unit is DYING for offense and a scoring punch, and JJ has seemed to fill that spot quite nicely. Here's to playing whoever is hot and helps the Magic the most at that point in time. Go Magic!!!

I think everyone should just be happy that JJ is playing well and helping the team. This constant argument about Redick/Lee/Bogans is getting old.

We're 29-8 and our guards aren't the weakspot anymore. Sounds good to me.