Sign in to follow this  
thagr8wunn

Hedo must be traded while we can get something for him!!!

Let's see if this will happen:

I suggest a sticky thread named "Trade Hedo or Not? Open Discussion" considering the amount of threads and posts dedicated to this topic more than any other topic on this board.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMax:

quote:
Originally posted by thagr8wunn:

also hedo is gonna want alot of money... lets say 10 -12 million a year... are we gonna want to give him that much just cuz of what he did last year?

IMO, he will get between 9-10M.

These topics are really boring. Mods need to clean same 39592 trade hedo threads..

quote:
Originally posted by Aron-Ingi:

Well now is the time Otis...

Make a trade with the Blazers, they have placed a warning to other NBA teams if they sign Darius Miles so why not just threat them into something beautiful? Give us some good players for Hedo or else we sign Darius Miles.

Something like Hedo and pick for LeMarcus Aldridge and Rudy Fernandez...

I see no harm in this since the Blazers are making legal warnings to NBA teams about Miles.

1. That's about 20 kinds of against NBA rules, and not only would we not be allowed to make that trade, but we'd forfeit several draft picks as well. Hell, Portland may face punishment from the league for their open threat to other teams with lawsuits(since that's pretty blatantly tampering).

2. Even if it were legal, I guarantee you that Portland values Aldridge and Fernandez more than they value 9m in cap space.

quote:

Make a trade with the Blazers, they have placed a warning to other NBA teams if they sign Darius Miles so why not just threat them into something beautiful? Give us some good players for Hedo or else we sign Darius Miles.

I see no harm in this since the Blazers are making legal warnings to NBA teams about Miles.

Last time I checked, blackmail was still illegal.

quote:

Fozzy.png

quote:
Originally posted by MagicMax:

quote:

also hedo is gonna want alot of money... lets say 10 -12 million a year... are we gonna want to give him that much just cuz of what he did last year?

IMO, he will get between 9-10M.

These topics are really boring. Mods need to clean same 39592 trade hedo threads..

From NBA.com via hoopshype.com-

"Says one extremely high-ranking team executive: "This is going to be a nuclear winter for free agents. I would not want to be one this summer. So, if the point is that this summer will be great because there will be bargains galore, you are on the money."

Check on hoopshype.com to find the link (I couldn't find it from NBA.com) lots of talk about FA spending and how it will be impacted. These guys that opt out like Turk are not going to have the money being thrown at them, teams are going to save it for the Boozer's and other big names. If that doesn't work they are going to bargain shop or save it for 2010.

We should also trade Dwight Howard! Leading the league in Rebounds and Blocks, we should be able to get some great pieces for him!

Seriously, guys? If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

sheesh.

all im sayin is to consider trading him... yeah it aint broke... but how will everyone feel after this year if do not win the championship and if hedo leaves in free agency... everyone is gonna be like man we should have traded him. we have good chemistry with him but its not like we have been depending on him this year as we did last year... remember his shooting hasnt been good and hes been turning over the ball alot... and of course the trade has to make sense...

quote:
Originally posted by Howard:

This team would already been completed if we still have Darko, Hill, Arroyo and Dooling.

I agree with everyone except for Arroyo.

quote:

all im sayin is to consider trading him... yeah it aint broke... but how will everyone feel after this year if do not win the championship and if hedo leaves in free agency... everyone is gonna be like man we should have traded him. we have good chemistry with him but its not like we have been depending on him this year as we did last year... remember his shooting hasnt been good and hes been turning over the ball alot... and of course the trade has to make sense...

What trade makes sense?? This is my point, trade hedo for what, some younger role players that could be go in a year or so, I am sure SVG loves to develop guys!

We seriously need an official & stickied "Trade Hedo or not and for what?" thread until his situation is resolved, so all the other ones can get closed.